What causes irregular periods?

I haven’t got my period since November 2018 and it was very heavy then stopped and it hasn’t came back, there’s no way I could be pregnant I haven’t been sexually active for 2 years. I have a dr appt coming up. Just wondering if any of you ladies have had the same problem?? And what it could possible be?

4 Likes

Could be ovarian cysts. I completely skipped August 2018, took multiple home pregnancy tests, went to the doctor for blood tests. All were negative so she sent me for an ultrasound & that’s when they found the cysts on my ovaries. Additional bloodwork showed I had elevated testosterone levels. She didn’t want to say it was an official PCOS diagnosis because my period returned in September with a vengeance.

I had that problem for 3 mo and it turned out my thyroid was waaaay out of wack. Make sure to have that checked it messes with so many things in your body

2 Likes

My periods were never normal. Nothing was wrong, just never got one. Been that way for 13 years.

You may have a hormonal imbalance. It’s very common but a pain in the :peach:

I’m 26 and it’s very rare that I get periods! I’ve gone 1 1/2 years without one before! The drs didnt find anything wrong and told me that I could more than likely still have babies. Now 5 yrs later I have a 4 year old and a 1 yr old and still have irregular periods! Keep the appt mama just to be sure but it can be normal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m 38 and I haven’t had a period in 3 years :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I have not had a period since October 3rd 2018…I have an appointment soon with OB but I too am perplexed. I’m not pregnant, as I’ve been with a women for the last 5 years up until two months ago. My boyfriend is not worried and neither am I. Just hoping I’m going through the change. If so I am lucky, as I did not start my period until I was 21, and going through the change would mean I got to suffer through PMS a lot less frequently than most :thinking:

1 Like

Stress? Depends on how old you are and if you were regular to begin with.

Could be your age might have something to do with it. Mine stopped for 11months and when my daughter started her period I had one too. That was the last one for me . I was 43 years old.

Could be PCOS. Could be hormone levels are off. Could even be menopause ( even if you’re young).

Cysts , how is it not possible for u to be pregnant :thinking:

Pcos maybe
I was diagnosed and devastated. But somehow I’m the 1% who got pregnant a few months letter. Anyways that’s how I was, I had my menstrual cycle one month then the next it just stopped.

I’m 31 and didn’t have one for almost 9 months and then one day it just decided to come back and I never had are irregular periods always on time unless I was pregnant. And I wasn’t. It was very strange I never did find out why, now it’s back and regular like it has always been. 🤷

Please just see it Dr .so many people
Have so many different symtoms!!just :raised_hand: chances it is nothing!!

Update: OP is 23 years old.

-Krista✨

1 Like

I did the same. I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian syndrome

Could be PCOS, I’m 24 and haven’t had a period in over a year.

I’m 22 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 21

When I was a junior in high school, I didn’t have a period for 5 months and I was still a virgin then.

It could probably be stress.

Mine used to skip months occasionally I’d get them every 2-3 months and they’d be what my doctor called double periods. And it would give me actual contractions instead of cramps. Lol that’s how I ended up not finding out I was pregnant until I was 8.5 weeks along. Stress can also delay periods.

I went 3 yrs without a period.andall of a sudden it came back…and i didnt have sex at that time.my hubby has ED.so we couldnt have sex…