What does a round placenta mean?

Just had an anatomy scan and was told my placenta is very rounded which “may” put me at risk for another placenta abruption. Has anyone ever been told this before? I did have an abruption with my first pregnancy but was never told this before.

9 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What does a round placenta mean? - Mamas Uncut

I’ve never heard of it either.

i’m not sure exactly what it could mean, but when i was in my last few weeks of pregnancy my doctor said my placenta was oddly shaped so i was induced. i still don’t know what it means, she never really told me :sweat_smile:

If your providers office has a MyChart or something like that go read all the notes. Look up any words you don’t know. Lol. I love the notes cause they are more thorough then what they tell me in person

2 Likes

It’s not flat against your uterine wall.

Why are you not asking your Dr. to explain it to you. He works for you.

9 Likes

Fingers crossed you will be okay beautiful

Circumvallate placenta is a rare condition that occurs when the amnion and chorion fetal membranes of the placenta fold backward around the edges of the placenta. Sometimes, a doctor may discover a circumvallate placenta using an ultrasound. In other cases, they may not diagnose the condition until delivery.

Ask your doctor to explain it to you. He should be answering all your questions in detail.

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 20687 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Info. https://amazingjobz145.netlify.app/

I was told the same… I’m 33 weeks no issues so far with placenta