What can I take for a cold while pregnant?

Hello mommies so I read that your not suppose to drink certain teas. I’m 33 weeks with a bad cold my throat and nose is killing me :disappointed:. What kinda of tea can I have that will sooth my throat that I can also add honey to. Thank you !

5 Likes

I just drank hot water with lemon and honey added.

2 Likes

You just gotta avoid certain herbal teas. But green, earl grey, english breakfast, etc are good.

1 Like

Peppermint tea apparently is good

1 Like

I drank hot green tea

I got the honey citrus mint tea at Starbucks when I got a cold during this pregnancy.

I use to drink warm jello for the throat I still do it for my.kids make ur jello and drink it before putting it in the fridge

I’m learning so much now that I’m done having babies. No lunch meat certain teas. Things I never knew. Glad my kids are all ok and grown.

3 Likes

Hmm… never heard that one. I drank tea and water… my children are now 30 and 28… but what do I know.

Starbucks medicine ball/cold buster! Secret Starbucks drink, I get it every time I get a cold and it helps so much!

You can drink decaffeinated tea

We didn’t have all those choices back in the day!! Lol. Tea was tea🤣

1 Like

Hot water, lemon and honey!!!

3 Likes

Black tea is fine as long as you haven’t drank that much caffeine that day.
Just look up teas you can drink third trimester. The restrictions are stricter first trimester so it should be a pretty long list for you.

Ginger, turmeric, lemon and honey. Best natural remedy and tastes delicious

1 Like

Licorice root can cause preterm labor. I just googled the ingredients when I was in my second trimester and looking for tea.

Ginger and honey tea is safe. Ginger also helps with nausea. But i had a cold twice during my last pregnancy. (Baby is 4 months and 1 day) ginger and honey tea helped a lot. My old coworkers were always sick and coming by my area getting me sick.:roll_eyes:

Hot water, lemon, honey, and ginger.

Decaf lemon ginger or green tea.

Green mint tea is good, helps me not get sick, but cinnamon with honey and lime is good

Ginger tea is great…just grate some ginger about a teaspoon and then pour boiling water on it and add your teabag then stir and sieve the ginger out and u can also add honey

Chamomile tea with lemon and honey helped me alot

There is a yea called Throat Coat that works wonders! I had a sinus infection a few weeks ago it saved my friggin life!

Organic red raspberry leaf tea

I only got told no green tea, something about foliate absorbtion.

I always drank lemon and honey :woman_shrugging:

Ginger tea with lemon and honey. Also aloe vera juice helps with the throat inflammation. It’s also great for heartburn

Ginger and lemon is one of my fav when I’m sick

I was told by both my boys obgyn my normal sweet lipton black tea was fine to drink but since it had the caffeine in it to limit it to only a few cups a day and make sure when you drink it you increase your water. When I was sick I would make it hot and sometimes add a splash of honey and lemon juice.