What can I do to help my child with colic?

Very careful with everything what you are eating and try to drink fenchel tea. All in case you are breastfeeding. If not, change the milk you are giving to baby. Also exercise with legs of baby and gently massage her stomach.

I used a gas/colic meds in the baby isle its cheap and works great good luck

White noise. My son had it for what seemed like an eternity. He just turned 26 and is one of the greatest human beings I know. :heart:. Hang tough mama!

1 Like

Colic is a symptom try to find out why they are crying

1 Like

Acid reflux possibly. Both mine are allergic to dairy. Hold them upright on your shoulder for a half an hour after they eat. Good luck

Warm a blanket in the dryer and swaddle the baby. It helped my grandson when nothing else helped

Maybe try a different formula. I had to do that with my 1st 2. We tried a new one each week till we found one that worked. Good luck :blush::blush:

My son had colic for months when he was younger. The only thing that seemed to help was gripe water and I wore him like a kangaroo in his carrier. The movement from walking all day helped somehow.

When my son had colic 12 years ago I had an older washing machine and dryer and I sat him in on the washer in a boucey seat and would turn the washer on spin cycle and he would fall asleep long enough for me to get him calmed down so I could shower

My son had colic for what seemed like 9mo it was terrible I wish you the best of luck

With my last baby she was that way and had bad reflux. She couldn’t tolerate my breast milk at all. I tried everything I could think of, even goats milk. Finally the Dr prescribed her the formula similac for spit up (lime green lid) and she did awesome after that and her medical insurance paid for it.

Should always contact pediatrician with a baby that young.

1 Like

A little sugar in water can help, we used this when I worked in midwifery many moons ago, it worked

If you are breast feeding and your baby has colic here are a couple things you can try (1) drink at least 10oz of water 30 minutes before nursing …your milk may be too strong. (2) if your milk shoots out, go extract some of your milk before nursing…baby should have to suck the milk out, not having it shoot out into their mouth

I remember when my oldest son was a baby and having to drive him around at 2 or 3 in the morning when I was exhausted just to get him to go to sleep. Or I either had to put him in his carseat and swing him around. My son wasn’t a very good latcher. It caused my milk to dry up. I think he was getting reflux from the formula he was switched to.

Years ago brew camameil tea and I add a little sugar to make sweet n give a bottle in-between feeding but as u MD fennel seeds brewed also but must check with Dr

Roast barley, rice, corn you can keep that in a dry place. Pour a couple of big spoons in a L of water boil, that water give it to your baby. You can give this since 1 week old. Don’t add any sugar. If you give her formula instead of regular water use this water. It’s a very old recipe.

My daughter had colic bad and the only thing we could do to soothe her was set her in her carseat and put her on the top of the dryer and turn it on the vibration helped her so much

Gripe water bicycle her legs warm baths, a hot water warmer, I got mine at Miller drug but it’s a rubber pouch you fill with hot (not boiling) water so it can’t burn them and has a fleece cover you can put it on her belly or back to comfort her

Chiropractic care will work wonders for colic, acid reflux and just about everything!!

My baby seemed to like vibration I would put her in a here chair that had vibration and she would calm down

1 Like

Mine ended up having gas issues. After she ate, she would SCREAM and Scream. It was terrible. The dr ended up telling us to switch to a more gentle formula and to give her gas drops before and after being fed. Plus a couple ounces of apple juice mixed with a little formula once a day. No more pain after that.

I always heard give em a lil bit of black coffee, might settle down. I never done it, dont hurt to try.

This was 5 years ago but colic calm helped. He eventually had to be put on meds for acid reflux. Coliccalm.com

I used gripe water with my son. Was seriously a life saver!

I didn’t try this until my son was around 6-8 weeks so I would run it by a doctor first but the ONLY thing that helped my colicky son was this - boil some slices of onion in a pot of water. Cool the water and then bring it to bottle temp. Add a little sugar for taste. Put maybe half of an ounce in a bottle. Don’t use too much water, newborns aren’t supposed to have much water. My son would be asleep within minutes. Something to do with the properties in an onion. Sounds weird but it totally worked like magic for us. Gripe water and gas drops didn’t work for us.

Mine needed lactose free formula. She was happy with the very first bottle

Catnip tea can help. Peppermint water helps. They sell colic drops also

I’m in the same boat with my 5 week old. She starts as early as 4 pm and screams until 1 am at the latest. My baby just has to cry it out and then sleeps just fine. Nothing else has seemed to help other than sitting with her in front of a fan swaddled up and tight against me or my parents.

My youngest had colic, the swing on low as long as she was gently being rocked she was good.

We had to switch to special formula that was already broken down so his little tummy didnt have to work so hard to digest. Only downside was he was hungry every 2 hours but no more gas, screaming or vomiting/spitup

Massage his stomach,play with his leg as if you are getting them to his stomach.I mean get his knees to meet with his stomach. It helped me a lot with my daughter

Also a nice little body rub down after every bath will help them release the gas really good too. I used to do it to my husbands exes son he would burp fart and poop all in a matter of minutes and go straight to sleep after :joy::heart:

I would put my daughter in her car seat and set her on the dryer and turn it on. It sounds funny but it worked

Old time remedy b4 all these other expensive remedies. Boil some peppermintlet cool give small amount. The formula for gas helped my grandson also

Infacol I used it for my kids and my daughter’s used it for their kids.

You have colic medication available in the pharmacy for kids, Plse check with the pharmacy depending where u live. Here is Montreal Quebec, we do have and it is efficient and alcohol free. U can rub skittle oil in his belly also. Just try give her food on time.

I had colic and would not stop crying my mom drove around to get me to sleep but didn’t work my dad wasnt much of a help… She put ear plugs in her ears had my dad wrap her and I in the blanket she put TV on we both sleep til noon

This is gong to sound crazy, but switching to the Playtex bottles cured the problem for us. Also, placing the baby on her left side really helped.

Going through this with my 2nd he’s a month old and he’s been so fussy. So I have been giving him gripe water gas drops and probiotic drops in his milk. I don’t want to jinx it but he’s been sleeping !

Get a pacifier and a rice heating pad or water one. After eating keep them on your shoulder and rub and pat back ti try and get as much gas out of belly. Wrap heating pad with receiving blanket and place on babys belly then swaddle. Use pacifier to let them suck it helps the belly ache. Lay them on their side pat and rub back to soothe.

White noise, I mean very loud, along with swaddling tight, sucking her passy, and swinging her back and fourth very exaggerated like! All this all at the same time in a darkish room helped when my daughter was little. Daddy and I took turns swinging her because the minute we stopped 1 thing the crying started again. This at least took her down to a dull roar till she fell asleep.

Wrap a baby blanket around the babys tummy and put the baby across your knees and gently bounce. Or along your forearm and swing it gently. No meds required just your time😁 all of my babies had colic

Please do everything possible before drugs are used.the bowels are a big problem for colicy babies.they get so bound up and haven’t the strength to void their bowels.

I never had to deal with it, but I know quite a few that did. I’ve heard massages work, silly things like running a vacuum cleaner and car rides. I sure hope somebody’s suggestions help you out.

Swaddling n rubbing the belly n there is stuff you can give them over the counter for gas that’s what ultimately helped my last child I have 5 n only one was colicky

I started putting just a teaspoon about in her bottles at 2 weeks. It helped my daughter

Our last son out of 4 screamed the first two years with colic we had to use medication because nothing else worked

Try a little peppermint dissolved into each nighttime bottle

1 Like

Fennel water helps tremendously and it’s not harmful

Peppermint extract or ginger in their formula, not much just a drop to a 4 ounce bottle. It will help break up gas bubbles to release pressure. Worked like a charm for both my girls.

What about one of those things that you put the baby in on there tummy and it either rocks or gently vibrates (sorry dont know what it is called) its been years since I had a baby so idk wut all these new gadget stuff is

Gas drops or hylands colic tablets and something that vibrates like a baby chair or massager.

Gas drops, nursing and taking their legs and slowly bending them and pushing them into their bellies to relive the gas

Nexium can only be used short term. I would turn my little one on her tummy over my legs. Helps some.

Theres certain bottles you can use to help that. And gripe water. It’s a reflux thing .

Rice bottle my daughter had gerd and was colic I gave her rice bottles and cryed with her…

See a chiropractor that specializes in infants!
It makes all the difference!!!

Call it doesn’t happen until two or three months old. This is something else. Go to the doctor. In the meantime you can switch to a sensitive tummy formula.

Grape water mixed in each bottle and dr brown bottles if you not breastfeeding

Gripe water you can get it at Walmart helped my daughter when she would get it

1 Like

I had to change formula… The best advice would talk to your doctor. That’s what I did…

I changed my babies formula to a soy based formula. That really helped.

8oz water put peppermint in and swirl . Peppermint like small piece of candy cane or the round mints. It’s old fashioned but it worked for all 8 of mine.

I put my kids on their back and did the bicycle motion with their legs (both legs doing the same movement at the same time, so both legs up and down at the same time) ensuring I was squishing their legs on their tummy every time.

Half of a Peppermint candy in his bottle. Peppermint cures colic

I used colic drops from chemist bit pricey 12 pound but really helped my wee grandaughter was ok in couple mths was awfulx

Ask the doctor if you can use gripe water! We used it that young.

Try grape water, gas drops. Just gotta keep trying different things

I also have given my kids 1oz of Coca-Cola is helps them burn faster and more

1 Like

Probiotics! the other stuff is just managing symptoms of tummy pain.

Peel an onion then slice in half and boil it in a pot of water. Take a small syringe and suction up the juice and squirt in mouth

Holding like a football with babies belly on your arm you use your hand to support the head and rub the back with your free hand obviously safest while sitting.

You drink chamomile tea then breast feed. Works every time

She’s only 2 weeks old…hang in there. It might be something else.

She had digestive issues. Change her formula or try and brest feed

Find you some catnip and mKe her some tea. It works.

Heat towel in a microwave (not too hot) put on child’s tummy it did work for my kids or a medicine called infacol this really worked!

Colic calm. Pricey but worth it.

Bounce her in your forearm she will stop crying

Change formula my son had to be on soy formula have you tried the colic drops

Probiotic once a day and “sensitive” formula for lactose sensitivity.

There are some chiropractors that manipulate the intestines to help move things around…

Time was our only remedy. I would also avoid cows milk formula or if your breast feeding avoid dairy.

And also don’t let him cry for to much to prevent gas from entering him

Research the Babocush pillow I think Amazon has it if you want to buy it

If you can find a candy cane(peppermint), have the baby suck on it for minute or so…

Is bottle fed or nursing

Babywearing with a moby

Have you massaged them? After being scrunched that long they have a few cricks

Chiropractor. I’ve known 3-4 people who swear by it.

3 Likes

Probiotics added to breast milk or formula make the world of difference for my son.

use the drops they have out for colic

If breast fed u can’t eat anything Spicy

My lil boy had colic an I got infacol an it worked good luck

I found that it was usually caused by excess gas; press baby’s lower abdomen (below their belly button) gently but firmly into your shoulder and they should just fart it out. Don’t do this after a feeding or you’ll get barf all down your back lol

Infant massage is wonderful to help.them get rid of the gas.

Poor baby. Colic is so painful

Gripe water did wonders for us ! I would highly recommend!

Peppermint water helped my kids

Check on reflux with your doc

1 Like