What do you do with your teenagers?

What do you moms do with your teenagers? My husband complains that our’s spend too much time on tv’s/phones. I’m not disagreeing. Do you go on walks together, play sports? I’m just wondering besides electronic things (watch movies, etc) what do you do together?

2 Likes

They can only spend time on electronics if you allow it.

1 Like

You can just spend quality time with them ,find a project you both would like to do together.

1 Like

I used to play basketball with them at the park. We take them bowling, not many mini putts around me. We do projects tg like halloween decor and such. They’re too old for playgrounds. If they have friends, send them outside to do kid things.

1 Like

I always called it forced family fun lol. Phones in the basket & we would play games, hang out, or go activities as a family. Bowling, movies, mini golf,etc.

2 Likes

Mine loves to go to the mall and the gun range💓

1 Like

You absolutely need to het your children involved in outside activities EARLY. They should find their thing. It’s not too late in highschool but it’s harder for sure with some activities. You can’t have kids who haven’t Had any experience with outside stuff. Schefikesvetcm “suddenly” want too or be excited. Be patient and willing to try lots of things

Isn’t that why we have children? To interact with them from born till they are grown? When u are interacting with our kids the are not out getting into trouble n the feel the can confide in you and talk to you.

Luckily my dad farms, so we help out there as much as we can. We “try” or attempt to be active family. We go on walks, play catch, sit out by fire, fish, . Sometimes I have to bribe. But I do make my teenages do chores, lawn mowing, picking up dog poo, help with supper, dishes, trash, etc. That’s how they earn money to go with friends or sports, etc.

As a teenager my mom had what she called mandatory Sundays! All kids had to be home, no phones, no tv. We played board games , went to park together, walked, or sat and talked about our week. As a teen we all complained a couple of times as we wanted to be out with friends / boyfriends or whatever but she never gave in! As an adult I look back and cherish those times we had together. It was forced but I miss it!

3 Likes

Mandatory family time, no excuses! That can be going to the movies, a stroll through the mall. I take mine to the skating rink, before you know it 2 hours has passed. We’re here to parent them, not interested in being a friend, set the rules, they do what you allow. :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

We do weekly family game night, family dinner night at my dad’s. They move when need be for extracurricular. My teen & I shop, shoot, ride/ take care of our horses & mom/ daughter dates…

We usually go for a drive and walk… drive to somewhere nice or somewhere different and have a stroll around. Perhaps get a bite to eat or ice cream. Just something to get out of the house. Their father also takes them out with the dogs and occasionally we grab our fav restaurant food (or to spend less some hot chips) and go to the beach to eat it at night.