What causes spotting between periods?

Typically my period lasts 7-10 days, and I started on the 31st of last month, and as of the 3rd, I’m having very light spotting after having relatively normal flow 31st-2nd, and spotting has progressively tightened and virtually gone away. No cramping or pain ect; what could have caused this to happen?

7 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes spotting between periods? - Mamas Uncut

I would say mainly stress.

For me, I spotted during ovulation and no I didn’t always ovulate at 14 days post cycle. They did ultrasounds and saw my ovaries pop cysts as they released the eggs. It sucked. I always hoped it was implantation bleeding, but nope.

1 Like

I had cysts on my ovaries. I would bleed when not on my period.

1 Like

I’m having same issues but not sure if my Menorrghia has a lot to do with my bleeding in between cycles and even going for a longer period of times well with my cycles! Going in for an ultrasound this week.

It can be a sign of cancer…

Poly cystic fibrosis, see your GYN

Oh geez ladies! Seriously no need to scare someone of it can be cancer, or it can be cysts, or cystic fibrosis. If your not a doctor don’t act like one. Geesh… as for the question spotting can be normal but ANY medical question or worry should always be brought up to your health care team. Do not rely on internet and doctor google to help with your questions

5 Likes

any number of factors could be the cause. make sure you keep track of your cycles and make an appointment with your ob/gyn

i would think if your period ended the 2nd and your spotting the 3rd it’s just the end of it mine stops and then i’ll bleed and spot a few days adter

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What causes spotting between periods? - Mamas Uncut

This happened to me and I had a polyp. The dr removed it and the spotting went away. Perimenopause is another cause

1 Like

Could be stress. I wouldn’t worry about it. Spotting happens. If you are concerned, talk to your doctor about it.

1 Like

There’s literally no answer. Women’s hormones, periods, bodies etc are a huge mystery.