What can I told for a cold while pregnant?

Need advise im 40 and 3 days. I have a 3 year old who was sick with a cold and has passed it to me. So now my chest is tight it hurts to cough and im super emotional that im going to get our newborn sick when she arrives. What do i do?

1 Like

Breastfeed. Your immunities are transferred to your new born. Also, see a doctor, you might actually need antibiotics

6 Likes

Go get antibiotics to clear it up before she comes

1 Like

I swear by Hot tea with Honey…also call Doctor

1 Like

Talk to your OB and Pediatrician.

1 Like

Agree - BREASTFEEDING. I had the flu and my babe was fine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agree with the breastfeeding. I just had a baby 2 weeks ago n i was so sick n i just breastfed her n she didn’t get it. Im still not completely over it but shes doing just fine

1 Like

I was told breastfeeding helps, but the baby will still have antibodies from you. I had the flu when I had my first daughter, breastfed and she was fine. With my second daughter I went into labor while my oldest was in ICU for RSV & her heart condition. I didn’t breastfeed with her so I was worried she would catch it from my oldest daughter & husband being between hospitals seeing us. I asked the doctors and they told me she still had antibodies from me that will keep her from getting sick.

1 Like