What could be disrupting my childs sleep?

So, my daughter turns 3 this Friday. She’s always been an amazing sleeper unless she’s sick, obviously. Well the last few nights have been tough. She wakes up crying that she wants the light on and the the doorOpen. I do both but she still keeps waking and says she wants to be close to me and lays in our bed but doesn’t sleep. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m also 31 weeks pregnant but she’s excited about it and truly don’t think that has much to do with it. It seems she’s developing fears maybe? Just looking for anyone who maybe went through the same thing?

1 Like

I’m 31 weeks pregnant and just went through the exact thing with my 2 almost 3 yr old daughter! She just last week started sleeping again!

While she’s actually sleeping with you, check to see if she’s snoring. My daughter had some sleep apnea around that age and was not hitting REM sleep, in turn we had a hyper and severely worried/anxious toddler during the day. We ended up removing her tonsils and adenoids it was like magic she was back to normal. Just something to check for!