What causes false positives?

anyone have similar situations?

I had my IUD removed on may 14 I had has sex in the days prior and some following. I had a period from june 12-16 then stopped for a week and started another period from june 23-25. I started having symptoms of nausea and cramping and went to the dr for a test. I peed and they said Pregnant. they did blood work and then said the level is a 1 and theres no way im pregnant. im relieved honestly BUT I just wanna know if anyone experienced a false positive and if they know what caused it.

1 Like

Sometimes a uti will cause a false positive though I’ve never experienced it myself

Sounds like what they call a Missed Miscarriage. Look it up. I had something very similar happen. My test was positive but when they went for an ultrasound, there was nothing.

1 Like

Sounds like you were pregnant but you are experiencing a miscarriage I would ask to get an ultrasound done to make sure that you pass everything on your own otherwise you can catch an infection. Although you may get a false positive if you have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

1 Like