What can I take for the flu while pregnnat?

Hi everyone, I am currently 24weeks pregnant and I’ve got flu. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: I feel horrible, my head feels supper huge and mu nose and throat is killing me, plus I don’t even have the energy to get up for work in the mornings. What can I use, not just for the flu but the for the lack of energy… ??? 🤷

12 Likes

Sleep. Just sleep as much as you can. I had the flu during the birth of my second son. It was horrible. But I think sleep will be your best friend. Don’t push yourself. Let your body recover, it’s doing enough as is.

2 Likes

Sambucol and osciscillinum

1 Like

Tons of water and tylenol product. Hope you feel better soon!

Juice plus helps a lot!

Rest is best and plenty of fluids

Elderberry syrup, vitamin a and d,

1 Like

Chicken and veggie soup and alot of rest! Hope you feel better soon :grin:

1 Like

Airmune & ACC 200. Helps for both

You need to check with a Dr to see what you can take that won’t hurt the baby.

2 Likes

Elderberry, liquid iv (powder u put in water), diffuser n sleep!

go to the doctor don’t use anything unless he tells you to

1 Like

Is it a dr confirmed flu? Or a cold?

1 Like

Vitamins!!! B and C!!!

1 Like

My doctor told me tamiflu, cold and flu, and Tylenol will help with the flu. Been there a couple of months ago. But get as much rest as you can and stay hydrated.

I couldn’t take tamiflu but I caught after the given time frame for it. My doctor told me Tylenol for the body aches, Robitussin and Benadryl. However, each person is different so confirming with a doctor is better than basing it off what we could use. If the flu was confirmed I’d call and ask, if not then I’d take a trip in to get seen.

You need to rest. Why would you be going to work with the flu, stay home it’s best for you and others you work around.

2 Likes

I’m going through the EXACT same thing. Lemon water through out the day and sunlight has helped a little. I just try to do everything in short burst. Rest often. With you working I can imagine it’s even harder :frowning: the lemon water has made a huge difference though, make sure you’re taking your vitamins

Natural foods high in vitamin B12 & C

Probably could’ve used a flu shot, but it seems a little pointless now.

1 Like

Since your pregnant don’t do or take any medication until you see a Doctor. You definitely need to see a Doctor to make sure the flu is not affecting the fetus.

2 Likes

Organic honey is a natural antibiotic. It worked for me in two days.

Prayers you feel better

Vitamin C & Zinc fluids like citrus, sprite, I used a lot of vicks vapor rub. Rest… Sorry it’s miserable being pregnant.

2 cups tang
1 cup instant tea
1 cup of sugar*
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

This is the basic recipe. It can be modified depending on who/what you’re taking it for. We keep this tea concoction made and drink for congestion, sore throat, chest tightness, etc. Add more cayenne and you can sweat a fever faster.

*You can always sweeten to taste with either sugar or honey

ask your doctor about vitamin d

Go to the doctor. You’re limited as to what you can take. It’s safe to get a medicine that’s perscibed that your able to take while pregnant. Also… You shouldn’t be going to work while having the flu. So go to the doctor and get a note. More than likely you’ll be out for 4-5 days. Don’t risk getting other people sick.

1 Like

I had to yell at my doctor to get me something strong enough to take care of my illness because I couldn’t sleep and was delirious after 3 days! Hope you feel better soon. :purple_heart:

Elderberry is amazing and all natural.

Doc and some warm tea or coffee can help with throat pain

Go see your doctor for a note for work. Also, liquify some jet puffed (marshmallow creme) and drink it little bits a time to coat the throat. Steam for the congestion. Tea with honey. Lots of soup.