What could be going on with my 4-month-old?

So my daughter is 4 months old… for the last couple weeks it seems like every single time she farts, she poops. Or the poop just kinda leaks out of her. I feel HORRIBLE because it’s giving her an awful rash, she’s breastfed… I mean she’s never gassy so that’s a plus lol… but the rash she gets is tiring… & I don’t remember this happening to my first born… has this happened to anyone else?

2 Likes

A mama X 4 and grandma, here…. Slap some Vaseline on her and that’ll help protect the skin from rash. Some people swear by coconut oil as well. Which I use for everything else. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Possibly lactose?
My boy was 4 months and constantly pooping and throwing up, I had to change my diet quite a bit and it went away

2 Likes

What does her pediatrician say?

Get Dr. Smith’s from Amazon for her rash.

Maybe something you’re eating?

This is an issue that should be directed to her doctor. We can all give answers but only her doctor can give you answers. Also let her air out during diaper changes to help the rash cause it’s the acid from the feces that cause the rash so try Vaseline. I’ve done cornstarch on my son instead of baby powder or ointments when he was an infant and he never got diaper rashes. His doctor was old fashioned. Also is it a pattern after you eat specific foods or drinks when this happens? Personally tho I would call her doctor and get her in just to rule out anything medical

3 Likes

Yeah, might be something you are eating that she isn’t tolerating. Possibly dairy…