What did you wear to your wedding?

I just got officially engaged and started looking at dresses just to get an idea of what’s around me and to try and see what I might like. The all white gowns don’t really feel like “me” and I’ve seen some absolutely stunning white with black dresses. I guess the point to my post is , how many of yall wore something OTHER THAN your typical all white dress ? Pics included would be great

36 Likes

So glad I went with black instead of traditional white!!! Picture of me and my mom that night :black_heart:

4 Likes

Wear what you feel comfortable in, it’s your special day.

2 Likes

It’s your wedding do what makes you happy

I wore a blue lace dress that came out of my best friend’s closet

Mine was white with purple in it. I tried to find a close up of my dress. This is the one that you could see the detail the best.

3 Likes

My wedding dress was all black and I loved it so much :heart:

1 Like

I wore an all black dress and I was absolutely in love with it. We eloped so didn’t have a ceremony but I would do it a thousand times over again

I had a blush dress and it was gorgeous :face_holding_back_tears: I tried on a ton of white dresses and saw the blush one and said I’ll try it as a joke… but then fell in love with it!

I was 7 1/2 months pregnant so my options was limited . It was the biggest sized maternity dress i could find, in April we will be married 36 yrs

I getting married 4/24 and definitely wearing a colored dress. Now if I could only decide between blush, blue or black I’d be good lol

I wore a basic black, technically prom dress. It was $50 and had a leg slit and draping on the bust. I just always feel nicer in black.

I wore a black shirt, jeans and black cowboy boots

You can wear whatever color that you want!!! It’s your day!!!

1 Like

Light lavender… it was so pretty.

Mine was white and laced up the back in red. Red trim on top and red trim on bottom.

I just had a standard ivory colour dress. However if your like me and “top heavy” don’t make the same mistake I did and please for the love of god, your own comfort, sanity and not needing to pull it up thousands of times in 6 hours. GET STRAPS! :see_no_evil:

Mine was white and around my waist and train was blue to match the girl’s dress

Mine was white with red trim

My mom wore ivory and peach. If I had had a traditional wedding I would have worn it. My husband and I did a JP wedding and said he didn’t care if I wore a dress or not…

1 Like

It’s your wedding so u where anything that u think looks beautiful on u

I wore all black and so did my husband.

I wore white at my wedding but if I were to redo it. It would be a black one

I wanted a white dress with black but couldn’t find one, wore an off white dress with a black veil instead

I had a steampunk inspired wedding

8 Likes

We were married on Valentines Day and I wore red.

6 Likes

I’m not married, but at one point I was going to be.
Wear what you love! My pick was a blush gown and it was gorgeous, but I loved a bunch of other “non traditional “ gowns too! Unfortunately I don’t have pictures of it anymore, but I can post a picture of one similar to it.

6 Likes

This was my wedding dress that I got married in back in August 24th,2022. I ordered it off Amazon.

1 Like

This was my husband and me on our wedding day.

1 Like

I’m going to wear green. A deep dark green. Whites not really my style either and I’ve looked at several other colored dresses (black, purple, etc) but I think the dark green with look best with my hair/eye color and skin tone (or lack of lmfao). I am going to have my daughters in white dresses though to offset my green dress and have them with green accents/accessories. We’re not going to have a big wedding either. Might just be out little family or possibly a few extra friends and family.

1 Like

I opted for a dress that felt wedding like to me but not a wedding dress. Spring was our theme. It was cream with an overay of flowers and butteflies

I wore all black with dr martens … wear what you feel the most beautiful in, it’s your day :blush:

3 Likes

Second marriage showing our Tennessee pride.

2 Likes

What ever you like
Its up to you. Doesnt have to be big bucks either

I did wear all white for my ceremony, but I changed into a black and champagne dress for my reception dress. This was by far my favorite of the 2 dresses, but my husband wanted me in white for our ceremony.

4 Likes

Honestly I wish I would have I found a beautiful purple dress and let people talk me into getting white :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

The wedding dress of my dreams was so far out of my budget I gave in to my husband and we did super hero themed. Ours was dead pool

5 Likes

I had found a prom dress that was a light pink and loved it for my wedding

2 Likes

I love the idea of non traditional dresses. I looked at etsy a lot tbh. This one is a top contender for me and it has a bunch of color options (green, blue, pink… I love the green though)

15 Likes

I had an after season prom dress. It was white and had a blue trim and beads on it … court house wedding. Boys had (now ex husband , his best man) wore black pants, Black shirt, blue matching ties… and I only paid less than $25 for my dress and an alteration cause it was a bit big.

I am partial to the black dresses like these

1 Like

I wore a wine coloured suit

1 Like

I’m gonna wear black, bridesmaids in white. I’m having a Star Wars theme though so makes sense :joy:

2 Likes

I wanted to wear sage green, but realised (just in time!) That because my husband is red/green colourblind, the colour that I wanted seems grey to him. I didn’t want him to think I got married in a grey dress, so I did ivory and blue.

Black and red. Wont catch me dead in white :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Mine was a champagne/ivory color!

2 Likes

Wedding vs surprise vow renewal.

1 Like

I wore a lovely bright orange silk dress with a forest green cape lined in bright orange silk.

I wore a really fancy black rhomper that had billowy legs so it looked like a dress until you moved-

I wore a white graduation dress, talk about substantially less expensive and was more “me”

Champagne coloured dress, I’d share pictures but wedding isn’t untill October,

Honestly make an appointment try on dresses you will find the one, one it’s on you,

1 Like

Went in to labor early. L&d nurses made me a dress and vail lol. Whatever you wear you’ll be beautiful and please show us.

12 Likes

Infinity dress. Hundreds of colour choices and different ways to wear it. Bridesmaid wore a black one.

3 Likes

My bff wore a black dress and if my boyfriend and I decide we want a wedding I personally want a pink dress, absolutely no white :joy:

1 Like

I wore a champagne dress that had ivory lace.

2 Likes

Gray pants and blue sweater at the Court House.

3 Likes

I wore black and absolutely loved it

2 Likes

I didn’t wear a white wedding dress. Our wedding color was baby blue and that’s what we all wore.

2 Likes

1st wedding (big fancy $25K wedding), beautiful off the shoulder ball gown with a train
2nd wedding (courthouse), 4 months pregnant, white sun dress
3rd wedding (courthouse), 8 months pregnant, black lace knee length dress

My sister wore a wedding dress that she designed, it was simple but beautiful, white and light blue like the decorations .

I do not think that I will ever be married but if I do I will definitely not wear white , I will wear fushia or purple or red

I wore a color called chandelier. It’s between an ivory and a tad darker. I’m a pale blonde so I looked horrid in pure white lol

1 Like

I wore this. I loved the nude underneath the lace!!

2 Likes

I went to target and got something simple :woman_shrugging:

I did everything camouflage. It was my dream wedding for years.

3 Likes

Black dress in Valley of Fire

2 Likes

I started looking at dresses too and I have found a few white with black accents that I love. Good thing I have a man who is fine with me in a white and black dress. I hate the white, off white and ivory dresses

My daughter had three outfits: a white gauzy jumpsuit with a cape for the ceremony, a more traditional wedding dress but in black for pictures, and a backless sequin gown because it was in Las Vegas. She got them fairly inexpensively (probably made by poor kids in sweatshops :frowning:). Her photo shoots took place in Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon and by the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign. It was a small group for the wedding and weekend of activities. Many months later she had a fall beach barbecue and wore a casual outfit.

wore black to renew vows :black_heart:

We knew our colors were going to be red and black. He had told me he wanted to wear a white suit. I HATE white. But I tried on 3 white dresses and didn’t like them. Put this one on and I’m like this is it! I walked out and everyone that was there was like that’s it, that’s you! Our girls had on red, the guys were in black even their shirts but tie was red.

1 Like

My dress was black & white. I didn’t like the traditional white. It wasn’t fitting for my personality. Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful.

2 Likes

Mine wasn’t white, it was like an Ivory or something, I can’t remember exactly what the color was. But it was all one color.

This was mine. Just married in November. I didnt want the all white either.

Lol i got married in Las Vegas, quite spur of the moment and wore a Tequila Club t-shirt that said “just lick suck and and swallow” on it!

1 Like

I wore a white dress that was trimmed around top of chest and down center of back with a deep burgundy strip and a corset back. Since it didn’t have a train and i didn’t really want one I went with a cathedral length vail. I paid $89 at Dillard’s for the dress.

Who angry reacted to this post? Ridiculous

Why is Debbie Freilinger mad? Lol

I wore a white dress that was casual only cost 22 dollars .

My second wedding (blending our family). I wore blue, our girls wore white, our boy wore a blue tie, husband wore his uniform.

7 Likes

I had a champagne dress i dont like white

A picture of me and my husband on our wedding day. It will be 20 years in April we have been married!!

I wore a every day burgundy dress . My daughter wore a blush rose prom dress it was very pretty .

I wore a black dress with gold accents

My step mom bought a fairly cheap (200) dress and then bought black lace applique and had it put on and it was gorgeous! Wear whatever you want! It’s your day! You could wear a hot pink dress and be fine as long as your happy!

I was going to do a blush color. Would have also done black

My dress was a champagne color

2 Likes

Try bridesmaids dresses…Comme in many different colors, & some very elegant but tastefully styles… & MUCH cheaper!!
My bf couldn’t find what she wanted in a wedding dress,after we went to about 8 stores & she tried on sssoooo many dresses.
I pointed our a bridesmaids dress on display that was more what she was looking for, & she kept looking & we found the 1 she wanted right there! Ordered it in the color she wanted, & she looked amazing & was thrilled

Wear what makes you happy! I wore green velvet.

I wore white and black for my January wedding!

1 Like

My mom wore a suit. Years later she had a teddy bear made with it as a keepsake. My daughter inherited it.

First marriage white
Second burgundy - not the dress I wanted. The one I wanted was already purchased and did not come in time and was non-returnableas it was a special order. We are thinking about renewing our vows at church with extended family/friends and having a reception for our 5th anniversary which will be two years from tomorrow. I will wear the intended dress then.

My dress was knee length black lace

White is traditionally worn for a first wedding. Save the black for funerals. There will be plenty of those as time passes. After the ceremony and the pictures, you may wish to change to an attractive pastel outfit for the reception.