What could cause my son to be scared of loud noises?

Mrs Elizabeth James may God continue to bless you: my legit account manager, for helping me achieves all my goals in life today, I am now able to provide for my family, having a good living with my family, Who so ever that is reading this should contact her here on facebook now and be financially free. her platform is the best.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
Message her to get started

My daughter is same way since she was little , shes 8 now and still hates loud things but shes getting better with it…

I have 2 nephews with a little bit of autism. The oldest (he’s 10) freaks out over loud noises. He won’t sit and watch fireworks, if we go to basketball games he has to have headphones in to keep from hearing the buzzer and also we can’t have balloons :balloon: at any family things because he’s afraid they’ll get popped. Just thought I’d mention this.

1 Like

My son was that way when he was younger he still isn’t a fan of loud noises but he also has autism and sensory processing disorder. I would like the others said have him checked for spd it is very common.

l get paid over $153 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17135 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://DollarPayJob26.pages.dev/

I would highly recommend an autism evaluation. Try going thru your local school systems early intervention program first. It makes it so much easier if they find it to getting help in school and access to FREE services you might have to pay for otherwise. Speech delayed coupled with sensory issues like that typically indicates Autism most of the time but only a proper assessment will tell for sure. Also it helps so much more when they get access to services at a younger age like speech and language, occupational therapy and others if needed.

1 Like

Look into sensory processing disorder

Nobody likes loud noises. Normal reaction.

Its sensory related. My son was that way at 5 months. He us now 8 yrs old

He may have sensory disorder

1 Like

I think this sounds more like a sensory issue than a fear. Talk to his pediatrician.

1 Like

Have him tested for autism and/or ADHD. Invest in noise cancelling headphones for ppl with autism. They’ll help a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

My grandson is scared of trains especially if we’re walking we’re to close he will flip his lid and scream cry
Other then he’s not to scared to easily he thinks it funny

Have his hearing tested. Could be some hearing loss, could be something simple like glue ear.

My brother is deaf, not completely but I think it’s about 80%… so when he was young loud noises he could actually hear would startle him.

Would also explain a speech delay.

My daughter is the same way. She has a speech delay as well she is 2 and still does it. She had to have ear tubes put in and she is autistic. It is also a sensory issue. She has PT, OT, ST for all the issues and it is helping but slow progress. Definitely get him tested for autism and go to an ENT to have his ears checked

He could be autistic. My nephew was/is the same way.

My daughter had was extremely sensitive to loud noises and we found out that when she had her tubes put in her ears one of the holes didn’t close all the way once it fell out so they had to do a fat graft to fix her eardrum

1 Like

My sons hates them too…he is not autistic. Kids have sensitive ears. Most likely grow out of it.

1 Like

Speech delay and hearing problems go hand in hand if your still seeing speech therapist ask them next time but get his hearing checked in the meantime. Good Luck

Time to see the pediatrician

My son was the same way started at like a year old when he woke from his Dad drilling a tv mount in the wooden studs. Ever since then he’s been afraid of loud noises. I thought autism/sensory but when I asked his pediatrician she said he didn’t fit in the other categories. I would definitely ask his pediatrician though. My son is now about to be 6 and is not so much afraid of loud noises anymore. I would usually just talk to him calmly and let him know what’s happening around him and reassure him that he’s ok and it will be okay and only last for a little while. That seemed to help ease his anxiety about loud noises. Hope this helps.

This was me. Still don’t like loud noises. I have sensory issues.

2 Likes

He could have autism. My autistic child hates loud sudden noises. Always has.

My Daughter was the same she grew out of jt

Ask his pediatrician.
But sounds like sensory issues, which could also mean other things going on with him.

My son was the same anything like a motorcycle and the fire alarm would send him into such a state it would take me ages to settle him. I took him to get his hearing checked and he was diagnosed with sensitivity to loud noises. It does have a name but I can’t remember it now. He’s 16 now and still some noises bother him and he won’t be in the same room if I have the hoover out.

Sounds like these noises are hurting his ears

Mine is afraid of stuff like that too. The vacuum is less scary now but he still doesn’t like the blender or drill lol. The only suggestion I can give is safe repeated exposure. :woman_shrugging:t3: Unfortunately they’re gonna find it scary until they don’t, lol, just talk him through it each time, be reassuring, and eventually he won’t be scared anymore.

1 Like

My daughter was like that. She has just started using a hand dryer without me covering her ears

My son is like this. He has sensory issues. It’s not just noise though. He’s overwhelmed if a lot is going on around him. He will gag on foods that have certain textures or smells. He freaks out if his bear isn’t close by. Some clothing, like collard shirts, will send him into a rage. Crowds will also cause him to get very anxious.

Take your son to a Dr. It could be sensory. It could be an auditory sensitivity. Or just being a toddler.

sounds like autism. he is sensitive to noise levels…

1 Like

Get him assessed. Could be a sensory processing issue.

Maybe he is just sensitive? Maybe sensory issues? A lot of children are scared of loud noises. My son, who is on the spectrum, was terrified of balloons when he was younger because he was scared they would pop. He still doesn’t like hair clippers, hair dryer, or vacuum. A lot of kids grow out of it but if it truly concerns you, I would take him into his pediatrician. Especially if you feel he has a speech delay, they could help you get him the help he may possibly need. Best of wishes momma!

He could be Autistic, speech delays, sensitivity to sounds… I’d talk to your paediatrician.

I have this also. So many sounds make me jump out of my skin.also a room with alot of people talking at once makes my blood pressure go up. I’d say it could be sensory issues. Some kids though are just super sensitive.

Hey👋 are you a newbie on cryptocurrency investment, do you want to trade without much loses? I highly recommend that you message MRS Elizabeth James, I make money trading with her, click on his name and ask to join…
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Investing in Cryptocurrency is quite challenging when you don’t know how to start, what to invest on and how to make profits on every of your investment. For better understanding you can contact

Children with autism are sensitive to noise find out if he is on the spectrum

Sounds like every 2 yr old I know including my daughter and 2 nieces and nephew. They all hate loud noise :woman_shrugging:t3: