What causes rattling in chest?

My two year old has had rattling in her chest for a few days now. What can I do to help? We do humidifier every night.

9 Likes

I’m a grown adult, had problems breathing, went to ER had acute respiratory failure and double pneumonia, didnt have a clue I was this sick.

Take her into her pediatrician tomorrow. Could be a cold, could be more. I’m no doctor, but trust me from experience, having a little one in the hospital with pneumonia is terrifying.

1 Like

Definitely suggest urgent care, but if you can’t make it today/tonight. Steamy bathroom, over the counter meds, Vicks on her feet and humidifier! Hope she gets better momma!

Take her to the doctor just in case. I just got out of the hospital yesterday because of pneumonia brought on by rsv and I had to come home with an oxygen tank. Better to be safe than sorry :green_heart:

Take her to urgent care. You don’t want her to come down with pneumonia. Prayers she feels better soon. :face_with_thermometer::sneezing_face:. Keep us posted how she is doing

1 Like

You need to see a doctor. In the meantime I know this sounds counterintuitive but bundle her up and take her outside for 15 minutes. If it’s croup cold air will open up the airways

2 Likes

Take her to her doc or maybe a urgent care. She may need antibiotics or something.

1 Like

Sounds like she might have pneumonia cause that’s what my sons sounded like and he had pneumonia from ages 4 months until a few years ago and he’s almost 15 now.

sound like possible rsv or something else i suggest go to urgent care

Take her to the doctor the flu and RSV are running rampant right now smh get off the internet and take her to the doctor.

Put Vicks on her chest and feet

2 Likes

Steam from a hit shower. Vicks vapo rub

Rsv, covid and flu are going around. Take her to the doctor

Get to a pediatrician for a checkup!

Have a Doctor check her. You don’t want it to turn into RSV.

Get her checked at the dr.

Sounds like croup possibly, you could take her into the bathroom and let the shower run and steam up or take an old t- shirt and cover with vicks on inside front and back and on a dry cloth place inside her pillow she will breathe it in while she sleeps. Clear fluids till its better like broth, chicken soup, warm tea with honey if she can drink warm not hot.

Call pediatrician right away. Could be asthma, respiratory infection, allergies

Take that baby to a real doctor not fb.

Doctor time make appointment

Maybe take him to a Dr ASAP!?

Bronchitis they need to see a doctor. Observe their breathing?