What can I take for a UTI?

What is something over the counter that I can take for a UTI? I’m in pain

4 Likes

Cranberrie juice, and cranberrie pills can get at a Walmart or any drugstore! Always worked for my mom!

1 Like

Do not use AZO! it masks the symptoms doesn’t fix them. My mom took AZO for a UTI and ended up in the hospital with septic shock and almost died!

AZO, get all three, they will help. I only use AZO and it cures uti for me, even though doctors and pharmacist says not.

Baking soda and warm water will only reduce acidity but if you have infection which causes pain uoh need dr

UriCalm (Walmart)works wonders. AZO (Target & Walmart) works well to relieve the pain and discomfort until you can get antibiotics. You can find these products in the women’s health section usually with period products. Just because pain is relieved DOES NOT mean infection is gone. Both are readily available even in some grocery stores. Drink cranberry juice (not the mixed juices like cran-grape, just plain cranberry, it makes a difference) lots of water too. The fuller your bladder the more comfortable you will be until you pee it and starts over.:confused: As a former chronic sufferer I feel your pain and i hope you get relief asap. Get antibiotics asap and finish them all. These left untreated or not finishing antibiotics can cause an infection that progresses into a kidney infection, and trust me that is not fun!!
Medications (some forms of birth control such as IUD’s can cause UTI’s. Infrequent or not cleansing before sex (he needs to cleanse not you because he can introduce bacteria to your body). It took some of the spontaneity out it but it’s better than getting UTIs within an hour of sex for me.
FYI: I don’t know your age but later in life I found I had same symptoms but no bacteria present. I had a spasmodic bladder that mocked the symptoms. I was placed on Oxybutin when I experienced symptoms but had no bacteria present in urine test. Feel better soon.

You can search up Uti antibiotics and when GoodRx pops up you can make an act and do a virtual visit with a doctor and get antibiotics sent in to a local pharmacy. I had to do this out of town on Thanksgiving, very thankful it exists!

Azo also makes a cranberry pill if you don’t like the juice.

1 Like

Ibuprofen works for me till I can get antibiotics.

Used to have chronic UTIs when on birth control and used these to alleviate the pain while taking cranberry capsules. No sugar added cranberry juice can also help get rid of it but make sure to look at the ingredients so there’s no added sugar! That will only help cultivate the bacteria in your urine. That combo helped me so many times there was only once that it didn’t and had to go to ER for

1 Like

If you know forsure that you have a UTI. You are going to have to get a antibiotic.It is serious. You could end up in the hospital.

Apparently you can go to the pharmacist now and tell them you’re symptoms and they will prescribe you something

1 Like

AZO standard. Any pharmacy will have it usually.

4 Likes

Don’t forget lots of water and avoid any sugar

Cranberry and AZO,but it doesn’t work for everyone your doctor can call in something that coats your bladder

2 Likes

I use this and drink cranberry juice usually feel better in a day or 2

1 Like

Your safest bet is loadsss of water and cranberry juice. More water though to flush you out.

AZO & Cranberry juice (without sugar, not cranberry cocktail) can help to relieve discomfort. But neither will treat the infection. You need prescription antibiotics to clear up a UTI before it gets worse. If your ureters and kidneys get involved you could end up hospitalized or worse. See a doctor ASAP.

Ural sachets and cranberry juice