What could be going on with my toddler?

My 4 year old daughter has randomly started having small poops stuck between her butt cheeks that she says she doesnt know are there. She has been potty trained for the past 2 years with no accidents since the first 6 months of her potty training, although shes never been a frequent pooper average 10 times a month that were always in the toilet shes never had issues that concerned us. Back at the end of october she had her kindergarden shots and since then has had the worst gas ever constantly farting and had 3 episodes 2-3 days lenght of these accidents. She will not say a word unless we pass by her and smell poop, mention it and she runs to the bathroom. We’ve asked her and a few times she says she just waited too long and other times says she didnt know she pooped. My mother though it was a regression due to her baby brother being born at the begining of august but shes super proud of being a big sister and helping like a big girl showing no signs of wanting or acting like a baby and it only started in november after her shots and the frequent gas. I just dont know what to do i feel so bad that its happening to her and hoping it doesnt affect her long term. Ive googled things to help and will speak with her doctor but it takes a long time to see her doctor and i feel it needs to be focused on now and being pro active about it

8 Likes

Sounds like at least part of the time it could be that she passed gas and pooped at the same time and honestly didn’t know. I’m an adult and I’ve had that happen where I’ve “sharted” and the next time I go to the bathroom I realize it’s happened…now usually that with looser stool, but it’s happened once in a blue moon

1 Like

The poop she doesn’t know in her butt is overflow. She is constipated.if she’s not empty her bowels regularly and doing a type 4 poop theres something going on and needs help. My lo suffers constipation and it all sounds too familiar. Thankfully we use a macrogol powder from the doctor and adjust quantity depending on what’s going on, last time he opened bowels etc and were on a much better journey with “overflow” rarely making an appearance!

10 times a month…sounds like she is backed up .how much water, veggies, fiber is she getting??
Small round poops is a big sign not enough of these items in her diet…

2 Likes

She sounds constipated. A 4 year old should be pooping daily.

7 Likes

I would call her drs office and speak with the nurse advice and they will point you in the right direction and probably get your daughter in pretty quickly. Need to make sure she doesn’t have a GI problem!

1. she’s very constipated. Excessive gas and rock like stool are 100% constipation. 2) Mira lax is a game changer. Used it for one of my kiddos and after a few days of daily miralax they are regular. Lots of water. Push fluids like crazy. Yogurts are wonderful. But she needs a good clean out
2 Likes

Definitely request an urgent appointment . They should be able to see her asap for this bc she should be pooping daily at least not on average 2-3×/weekly. Increase fluid intake and see if it helps… as far as the accidents it could be her tummy hurts from not pooping and is actually making cramps to try to push it out …she probably doesn’t realize the compressed, little poop is coming out when she passes gas maybe???

Try yogurt daily. She needs a gut cleanse

Honestly I think it just happens sometimes. My son is 8 and the other day I was like did the dogs poop in your room or something cus it was stinky and I could not figure it out. Finally I was like Evan I think I need to check your booty. There was a little poop and I was like dude! You didn’t feel that? He’s like no. I explained again the importance of checking and wiping cia bell get a rash etc. I don’t understand how that couldn’t be uncomfortable as hell tho lol.

Prayers for her generational is now Canceled in Jesus mighty name. Be sure to thank Jesus for her deliverance and miracle
healing Amene

Well for one she’s very constipated. Research how shots affect gut health.

1 Like

Sounds like she is alittle constipated and she isn’t getting it out all at once… I would call nurse ask best med or liquid to give her