What can I do for PUPPP rash?

Any suggestions for PUPPP rash? I am 35 weeks + 5 days. I have it on my abdomen, thighs, butt, even up to my arm pits. I went to the doctor and was told there is nothing they can do and I should try home remedies. This itching is absolutely miserable so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I had it with my first born. My great aunt told me to put baby oil on…it actually made it worse for me :confounded: (but all I had was lavender scented baby oil so it might have been the scent and dyes that I was sensitive to :thinking:) we’re all different so it might work for you, but fair warning it may not. Good luck! It’s so uncomfortable I know :disappointed:

Oatmeal bath, and coconut oil lotion.

Apple cider vinegar, baking soda bath or make a paste, baby powder

Sarna lotion. Stay out of the heat. I had a severe case of Puppps. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done for it.

Gold Bond can help with most rashes

I had it terrible. My doctor told me it was fine to use hydrocortisone cream. It helped.

Dove body wash, and warm bath. I had it with my first two pregnancies. The hospital gave me meds to help with the itching as well.

Tea tree oil and hydrocortisone cream

If it gets awful they can put you on steroids.

I had it it was awful. I use hydroCortisone cream and took oatmeal baths but nothing really helped. I actually had it for a good 3 to 4 weeks postpartum as well. Hang in there!

Oatmeal bathes, calmine lotion???

Oohh i had that it was awful i used hydrocortisone cream mixed with aloe helped alot but never went away till after birth

It’s terrible! I used a steroid cream that my doctor gave me, but it only helped very slightly. There’s not a ton that you can do, really. There’s no way to get rid of it besides delivery. Mine started to go away almost immediately after delivery.

The only thing that helped me was oatmeal baths.

Oatmeal bath and Epsom salt bath

Coconut oil and warm baths with oatmeal! Make sure your skin is completely dry before applying the oil. Wear loose fitting clothing that doesn’t rub on the irritated areas if possible

I had severe PUPPS with my twins. I was told to buy this pine tar soap and use it everyday more than once a day if possible and it worked! Definitely helped the itching. I would shower with that and dry off, immediately cover myself in Aveeno oatmeal lotion. Stay out of the heat if you can because it makes it worse. And I also used ice packs when it was totally unbearable. Good luck! It went away hours after I delivered my babies.

GOLD BOND
They even have a baby powder that is AMA-ZING!
I saw a stick version at Wal-Mart. Looks like deodorant.

Aloe Vera gel for sunburns was the only thing that gave me relief. The kind without alcohol. So soothing.

That must have been what I had with both my pregnancies…felt like I had chicken pox, the itching was horrible!

Buy CBD oil it stops itch and clears rash