What do you put on your baby registry?

Hi everyone!! I’m pregnant with baby number four and wondering what you guys put on your registry if you have already had babies? My youngest is two, which isn’t that old but we got rid of her stuff thinking she was going to be it, we also are having a boy after three girls!! So I wanted to make a registry, and I have all the basics that I know I will need but I also put the more expensive things that I want like a Doona, a Keenzi, a mini crib, and a willow pump. My husband says I should take these off because it’s rude to ask for, and I told him I don’t think it’s rude there are plenty of other things on there, and no one goes off the registry anyways, but at least they’d have an idea what I wanted if they do… what do you guys think? I only ever made one for my first and I got everything on it, but nothing from it if that makes sense lol :joy: so I figured no one really reads it anyways and with this being my fourth I’m not expecting anything, but if I did get something off there it would be really amazing!

7 Likes

I’m only giving my honest opinion because you’re asking. My first child was a girl and I had a baby shower. My second child came when my daughter was 2 and I had a boy. I did NOT want the attention of having anything but family was kind to throw a very relaxed sprinkle that I shared with another family member who was also having her first boy.
I just feel like it goes against etiquette to ask for big ticket items after having multiple children, especially when they’re close in age. You’re probably going to get eye rolls but if it’s worth it to you to at least ask then go for it. But I would not because it seems tacky.

1 Like

Why do you have a baby registry for your 4th kid?

2 Likes

I don’t get why people are saying don’t have a registry for your fourth. You have 3 girls already and now you’re having a boy. Anyhow. Id add blankets, swaddles, socks, mittens, side snap onesies, diapers, wipes, pacifiers (if you’re using them), boogie wipes, sleepers, baby bath, thermometer. Amazon does have an option to have a “fund” where people can give money towards an expensive item.

1 Like

Do your registry girl, don’t listen to all these people! I think having your 1st boy after 3 girls deserves a party. :tada: Go celebrate your 1st pair of ball bags…… i know the feeling… took me 4 boys before I got my 1st girl so go all out. These people aren’t going to contribute to your Bub anyway so who cares about their opinions :joy: Congratulations once again :partying_face: :raised_hands:t3:
#don’t come @ me!

1 Like

i wouldn’t be making a registry after 3 babies tbh…… it makes you look greedy for gifts. especially with the audacity to ask for high dollar items.

however if you must, do real simple things that people may be ok to getting like crib sheets and onesies. bibs, blankets. keep it super simple.

5 Likes

Most people don’t do a shower for 4 th baby. If it is for boy stuff then a small “sprinkle” not shower

6 Likes

Why you asking for things for YOUR baby
You wanted a baby so you pay for it.
Let friends and family get the baby what they want why pressure them .

1 Like

I didn’t put any expensive things on mine because my in laws, mom and siblings offered to buy the baby the “big things.” But I know with Babylist you can do a fund and people can just add money into it and you can use that towards the expensive stuff if you feel weird asking. I don’t think there’s much difference in needs from boys to girls but I only have two boys lol. I would deff put diapers and wipes (or do a diaper raffle if you’re having a shower.) with my second I had lots of handme downs so I asked for diapers/wipes and gift cards if they weren’t buying from the registry. The people who want/can buy will. Congrats! Boys are amazing💙

Honestly i don’t believe in a registry after so many, but i do believe every child gets to be agnololaged. My 2nd came 13 yrs after my 1st, we had a babyque, we moved into a new house, bbqed, invited people over…we didn’t ask, people just brought baby or house gifts.

I guess if you are having a shower with this baby, put it all on the registry. People like choices.

Where I came from it was rude to have any baby showers after the first baby. Having expectations from other than close family members for a 4th baby is crass.

Just put a message on each invitation
Of things you need
And if people can pick what you need
On the RSVP
then you can email them with an
Item that you need
I personally don’t understand
Why people need to have baby showers and gender reveals

Sometimes people go in together on the bigger items. Like people from work who take up a collection to get one thing.

1 Like

Several people may want go together on the big stuff so leave it.

1 Like

Is thee a store that you intend to buy the expensive stuff from . Maybe they do gift cards and that way you can suggest gift card from that store .

Put everything on! People can decide what they want to buy. :cherry_blossom: congratulations on your boy​:clinking_glasses:

I would make the registry. If ppl want to help they will if not they won’t.

I’d put all kinds of stuff because it’s your last and a boy!! Congratulations! Go all out!

Yeah sorry you’re tacky AF for having a registry at all for a fourth kid. Even more so puttinf expensive shit on it.

Buy and provide for your own on your own

Yes put them on there. I have a lot of cousins and I remember one gift, a big expensive one, was from four or five of them as a group gift. I of course didn’t get anything on my registry but the diapers from the diaper raffle lasted over a year. I had gift cards as prizes and put them name in a jar for each pack of diapers or wipes they brought and drew names out of the jar for the gift cards, also had gift bingo where they had the gifts listed instead of bingo numbers. I think I had smaller prizes for this that I had either got as a gift and was regifting or things I saw while shopping that were being clearanced out and were too good of a deal to pass up on that I didn’t end up needing or using and bath and body works lotions, body sprays, and hand soaps are always excellent gifts that people will use

1 Like

Do your regisrty with exactly what you want. Alot of stores offer discounts on registry items that dont get bought. Target did that for me and it saved me money on big ticket items.

I’m doing mine too! My baby shower may 25th. Having my first girl after 2 boys :purple_heart:

I say go for it, especially if you’re having a shower (or a “sprinkle”). I have gone in on expensive gifts with other family members. I think it’s nice to know what you need, especially when it’s not your first and you don’t need everything.

I had a boy, two miscarriages and a girl when my son was 5….no shower,no sprinkle,just thankful and so Blessed with a healthy baby.

1 Like

Same here, 34wk pregnant with #4 ( first girl) after having 3 boys and youngest is 3. We had already gave away all baby stuff back in 2021 and we weren’t expecting a baby girl surprise! We did register with Amazon + Walmart for a total start-over

None you have a baby shower invite so close friends and family and don’t tell them what to buy

Nothing if is number 4 you should have about everything

I made a registry for my first and 5th (1-4 were girls, baby #5 was my first boy)

I would say to keep them on it! I put everything on my list. After the baby is born/past due date a lot of registries put a discount in! I got a lot of mine for 25% off just because it was on my registry!