What causes a lack of intimacy in a marriage?

Is anyone else here married and the marriage lacks emotional intimacy for one reason or another? What’s caused it for you?

16 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes a lack of intimacy in a marriage? - Mamas Uncut

Stress
Attitude
Schedule
Kids
Mind set
Diet

9 Likes

Have you tried flirting with your spouse, its a good place to start.

5 Likes

Talk and communicate with your partner…. There are so many possibilities :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Being married to a narcissist…well in my case at least. If your a reader grab a copy of Insecure in Love, it goes of some pretty serious blocks to emotional intimacy. I’m be struggled with this subject my whole life and this book really helped.

8 Likes

Picking FB over hanging with spouse and seeing where it goes - :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Taking the chemo pill. We just got a new septic system and it says that anyone taking chemo or chemo pills should not urinate in the toilet. The pills cause eat up the microorganisms. Not even having this poison in my body.

Asking fb instead of your partner whose your married to​:woozy_face::woozy_face:

6 Likes

Meds
Meds can change everything

2 Likes

Time. Monotony…same shit every single day. Routine is good but habits generally aren’t. Change things up again, flirt, go out on dates…get to know each other again. What you liked 5 yrs ago might be something that completely turns you off now…same goes for him, and I don’t mean just in the bedroom. Relationships need to be fed and watered or they die

Right now we i have a number of reasons against us.

1 Like

Kids…arguing…growing apart…cheating…no communication

3 Likes

Women need to feel safe, secure, and loved in order to be intimate.

10 Likes

Men need to feel wanted. Women need to feel secure.

5 Likes

Why are y’all kids getting married before thinking these things through? Kids marrying kids :woman_facepalming:t2:

Our constant arguing. Who wants to be intimate with someone who’s not nice

3 Likes

His emotional disconnect and lack of competency. Its like I have 5 kids instead of 4

1 Like

Illness, anxiety, stress, a lot of fights , tiredness, finances, lack of confidence… to name a few

-Disrespect
-Comfortability (thinking you can do, say and act however you please because they’ll never leave you)
-Finances
-Laziness
-Social media
-Finances …
:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Depression ,over tired. Routine habits of just daily life. Does not mean there is no love however you should make it special and try

Medication such as birth control and antidepressants

1 Like

Not focusing my attention on my husband and his needs. When you make someone feel appreciated, they will reciprocate those feelings. When you invest your time and emotions into someone, (as long as they reciprocate those feelings) everything seems to fall into place.

Depending on age it could be a lot of different things.

Cheating, illness, medication, depression, stress, exhaustion, etc

We just lost a baby before that he is always on social media so idk we shall see

Not making an effort to create intimacy, if you want it you need to make it happen.

You have gotten comfortable talk to your spouse.

Menopause for some women