What causes ribs to feel numb?

Hi, so I’m a first time mom. This maybe a little tmi, but I’m just trying to get answers since I haven’t been able to go a doctor. I had my daughter about a little over 2 months ago. I had post partum bleeding like normal for about a week and it stopped completely. Things where great. Felt fine. Well follow up to about 4 weeks ago things been horribly down hill. I’ve had nausea, throwing up, unbearable stomach pains where 4 Advils can’t even touch it, loose stool every hour at night and spotting one time almost 3 weeks ago,dizzy. I’m worried of an infection. I had my placenta manually removed, very violently by the doctor. My ribs are still numb to this day . I been sexually active as well so I was wondering if it could be a form of infection , maybe the doctor did something damaging, I don’t know. I’ve tried looking things up and didn’t really find answers if I could get some advice or answers id really appreciate that.

22 Likes

I would get checked out. Infections aren’t something to play with especially after having baby

1 Like

Possibly sever UTI or maybe kidney infection. If you’ve had a fever I would for sure go to the doctor or ER right away.

2 Likes

Ask for a referral for a gyno as that isnt normal!! Dont muck around with it… go straight away

1 Like

Straight to the doctor

1 Like

Sexually active? Could be pregnant, too.

5 Likes

Yeah definitely go to the doctor. And go right away if you get a fever. That is not normal.

3 Likes

You could be pregnant

4 Likes

Dont think you are pregnant due to uterous still healing but could be an infection

2 Likes

Go for your post partum check up

1 Like

You need to go to a urgent care or ER. You could get sepsis. Very dangerous!

3 Likes

Go to the dr. My friend died 3 weeks after having a baby because of an infection that formed blood poisoning Please go to the dr they know best. Please keep me informed to you being ok.

7 Likes

Go back to the doctor love and stand your ground !

2 Likes

I had the same thing,fever,nausea, bleeding. Pieces of placenta left behind that unfortunately caused an infection. Go to the ER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

2 Likes

You need to see or talk to a dr.

I would say some kind of an infection going on. Could be UTI, kidney, infection from placenta, maybe they didn’t get it all. Could also be infection from having sex to soon. I would definitely call and see a doctor ASAP. If ya can’t get into the Dr then an Urgent Care.

1 Like

I would go to the er! Positive vibes ur way

1 Like

ER, very worrisome symptoms.

The fact your ribs are still numb is in itself something I’d say go to the er for asap, adding in the other issues/ symptoms that definitely needs to be addressed now. My great grandmother got sepsis and passed 2 weeks pp from peices of the placenta being left behind after being forcefully removed and causing a massive blood infection. That may not be the case, but I’d not risk it. Better safe than sorry and those are serious symptoms to be having.

I had this problem and ended up being an infection in my uterus I wasn’t discharged yet and was on some heavy antibiotics these antibiotics were nasty :pray::pray::pray:

Please go to the doctor for having sakes and not to Facebook Dr

4 Likes

Go to the Doctor asap

Go to er and let all of us kno ur ok…that scary

The emergency room more then likely has the answers you seek go

2 Likes

Go to an ER? It could be several things. It kind of sounds like an ileus. But a medical diagnosis would be best. Better safe than sorry is my motto.

ER no joke …your baby needs a Momma alive and well.

1 Like

Go to the hospital, it sounds like you have a severe infection

1 Like

They left placenta in my uterus & it apparently can cause you to get extremely sick (thankfully, I didn’t) go to the ER, they will remove it immediately

2 Likes

Spray vinegar on anywhere he’s gone in the house, it eliminates the smell and eventually he will stop going there

5 Likes

No sex for 6 weeks… get to the ER!

2 Likes

You need to get to a doctor A.S.A. P.

1 Like

Better safe then sorry and if you are sexually active again you should know after a baby u are very very extremely firtile for at least 6 months afterwards if not wanting a back to back babies be uh cautous

3 Likes

Just get yourself to the doc

doctor asap could be a tubal if you had unprotected sex, could be an infection, could be pregnant again etc.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be having sex until 6 weeks PP and that’s something that they should have told you at discharge or at your follow-up appointment. You have to go get checked immediately to make sure it’s not some type of infection.

4 Likes

It’s been 4 weeks with symptoms like this and you haven’t been to a Dr? Woman go to the ER!

3 Likes

Ok Emergency Room Immediately. That absolutely sounds like some of your placenta could be still inside. My friends sister had to get multiple surgery’s and almost died from this. She ended up not being able to have any more kids. Please go to the emergency room now. Just be sure that’s not the case

I felt the same way after an amazing recovery. Within 3 days besides pp bleeding I felt like I had never given birth. 2 weeks later I had a horrible pain in my side to the point where I couldn’t even move sometimes. I was throwing up, lightheaded all that. Turns out I had a uti. I never had any pain with peeing. Just the pain in my abdomen

ER! It sounds very similar to one of my friends that had some of the placenta left and it caused an infection.

I would advise you to go to a Dr asap

ER NOW that is bad bad

Go get checked out immediately

Get to the ER, my DILs doctor left stitches in her that could killed her bc of infection we thank God she knew something wasn’t right.