What can I give my daughter for the flu and strep?

Moms please help!! My 10 yr old daughter has the flu and strep throat. We can’t get her medicine until tomorrow afternoon. What can I use now to help her? I feel so bad for her

15 Likes

I’ve been taking Tylenol for exactly this… 3 times a day. Hope she feels better. I took nyquil and it just kept me up all night

Make her gargle warm salt water 2-3 times a day I had it 2 weeks ago and needed to gargle salt water and plus needed antibiotics. Hope she feels better

2 Likes

Gargle with warm salt water

Needs a antibiotics for strep.

Hot honey water
Garlic oil for the ears
Steam showers
Neti pot

1 Like

Tylenol or Motrin and dimatapp

Alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours.

1 Like

Ib profen helps with the throat pain

I always get antibiotics especially for strep

3 Likes

Make a lemon ginger and honey tea

2 Likes

Vicks on the bottoms of her feet with socks helps the coughing as well as above said

1 Like

Cola, aniseed sweets, hot lemon drinks with Manuka honey in. Acetaminophen. Also ice pops are great as the ice numbs the throat.

An appointment with your doctor

2 Likes

Hot jello water and don’t chill. It will coat the throat and soothe.

1 Like

Get her medicine transferred to a 24 hours pharmacy and get it to her tonight if you can. Xo

1 Like

Alternate acetaminophen (tylenol) and ibuprofen (motrin/advil) to keep her more comfortable and ti keep fever at bay. Make sure she drinks alot of liquids. Sugar free Popsicles are also very helpful to hydrate.

4 Likes

Some honey in a dish and use a spoon and just eat it like that… Popsicles help too

3 Likes

Strep cannot wait. Obviously a rapid strep test clinic would have give a script for PCN or Emycin. Flu is pneumonia. Go to ER or Clinic. Some parents need to study up.

1 Like

Hot tea with honey… Tylenol and ibuprofen… I would suggest the banana rice apple sauce toast brat diet for the flu part possible some Pepto

Honey. Pineapple juice of she has a cough

3 Likes

Make jello water and let her sip it

2 Likes

You can alternate Tylenol and Motrin, every 4 hours until you’re able to pick up her medication from the pharmacy.

2 Likes

For her throat, HONEY. Honey is a natural antibiotic. Cut and orange in half, sprinkle some salt on top and microwave for 20-30 seconds squeeze juice and take. Ibuprofen for aches. And SLEEP.

2 Likes

Hot tea with honey in it , acetaminophen if you have some

4 Likes

the prescribed medicine is the only thing that will work so….

1 Like

Gargle salt water for sore throat. And I know it sounds odd but crush up some garlic and put on bottom of her feet and put socks on her and keep them on overnight…. The garlic pulls out some of the toxins in the body. Also peppermint tea could help settle her tummy.

3 Likes

Gargle warm salt water, DayQuil and Tylenol!

2 Likes

Honey and lemon in hot water for throat. Maybe Theraflu (check age)

2 Likes

My daughter is fighting the same thing at this very moment. You can give her motrin or Tylenol.
My daughter’s fever was a bit crazy and her throat hurt so bad,so I was doing 4 hour intervals of motrin and tylenol. She’s not big on hot teas and a bit picky, she said hot cocoa. Soothed her throat and it got a few calories in her.
Lots of water, a comfy kitty bed on the couch and some movies.

My daughter has also been sick since last Wednesday. Was tested on Saturday for strep and flu, positive to both. She’s been on antibiotics since saturday. Her throat is better, but she’s still feeling terrible.

2 Likes

Marshmallows help with sore throats in between doses.

https://recipes.marocdns.com/banana-honey-and-water-mix-a-natural-remedy-to-relieve-cough-and-bronchitis/

Strep throat definitely doctors and gargle with salt water.

Children’s tylenol&Motrin tx symptoms only.

When my boyfriend is sick he swears by this tea I guess you could call it that his dad used to make. I boil water in a pot and add ginger, lemon juice, garlic and honey. I strain it and serve warm

1 Like

Tylenol/Motrin and gargle with salt water

Hope she gets better quickly!

(I know I’m late, but….)

I would always request this shot when I got strep as a kid. I would start to feel a difference within hours and the next morning that pain would be gone. I don’t remember the name of it but whenever my son gets it, he’d rather receive that than taking medicine for 10 days.

Otherwise ibuprofen and Tylenol would help. Popsicles/freeze pops are a good option for soothing as well.

Strep is awful poor thing. Popsicles really helped me