What can I give a congested two month old?

Things to give a congested 2.5 month old. I’m doing the humidifier at night, saline and suctioning his nose when he needs it, and been doing steam showers. Any other ideas or advice? Thank you

1 Like

At that age take them in! They can’t tell u what hurts often times at that age their sinuses give them ear infections

So tiny bit of Vicks vapo rub on the bottom of his feet and put socks on him.

What does the pediatrician say?

I second that call your doctor or the nurse hotline

My 3 month old grandson was so sick, went to the dr with all these symptoms, he had RSV and they had caught it in time, they gave him amoxicillin and breathing treatment machine to use at home!! I would take him in, when you can!!

Saline and suction…a lot. Plus the other things you’re doing. A 2mo should be seen probably for cold symptoms. They will also tell you what to watch for.

Don’t lie him flat tilt his cot matress a bit it helps it to run out and not don the throat

Could be viral could I was sick for 14 days around Christmas it was no joke soon as I thought I was better it hit me again with no energy, sore throat, headache and a cough mucus can be dangerous for the baby especially cuz they can’t have medicines really! Call the nurse hotline take the baby in xoxo!

A small amount of Coke or Pepsi. Caffeine is a great decongestant and far safer than decongestant products. Menthol is also good if you put it on a cloth or pillowcase.

1 Like