What can I use to prevent mosquitos?

The mosquitoes are so bad near our house this year and they’re eating my kiddos alive every time they step outside. What can I use to help? Their dr said no bug spray since they’re 3 and under.

8 Likes

Mexican vanilla in a spray bottle. Works like a charm!

1 Like

Pure vanilla extract, rub it all over. Also lemon juice or lemon scented lotion works great

1 Like

We have them bad where we are too, you cannot be outside the first couple months of spring it’s that bad.
Only thing that saved us this year was using thermacell machines. Worth every dollar!

The Johnsons aloe baby creamy oil

My daughter runbs dryer sheets on her kids

1 Like

They sell mosquito disc’s you can put in any water near your house (gutters, puddles ect) that kill the larvae. Also mosquitoes hate bubbles.

2 Likes

Tea tree oil from dollar tree

1 Like

Mix 10 drops citronella oil, 10 drops alcohol, and 90ml water and pour into a spray bottle.

We planted a lot of lemongrass around our deck. Supposed to be a mosquito repellant especially when you crush some of the leaves. I can say we had a good summer with mosquitos. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Make sure there’s no standing water anywhere around. If it can’t be avoided, throw in some mosquito dunks. Screen in porches. Maybe get some beekeeping netted hats in the smallest sizes? I spray outdoor fences, furniture chairs with DEET spray, use natural oil-based sprays on people.

1 Like

Look up essential oils and plants as some plants repell mosquito’s and you can always put it on their clothing just not the skin.

Avon skin so soft, diluted a little.

1 Like

Vicks vapor rub works like a dream

2 Likes

Little bit of lemongrass and peppermint oil and lavender oil. Mix with some oil like coconut oil in a bottle and spray on baby. I usually try to spray on cloth rather than skin. Make sure baby doesn’t have allergies to the oils

Mix in a spray bottle together half bottle of detail disenfection and half a bottle baby oil. Works well and oil is good for the skin as well

I have a lemongrass spray that helps with my littles

12 ounces of flat beer, equal amounts of epsom salts and blue mouthwash. Mix up and spray on yard, doors, shrubs, really works. Easy to double. I used Hamm’s beer😁

1 Like

Skin so soft oil from avon

1 Like

Tea tree oil diluted in a water bottle spray. Also find out where they’re coming from and try to remove the source - stagnant water is usually the main culprit.

I saw a hack that was a bar of Irish spring soap hanging in a netted bag and there were no bugs in the vicinity! It worked miracles for us shockingly.