What do babies start crawling?

My daughter was a late crawler. Screw what people think! You know what your child will handle, and if he’s bawling that badly then by all means pick him up.

2 Likes

First off you are doing what’s right for you and your baby by picking him up when he cries. My oldest hated tummy time as a newborn and didn’t crawl until around 8-9 months but she didn’t bottom shuffle or booty scoot. Around 9-10 months she started cruising and was walking around 10-11 months. My second born crawled early but didn’t start walking until after her first birthday. Every baby is different some grasp things early, some don’t and that’s okay. He will crawl when he is ready and tell the judgmental people in your life to do some research because milestones are just guidelines.

1 Like

He will crawl when he wants to. And then you won’t be able to stop him. :roll_eyes: some kids don’t even crawl they just go straight to walking… which is why it’s not considered a milestone. The head banging will also subside in time. I had a head banger. It was terrible, it didn’t stop until she was old enough to get in trouble for it. I hope it gets better! Good luck!

2 Likes

A little struggle and frustration is ok… especially if you’re making them work for what they want. My son LOVES french fries, so that’s how we motivated him to crawl. However, completely freaking out and banging his head against the floor is not productive. Pick him up, calm him down, and try again.

2 Likes

Some babies aren’t crawlers. Mine never crawled. Just let him cry because he will learn to self sooth. You don’t want to be the mom who has a middle schooler who cries and have you pick him up all the time

1 Like

Call your County Birth to 3 program. Its free

1 Like

My daughter was lazy like that too when she was a baby, she was the last want to do anything. And now she’s a straight a student and she does really well in sports.

1 Like

I know this may be difficult when you are sooo pregnant but get down to his level. A low chair, cushions on the floor and let him come to you. I was in the same spot with two of mine being close and this just worked.

1 Like

The second will do everything faster cause it will learn from the first

1 Like

My 10 month old isn’t crawling yet either. I was told just to keep trying and he may just go straight to walking

1 Like

My oldest didn’t crawl till she was almost 1, then she crawled and started walking the same day…

1 Like

Fuck them! Every baby is different. Just bc my son started super early doesnt mean your has to. Also you are super pregnant HOW DARE THEY!! pick your son up all you want! HE’S YOUR SON!

Tummy time and I agree dont let him cry to much.

2 Likes

All mine crawled at different ages. 13 months, 7 months, 10 months and 11 months. When ready he will. Don’t pick him up every time he fussed though. You will regret that when the new one comes. :blush:

1 Like

Put a helmet on him and leave him to it

1 Like

Maybe he will skip the whole crawling phase and go straight to walking.

2 Likes

Do what your heart tells you

1 Like

Tummy time and lots of play time on the floor. My 10 mo old isn’t crawling but he will scoot across the floor on his butt sitting up :joy: he pushes himself backwards w his hands and that’s his scoot :woman_shrugging:t2:. He gets from place to place. As long as the child is making some sort of progress, I wouldn’t stress it. Some kids are lazy, my 10 mo old is one. They all develop at their own rate. Obviously see your pediatrician if you’re that concerned.

1 Like

Stop listening lol that baby is fine :100::heart:

3 Likes

Every kid is different, they will crawl at their own pace. My oldest crawled at 8 months and walking by 9. My youngest only did the army crawl at 10 months and then walked at 14 months. My nephew never crawled, he scooted everywhere on his butt. Then walked at 18 months. He even had a physical therapist come to the house to help him try to crawl. He is 3 now and will crawl while he is playing, but didn’t actually start that until after he started walking. Don’t let people make you feel like a bad mom cause your child isn’t crawling. You are doing a good job!

1 Like

Some babies SKIP CRAWLING COMPLETELY and go straight to walking. If they aren’t behind on other milestones i wouldn’t worry

1 Like

Find an opportunity for him to be in a play setting with other crawling babies. Learn by example.

Dont let people pressure you. It will come. My son was very very late to walk. Just didnt even try. Then one day he just did it.

1 Like

I’m more impressed that you have a 9 month old and are 8 months pregnant! We always called that “Irish Twins.”

Don’t listen to everyone else. Babies do things in their own time. Sounds like someone’s just looking for reasons to point fingers at you.

3 Likes

Mine crawled, walked and talked later then everyone else it seemed and people made comments but they both eventually did those things. Even the doctors were worried about my daughter not talking but now she’s so smart! It’s all different for each child.

Oh and I ALWAYS coddled my son! Still do lol if he’s upset I go rushing in. He’s almost two though so that doesn’t happen anymore really just lots of love kisses and cuddles! But yeah I always always held my kids or picked them up when they cried (unless it was nap time I would let them cry it out and they’re fine they just fall asleep) anyway I don’t care what anyone says there is no such thing as too much love, I will always hold my son and show him love when he’s sad :blue_heart::heart:

2 Likes

It’s your kid… do what you want! Tummy time…and I always helped them get on their knees so they could wobble back and forth

2 Likes

Put something he loves just out of reach on the floor where he can see it. It worked for my baby

1 Like

I would talk to your doc about whether physio is warranted, as 9 months is definitely on the later side, but hard to know just based on your post. My youngest daughter had a bad injury at 5 months that really messed up her milestones (she learned to crawl before she could roll over back to tummy). The physio exercises really helped us to know how to help her!!

1 Like

Every baby is different and does things at their own pace. Ignore what others are saying. You can do tummy time I also baby wore my daughter which helped but if you want to hold your son hold him.

2 Likes

Get on the floor and show him how to crawl.

1 Like

just let him be. my 1st crawls at 8 my 2nd crawled at 10. even tho most kids I know crawled at 7 or even 6. he’ll crawl when he’s ready some even skip crawling and go right to walking there is nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

If he’s not putting any pressure on his legs to try to stand up even when you’re holding him on your lap and try to stand him up on your lap then that could signal an issue and I would encourage you to talk to your pediatrician as soon as possible but if he is putting weight and he is sitting up on his own maybe you do need to put him down more on the floor with some toys and a blanket where you could see him and maybe get down on the floor with him and play with him and show him how to crawl and do this every day for as long as it takes or maybe he will skip the whole crawling and start walking BUT if he is not meeting his other milestones for this age and he wasn’t premature you definitely need to talk to your pediatrician.

1 Like

My daughter never crawled. She started to walk by 11 months. Your baby will be fine let him be.

1 Like

Don’t worry what other people think. He’s your baby. Do what you want to do. He will crawl eventually!!

1 Like

It has nothing to do with you picking him up. Tell people they can parent their own kids and you’ll parent yours. He will start crawling soon. And then he’ll be walking before you know it.

1 Like

Bless him He will crawl when he is ready

1 Like

Stop stressing, only 9 months old it’s not a competition, he will get going when he’s good and ready, chill😁

1 Like

He physically o.k. when he has these trandrums ?
Well, then , yes .
Make it so he cant fall on sharp edges or hurt himself .
Now , children from birth couldnt talk to tell us what they wanted. So they talked ith emotion. They learn that crying and acting out gets what they want.
Children have a very fresh new brain, they are smart. So srnse he knows that.
Hes growing into a big boy every day. So you have to help him resolve thing on his own. Talk to him during. Tell “no” " yes" whatever in a very calm voice but no pick up no , hed crying sounds like he gone pop a lung.
Let him cry. That what babies do.
He will eventually learn crying doesnt get it.
Your learn to have patience and no get upset youself.
He learn when Mom says no , its no.
Yall got a new one coming.
Youll be gkad you did this
Pam , motger of 6
Grandma of 9 :kiss:

1 Like

Some baby’s don’t,so tell everyone to shut up and mind thier business my first granddaughter didn’t walk until she was 14 months old and she was fine

1 Like