What could be causing my daughters random fevers?

Not sure what to do about my 6 year’s old on-again off-again high temperatures. 2 weeks ago: Tuesday-Thursday temp ranged 100°-102.9°. No other noticeable symptoms and nurse on phone said no need for immediate worry unless she gets worse. She got better until-This past Monday to this morning (Wed): 100°-97°-102°-97°-100.2°. Her energy level is fairly normal but she does have a minor cough. Now I know fevers fluctuate. But typically my kid doesn’t have a high temp for more than a night. And never has she had reoccurring ^temps within a couple weeks of each other. I’m just wondering if this is probably a case of whatever’s going around or cause for concern.Also worth mentioning, I recently changed jobs so my insurance hasn’t kicked in. She doesn’t have a regular pediatrician yet which is why she hasn’t had an appointment. So our only choice really would be to the ER.

4 Likes

This used to happen to my daughter. She was 2 at the time. Other kids would have cold like symptoms around her, but she just got a high fever. No other symptoms at all. I just had to watch her fever and keep it controlled. She grew out of it eventually. Not sure if it was just her body’s way of killing that other viruses that were going around. Just keep an eye on her. Good luck!

1 Like

When my daughter was 6 she would get “fever viruses” and temps just like that. For sometimes 5 days at a time. Then they would go away and 2 weeks later the fevers would return.
She would also have her molars coming through and she would run a 99-100 degree fever for like a day.

She eventually stopped having them so the only thing you can do is rotate the meds and keep her comfortable.

Are you seriously seeking medical advice on Facebook???

1 Like

Ear infection that developed from the virus a week before?