What causes late periods but negative tests?

Stress, hormone imbalance

Stress can do it too

I had negative test with my daughter

There are so man reasons for not getting your peruod like hormone imbalance, thyroid issues, stress, weight los or weight gain, PCOS, endometriosis, poor diet etc. If you are still concerned your pregnant do a blood test Xx

If you’ve had the C19 jab, it can send the first after the jab a bit wonky. It did with me anyway. Back to normal by following month.

The covid shot is screwing with women’s cycles? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve not had 1 since May. All bloods coming back normal

Lots of possible causes for a late cycle, other than pregnancy. Stress. Inflammation. Hormonal imbalance. Blighted ovum. If you’re concerned, schedule an appointment with you OBGYN.

1 Like

I had a few negative tests after a missed period. I felt horrible, period like cramping, boobs were in so much pain etc and finally i tested again and it came back positive. I was shocked went to the dr. and found out we were about 8 weeks by that point. So if in doubt see your doctor

Yup. Go to the dr for a more accurate tests. My breasts hurt soooo badly. Dr. Office tests were coming back negative. Then, home test was positive. Went to OB dr and it was positive. I was 5 weeks

Stress, diet changes (eating less or more than usual) can cause late/missed periods x

Cut back your caffiene to stop the pain and swelling in your breasts. My period comes the week after they hurt and swell usually. Maybe have your thyroid checked but stress and other things can affect you as well. I would consult your doctor though just to make sure nothings going on.

My period was 17 days late with negative at home tests. I went in and had a blood test done and it was positive

Stress…Ectopic pregnancy—where baby implants in your tubes and not in your uterus could do it. A few things really.

Check with Dr. That happened to me when i had hormonal imbalance and ovarian cyst.

Over than my overactive thyroid causing a hormonal imbalance stress is also a factor in also causing late periods and my boobs hurting and my weight fluctuating

Look at pcos. Ask your doctor to look at your hormones. That changes everything

Get a blood test. Urine tests are unreliable

Take clear blue test.

Stress can absolutely mess with your cycle!

3 Likes

I had ovarian cysts and was super late on my period after they ruptured I got it but damn it hurt lol

I get those and it’s just pcos messing with my mind.

1 Like

Your lucky I don’t normally have a period at all for months n months then boom out of the blue there it is.

Stress but go to the doctor it may be too early

Stress, and sometimes your body takes a bit to release enough HCG for pee tests to read it. That’s why they want you to do it in the morning when it’s had all night to collect

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-causes-late-periods-but-negative-tests/12199

Literally anything that relates to being a woman. Lol

Could be tubular pregnancy check your blood

Stress is normally why for me. Pregnancy is possible but a simple blood test will be the sure fire way to find out.

Hormone changes that don’t include a pregnancy. Weight gain can cause late or irregular cycles.

Stress can cause symptoms like that as well as hormones being wonky.

Stress, hormones, perimenopause, false negative? Not sure check with your doctor.

Stress is pretty common for periods to be late.

Could be stress but also it could be you are pregnant, and just not far along enough for it to show on a test. I’d wait another week or so and maybe do another test!

Stress can cause this to happen

Really it could be anything but with sore boobs as well…id test again

I had 3 negative tests. 7 months later I was holding a beautiful baby girl.

Get your thyroid levels checked

I just went in and had a blood draw. I was pregnant. Super faint line on the pee test that wasn’t noticeable.

3 Likes

Yes you could still be pregnant. I’d go to the dr for more accurate testing… Also could be stress or abnormal cells

I kind of scrolled through the comments and didn’t see but the first two months after my :syringe: vaccine my periods changed and were horrible. They are back on track now but it could be an endless amount of things. Could be as silly as syncing up with a coworker or bestie to stress and environment to something more serious. If you’re truly concerned about the changes I would book an appointment with your doctor.

That happened to me recently!
Many factors could contribute to it, née medicines, stress, and pregnancy. If it keeps happening please go to the doctor to get checked just to make sure you are okay!

Go to the doctor and get officially diagnosed. At home tests can often be faulty.

You could have ovulated later in your cycle. When you ovulate late, it pushes your period back as well.

Have you had sex? Our answers are the same.

Whenever my period is late I start stressing that it’s a pregnancy scare, then I end up getting my period super late. Tender breasts are also a sign you’re about to get your period so my suggestion would be just try not to stress it and have the understanding it’ll come when it comes. If you skip it for a whole month then I would go to the doctor.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-causes-late-periods-but-negative-tests/16449

Stress and change in your diet. Or could be something medical. If you don’t get it soon make a dr apt

You may not think you’re stressed but your unconscious may be feeling it, so your body feels it. Also diet.

My doctor told me it was because I had the covid-19 vaccine. Now 2 weeks late, and negative tests. -UK

1 Like

Stress can cause late periods… mine can be upto 2 weeks late sometimes… if it doesn’t come within a week or so and still negative tests go to your doctors xx

Thinking you’re pregnant is the stress

5 Likes

I’m currently 8 days late and just got over covid. Negative tests as well. Not stressed about pregnancy because im used to the negative tests. Not sure if covid has messed with my cycle or not because its usually pretty spot on for each month. Just waiting it out :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Stressing about why it hasn’t come. Also, I was taking a no estrogen birth control and every couple months I’d completely miss a period. My doctor said it wasn’t uncommon with that birth control. (Obviously I switched because I was tired of freaking out every couple months!)

Hypothyroidism did it for me.

Stress, weight, PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid issues, sleep, vaccines, hormonal changes, medications, birth control, COVID, etc.

There’s tons of things that can change it

Idk. I was like thatblast month (9 days late). Got my period though, but yeah idk. Honestly can be a lot of reasons. I was getting sick so that’s probably my reasoning.

Have you gotten the covid vaccine or booster recently?

2 Likes

Lots and lots of things can cause a delay in your period

1 Like

Have you had Covid recently ? I ask because I’ve had it twice & it’s affected my period both times :woman_facepalming:t2:

Could be testing to early, with my last baby I didn’t get a positive test until almost 10 days after missed period. Stress can be a huge factor in late periods as well!

Did you get the vaccine recently? Serious question because it HAS been affecting women’s cycles.

4 Likes

Honestly so many things can mess with your period from stress to a hormone thing. I feel like you could sneeze wrong and your period could be affected

1 Like

Covid vaccine. I would also get a blood test as some pregnancies just don’t show up on a urine one. It could also be that you were pregnant and you’re not anymore :cry:

PCOS I have it , was 8 days late last month and neg test then got them.

Stress, not eating well, crash diets, exercising like crazy.

it depends on your age or health…some women have that problem because it is the start of what you call menopause. Some women go through menopause at a young age. I hear 30 or younger #NoOffense. Some women have periods in between months. My sister didn’t have period for a year #justsaying Some have it every two or three months.

Covid vaccine - my second shot made me 9 days late

1 Like

Sometimes you don’t ovulate. Lack of ovulation delays the cycle.

I am in the same position as you and wondering whats going on too. I am never late and I am 5 days late and no sign thats its even starting

I was 51 days late and kept testing negative until today that I got my period. Bodies have a mind of their own I read to wait 3 months before you should go to a doctor.

Could be to early or something medical go get blood work done or wait a few days and take another one

I’m right there too 9 days late 2 neg tests. Husband had a vasectomy almost 10 years ago… im 35 with 4 kids so maybe stress

Have you had the cvd19 jab recently? There’s been a lot of reports of cycle interference and infertility.

1 Like

Get your thyroid checked.Years ago my period was late, i was always regular…so being late meant PG to me.I went to the dr and took a test that cane back negative but during the exam she said my neck.had a goider in it and I needed to have my thyroid checked.Turned out i had graves disease and hypothyroidism…get your thyroid checked.

I was just 18 days late. Wasn’t stressed, no covid vaccine, etc. Periods change sometimes. Inused to always get it in the middle of the month. Then itnchanged to the beginning of the month and now it’s at the end of the month.

An infection, lack of sleep, poor diet etc. Any number of things can cause it. If you don’t start soon, go see a doctor.

When this happened to me it was my thyroid. Might be worth it to check it out

Do you have any new friends or been hanging out with a female more often? The hormones will make you sync with the women around you.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes late periods but negative tests? - Mamas Uncut

Anything can… Go to the dr.

Could be thyroid or PCOS

1 Like

Hormones , stress, anxiety etc

5 Likes

So many things can cause a missed period other than pregnancy. Dietary changes, weight loss, stress…so many harmless reasons. Just relax and give it a few more days.

1 Like

Stress, diet so many things can cause your cycle to change but I will say with my last pregnancy I had taken so many test and they all came back negative and once I was able to get an appointment with my doctor I found out I was almost 11 weeks pregnant. I had all the symptoms but none of the test results came back positive.

Stress can cause your periods to become late or irregular

Sometimes late periods just happen. I have PCOS (not saying you do) and I’ll sometimes go two or three months without one. It may just be stress or too early to test. I’d wait another week and test again. Please see your doctor. Goodluck!

1 Like

My daughter took 6 months to show on a urine test. Go to the doctor and get a blood test they tell way sooner than urine, almost immediate almost.

Hormones. Stress. Happened to me a few times.

1 Like

That happened to me and then the next month my period was late again and I was pregnant. Still am pregnant.

Stress can make your period late. You can tell your self your pregnant and you can make your period late.

Could be a number of things. Hormones, an underlying medical condition… etc

Literally everything and nothing can cause a late period lol. Just wait a week, take another test, if still negative, go get a blood test done at the doctors. Good luck!

2 Likes

When you want a pragency, your body and mind can fool you into thinking that you are…if you are indeed pragant that test will show positive…no worries just keep trying.

As you get older your period changes. I’m not sure how old you are.
Also if you’ve been under stress, that will cause it to be late

Have your thyroid checked it cause it your hormones are off balance and stress can play a factor

1 Like

Stress can cause it to stop for a bit x

Stress. I didn’t have mine for 8 months. If I’m constantly exercising I won’t see it for months

If you really want to be pregnant your body will trick you into having symptoms .The more symptoms you feel you have your brain believes that you are so your body follows the brain. Another possibility is stress.

3 Likes

I just found out I have PCOS and caused mine