What can I do for my morning sickness that lasts all day?

Ok I am 7 weeks and 3 days and I have horrible morning sickness that lasts all day. This being my 4th baby you would think I would be used to this but I am not I need some home remedies because the zofran has stopped working. Please

8 Likes

Peppermint tea for me, crackers & wendys nuggets is all my daughter would tolerate.

My daughter used ginger gravol

I had Hyperemesis gravidarum! I was sick through the whole pregnancy. I was on 3 different kinds of nausea meds and I would go in and get fluids from time to time so I wasn’t dehydrated. So make sure you keep yourself hydrated. I did alot of resting there wasn’t much they could offer or that I tried that helped. I lived on IV Fluids tho. Best of luck!

I used Diclegis and Zofran with my fourth (which was my worst morning sickness of my five by far). It took the edge off, but I still spent most of the first trimesters in bed - I really feel for you. Hang in there!!

Nothing worked for me. I lost 25 pounds from my morning sickness with my last.

Could be HG. Hyperemesis gravidarum. I had it with my 3rd pregnancy. And not to discourage you but literally nothing helped until I gave birth. Your doctor may be able to help but mine just kept sending me in for fluids bc nothing helped. I just ate and held it down as long as I could to try to absorb the nutrients.

The doctor can give you meds for that. Me I had ut all day with both kids and I had to just take a bite of food throw up and then I was good for a little while

Nothing. Unfortunately for me nothing worked. I would nap whenever I could so I didn’t have to feel the feeling of being nauseas. I would tell myself that this is only temporary and I get a baby at the end. Hang in there

1 Like

I was terribly sick for seven and a half months. The only thing that helped me was taking my prenatal vitamins in the morning. I had always taken them at night because I had heard or people had told me that I wouldn’t have as much nausea from them if I took them at night. One night I forgot to take them I took him in the morning and it finally subsided and stopped my morning sickness within like an hour. I don’t know if it’ll work for you but it worked for me bless you

Could be HG OR you could be having twins. That was my experience. I stayed sick pretty much all day up until they did my csection at 34 weeks. They gave me a low dose of zofran which helped somewhat.

Pickles or pickle juice. Also friend swears by mustard

I feel for you. I had it with each pregnancy until I was well into my second trimester and I think everyone is different on what can make you feel even a little better. For me it was only chik fil a fries :woman_shrugging:t2: isn’t it wild that we still don’t have a good way to battle this :roll_eyes:

Cold grapes and salt and vinegar crisps helped me!

Pepcid complete. I took it 2x a day. I was careful with foods too. I only ate what I craved. That helped. :sparkling_heart:

Smell rubbing alcohol lol

2 Likes

The only thing that worked for me was sipping on regular Coca-Cola room temp and flat is best but it helped no matter how I had it. Something about the heavy syrup coated and calmed my stomach better than anything else.

I always did ginger soda and crackers throughout the day make sure to try and stay full it helps

Smelling lemons helped me but my nausea wasn’t bad this time around thankfully

Preg with my 4th and between week 6-12 I was sick all day and puking all day. At 11 weeks I was puking so much blood was in my vomit. Went to ER for a shot in my buttocks for phenergan and fluids my body desperately needed. Got a script and used a few when it was worst case scenario, couldn’t handle puking anymore. Luckily, it stopped around week 14. Now, I’m 25w and feel great.

Yep, all day everyday for 8 month, I only had my last month where it was only a few times a week, worse thing ever xx

Aww I feel for you so much! I had this my whole pregnancy , it was my first and every time I think back it makes me so scared to have another baby because it was a feeling that literally wouldn’t go away, it mentally destroyed me! I tried acupuncture etc didn’t help. Ondansetron, pregnancy reflexology and massage helped me to a certain extent but it lasted right up until I give birth!

Lemon drops. Try liquid IV to help with dehydration. Better than Gatorade. Expensive but good. Ginger snap cookies helped also

My doctor prescribed 25mg Phenergan. I was also using SeaBands. I was so sick first trimester.

I had HG with my 4th and the only thing that helped was promethazine that just helped for a second to keep something down. Don’t be afraid to go to the hospital for fluids.

Oh girl. The ONLY thing that will work is a medicine that is for patients that get ill from chemo. I forget what it’s called. I’m so sorry. I know your pain. I chose to be sick for 3 mo I didn’t want to take the meds.

I had to go to my DR once a week for B12 shots. That usually gave me 2-3 hours between throwing up. They tried everything even nausea pills that desolved under my tongue and that didn’t work. I tried meds through an IV nothing work. All I could eat was 1 plum a day plus two slices of lunch meat with a slice of cheese, and sip on water. And this lasted for 9 months. Talk to your Dr.

Girl I was sick from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. Zofran suppositories was the only thing I could take that worked. Good luck

Morning sickness is a magnesium deficiency.

Prenatal vitamins are crap for almost half the population (don’t believe me, search Gary Brekka on youtube, it has changed my life) take a natural bioavailable source of nutrients. The b12, vit D, and multiple other sources of vitamins are absolutely toxic to some of us. It will cause adhd, depression, and multiple other mental disorders.

Promethazine and Zofran helped me

I don’t want hate bcuz we tried for this rainbow baby since.my MC in 2021 April 40.weeks 2 days
I stopped smokin w£ed soon as found out pregnant … Couldn’t eat or drink for 5/6 days at a time when did threw everythin up Inc drink lost 2 stone was in and out hospital every other day on fluids … Couldn’t clean or look after my ikkel lady no meads was workin on X2 at a time still didn’t matter I couldn’t stay awake I have HG this time round
Someone told me try w### so I did and it lit enabled me to eat and drink wheneva and whatever … Keep outta hospital … Clean and look after my ikkel miss *wit my daughter I stopped instantly and didn’t smoke W### threw out her pregnancy … Not saying to smoke but HG is horrendous and wouldn’t wish it on my enemy xx sending luv hope it just sickness and not HG for U xxx

Preggy pops they sell them anywhere they sell baby stuff. they are just little hard candies but they work. I was sick with my first it was the only thing that helped.