What can I give my newborn for gas?

How can I deal with new born gas’s I want to make it easy for her what can I give her she is 2 weeks old we have a hard time last night as well

5 Likes

Give her Gripe water, it will help with the gas

Gas drops I had to use them on my baby and they work wonders! Also there’s a windi from baby frida that may help as well!

My mom gave my brother. 60 yrs ago put peppermint lifesaver in a .small Bottle of warm water. Worked for him.

3 Likes

Peppermint and sugar water

1 Like

Plain water about 1-2 oz worked for my son when he was a newborn

1 Like

gripe water is a life saver! .

How about a warm cloth on tummy?

Dissolve a peppermint candy into some water or buy peppermint oil and add a little to some warm water

1 Like

Mylacon!!! Its safe and effective.

After 2 weeks try gripe water. Mommy bliss brand

Massage tummy (gently) counter clockwise
Leg exercises

What does the pediatrician suggest?

Alcohol free gripe water and a nice little tummy rub
You could also bicycle their legs to help sooth them. Best of luck

14 Likes

Old fashioned remedies from grandparents that have been tried and truly work, have used on my kids who are now in there 20’s and now have used on my granddaughter 1oz sprite to 1 Oz water, helps get gas bubble and also eases tummy

1 Like

Infacol worked for my boy, better then the gripe water

Warm bath and bicycle legs and baby massage helps to move the wind so that it can come out. Try stopping and winding more times throughout the feed as well stops them guzzling so quick and it sitting there. If bottle feeding change of bottle poss

I always gave gripe water up until 1 month old I just dipped dummy in it. Dentinox is also suitable fron birth

Peppermint candy in warm water

2 Likes

A chiropractor adjustment helps a lot too

At two weeks old you are pretty limited on what you can SAFELY give to babe. Our pediatrician recommended bicycle kicks, gentle belly massages, and warm baths. Something that really worked for my daughter was gently holding her thighs and bringing her knees to her belly, holding them there for 10 seconds and releasing. We did end up switching to a sensitive formula to help with her gas.

Mam bottles … enfamil gentlease and colic calm

Oval is what I gave my little dude, every formula I gave him made him super gassy - ended up swapping to enfamil low iron powder + baby breeza - never had a hitch after.

Gas drops my daughter has a two week old he takes gas drops

Peppermint tea with baby water.

Mylicon gas drops. We still use them for my 18 month old and they work super fast.
You can also use a Frida Windi, but make sure you use it over a diaper lol. And bicycle kicks/gentle tummy massage can help, too.

If you’re using formula, you should try a gentle one (we started on Similac and ended up switching to Enfamil Gentlease; it made a big difference). If you’re breastfeeding, you may need to change your own diet for awhile.

We changed to dr browns bottles, Enfamil gentlease formula ( if formula feeding) and ovol gas drops! All helped a lot!

I used to SWEAR by gripe water… That was 13yrs ago almost now tho so may be other options!

1 Like

I had to cut soy and dairy from my diet.

2 Likes

I would ask your pediatrician, especially since your baby is only two weeks old.

1 Like

There are specialized bottles you can get specifically for gassy infants, and gripe water helps too! I had to use these things for my preemie son when he was an infant

Myacon for babies Walmart.gas medicine.or grape water.wslmsrt for gas.

If breastfeeding… watch what you’re eating. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Try on light formula. Made specifically for Lil ones.

Milicon drops but not sure age consult doctor also a lot of iron will give them gas I had to switch to Similac with low iron for my son when he was a baby. Good Luck

1 Like

Fredia windis u massage their belly and put it in they are a life saver instant relief and no medications needed. U can get them at target

Call your pediatrician or local chiropractor that specializes in baby movement

Is she nursing or cow’s milk? No cow’s milk messing up her gut awwww sweet baby

honestly tummy to tummy. skin on skin is very healing for babies, theirs hormones that come into play, and the gentle pressure on her tummy will help as well.
my son had gas issues, this helped a lot. he also had to have physical therapy for wry neck, and his pt rotated his legs in a certain way. rubbed gentle circles over abdomen moving gasses along faster.
I’d say start with skin to skin tummy on tummy, and call your babies dr to ask about these techniques. she could show you how to do them. please don’t attempt to do these until you’ve been shown, as my explanation is not the greatest.

Massage and raising legs help. Roll from side to side during massage. Might get relief if not ask pediatrician

1 Like

Warm bath, Knees pushed Lightly up towards tummy check w/ Dr to see if formula is ok. Unless your Breast feeding is due to your intake.

Gripe water is only thing without talking to dr first

1 Like

Gently push her legs up to her tummy

You need to ask the pediatrician. You can just call without going in.

1 Like

Nothing. Do not give water, Soda or anything to a newborn baby… please.