What can I do to get rid of thrush?

Is there anything I can get over the counter for ORAL thrush? I’m pretty sure it’s also in my esophagus. I already have 3,000 in medical bills and no health Insurance even though I applied for Medicaid 2 months ago. If left untreated I know it can spread throughout and I’ll go septic. I don’t know what to do.

7 Likes

Won’t get rid of it but you can try a waterpik and use the toothbrush head with the water to help get some gunk off

1/2 Apple cider vinegar. 1/2 water. Swish it around several times a day and gargle with salt water

2 Likes

Lemon water and a probiotic. Thrush is a fungal overgrowth due to an imbalanced microbiome.

Rinse your mouth out as often as you can with milk of magnesia DO NOT swallow. I have had this problem and it really does help.

Gentian Violet is over the counter and works great. Beware it does turn everything purple.

2 Likes

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar in one cup of water and gargle for 15 seconds. You could also try hydrogen peroxide… gargle but be sure not to swallow it.

1 Like

Call the Man from UNCLE :slight_smile:

Sugar makes it grow rapidly. Avoid sugar until it is healed.

2 Likes

Baking soda may also help kill the yeast that causes the fungal infection and maintain healthy pH levels in the mouth. Mix 1-2 tablespoons baking soda with water until it forms a paste. Apply the paste with a cotton ball onto the tongue and inner cheeks. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.

Go to the ER. If you get sicker it will cost them more.

Tea tree oil. Do not swallow! Dilute with coconut oil, then Brush teeth,tongue and gargle with it! Several times a day, especially after meals,before bed and upon waking

Home remedy is liquid benadryl and mom…equal parts

The heck with the medical bills, take care of yourself

9 Likes

Wellllll…. How do you feel about the color purple :joy:. The oral meds did nothing for my kids but genetian violet cleared it right up. It’s about $8 at a pharmacy usually found at a mom and pop pharmacy, buuuttt the down side is it stains purple. Like really purple

No you need antibiotics for that. My youngest daughter had it when she was little

1 Like

Liquid Nystatin… fairly inexpensive

3 Likes

Unfortunately no , i got it was due to over prescribed antibiotics. It went all the way to my gi tract and digestive tract . Only the meds the er prescribed got rid of it .

1 Like

Take better care of yourself

1 Like

No unfortunately u need an oral anti-fungal

5 Likes

I get thrush everytime I get prescribed augmentin. I have to go to doc to get it taken care of, unfortunately

There should clinic’s with sliding scale. Call around.

Caneston… oral or cream …

1 Like

Gentian violet. You should be able to get it off of Amazon.

Plain yogurt swab mouth with it often and will go away in about a day day and half. I treated all my kids thrush like this never used rx meds :smiley::woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Avoid eating yeast products and sugar. It can be a sign of diabetes so you probably need to get it checked out.

I’m so sorry. I’ve been dealing with this for 4 weeks. The pain is unreal. I tried the home remedies for the 1st 2 weeks. I ended up at the dr. I’m now on 7 days Diflucan and magic mouthwash. I’m on my 5th day. No relief yet :confused:. I can’t imagine a baby going through this pain. Get well soon