What do you do when your child gets out of bed at night?

What do you do when your child constantly gets out of bed to come into your room at night? She will NOT stay in her room and I am over it.

2 Likes

Let her go back to sleep in my bed, then move her back to her bed :sleeping: :sunglasses:
I’m a co sleeper so I enjoy the cuddles :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

You continuously bring them back to their bed every time. Eventually they will lean that they have to be I their bed. After a few solid weeks maybe even days they’ll stop it’s a learning process but if you’re not consistent with it they’ll learn they can get away with it sometimes and do it more. That does for anything thb consistency

That’s a good question…. My 4 year old comes to my bed EVERY night

You will have to continue to take your child back to their room.
But don’t make your child feel their reason they came to your room isn’t good enough.

Explain their safe and you’re going to be near by.

My 7 yr old and 4 yr old still fall asleep in my bed and almost always one makes their way to our bed.

They aren’t going to be this little forever

1 Like

It will stop eventually. My first daughter stayed with us until she was 4.5 and then she started to stay in her own room and never came back :cry: our second is 2.5 and currently sleeps with us until she’s ready to leave us as well. Enjoy it while you can :blush:

3 Likes

We have a child proof door knob cover because I don’t want them wandering the house while we sleep. They still yell for me when they wake up though. I put them back to bed and usually once is all it takes but if it’s a bad night then I’ll just take my pillow and blanket and get in their bed for the rest of the night. They share a queen on the floor so plenty of room for me too.

Crawl in bed read a book cuddle Mom or Dad stay till she falls asleep. It takes awhile . The longer you let her sleep in your bed it will take longer to ween. Big girl bed make a big deal out of bed, toddler bed, stuffies.

I understand. There was times I was frustrated with this too. One day it stops and you’ll be sad, I swear.

11 Likes

Be consistent and keep removing her from your room. It sucks but she will adjust to it sooner than later.

I gave up and got some sleep with them in my bed. They gradually wing themselves. I never understood why people get so worked up over co-sleeping. Kids are usually scared and that’s why they come into your room. Constantly putting them back into their bed is not going to erase the fear. A child should feel safe. What’s the harm? They feel safe and secure and they sleep, and you don’t have to be getting up every 20 minutes to put them back to bed. Pick your battles. Put a little mattress under your bed and pull it out and let them sleep on that. 

1 Like

You go and put her back to bed. And then do it again 50 times until she’s asleep. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I have a nap pad in my room for when my 7 year old wakes or has a bad dream. Or just wants to stay a night in my room. I co slept with her until she was 4.

5 Likes

Let it. Kids will sleep when tired.

keep redirecting them or if anything lock your door :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Lay down with them. Read them a story book,

Tell them they ain’t missing anything and to get back in their bed…

Put a child lock door knob cover on the inside of her door

1 Like

Change the room around , find something they love (decorations, beding , star nightlight , rearrange the setup)

I bought new sheets(he favorite color) and rearrange the setup and it worked for me.

We just let ours get in bed with us :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Have your child sleep with you. One day they will get older and will only want to be in their room.

You keep taking her back and repeat it until she stays in her bed. You do it every night until she learns. Maybe she’s scared. Maybe she has separation anxiety.

1 Like

You just keep getting up and putting them back in their bed. Calmly and quietly tell them each time that they need to stay in their own bed. Do it every time. It might take a few nights but it will work. Just stick to it .

I may be a pain in the ass , but you know what they are little one time , you will never get this back, no long from now they won’t even have time for you , I used to put mine in bed with me and we would both go back to sleep, I’m an empty nester now , I’m lucky if I get phones calls once a week , your going to miss the little inconveniences more then you can imagine

1 Like

keep redirecting them or if anything lock your door :woman_shrugging:t4:

Shut their door and put a child lick on the inside.