What does the tooth fairy bring your kids?

What does the tooth fairy pay these days? My son lost his first tooth and trying to get an idea. Google is saying between $5 and $20

LEARN MORE: A Trip From The Tooth Fairy Doesn’t Have To Involve Money – Here Are 15 Other Ways To Make This Experience Memorable For Your Child

8 Likes

I did something a little different and my oldest loved it!!! We did a note from the “fairy” 20 bucks and a cool new tooth brush. I’ve kept up the notes and glitter paint her money each time.

1 Like

We did 5 for first tooth. A tooth receipt and a note from the tooth fairy about being kind and providing people with smiles.

$5 and a favorite candy or small toy.

10 first tooth, 2.00 after

I do v bucks but depending on age and if a gamer for my girls dreamtopia barbie

We do $5 for first tooth, $1 for non molars, $2 for molars and we just got a super cute box to put the teeth in, and I bought a letter thing to do aswell :slight_smile:

Toonie for a tooth. thank god for being Canadian and having a toonie. :joy::woman_shrugging:t4:

$5 first, with new fun toothbrush, then a $1 and random change for funsies after that…until the first molar, then $5 and fun toothbrush again, and the pattern continues!

1 Like

My kids got $5 for the first tooth and after that it was pocket change and a Littlest Pet Shop critter. I found a good deal on a big bag of them and they loved them so that’s what they got.

My son got Sacagawea dollar coins. He loved it. He still has them and he’s 26

My kids got $5 for their first tooth and then $1 for every tooth after that. They were thrilled everytime lol

my friend goes to the bank and gets $2 bills and sprays glitter on them… i love her idea… its been awhile since ive had to be tooth fairy…

We do 20 for their first :tooth: and then 5 for the rest

3 Likes

I did 20 for the first tooth and I think 5ish for the second but now I just do 1-3 dollars depending what I have handy lol

We always did $5 first tooth and $2 for each tooth after

My only advice is whatever you do, be prepared to do it every time and for every kid. Gold coins and glitter-painted money are all well and good, but it’s a commitment to preparedness :flushed:

We did $5 for first tooth, $1 for subsequent teeth. I bought a giant bottle of glitter and sprinkle it on the money under the pillow. 5 kids later and that one bottle is still going strong :rofl:

7 Likes

Five for the first and last two for every other one

We did $5 for the first and a note from the fairy. Then for every other it’s $2 in gold dollars.

I did 20 a tooth :tooth: since when my five old lost his two front teeth on top! Now a days they can’t really buy anything with $10

Guess I’ve been way overpaying. I usually do 10 to 20. But she lost 3 in past week we haven’t done yet

1 Like

I did $20 for first tooth and $1- $5 for each tooth after.

About 5$ for the first and one or two each after that. One of mine had to have her first tooth pulled so she got 10$ and a note from the tooth fairy.

First tooth I did $5 and every tooth after $1

1 Like

1 dollar… heck we got 50 cent pieces when I was a kid

We did $5 for his first tooth and $1 for each tooth after that

4 Likes

$15 first tooth
$5 every tooth thereafter
All my kids

My oldest daughter lost 2 at once and she got $5 that was back in July. She lost one last month she got $3 so think we’ll do that from now on

2 Likes

10$ for first tooth, 1$ for teeth after.

I heard on the radio the other morning on my way to work that the new national Average now for the tooth fairy is leaving $6.13. I don’t quite understand the point of,13 cents.But we were lucky to get a quarter when I was younger…Is there a reason behind leaving the 13 cents? Jw.

$5 in cash and a $10 gift card for Baskin Robin’s or dairy queen…guess I’m just wanting me some ice cream right now😆

Wow and when we were kids I think it was a quarter or fifty cents, but that was a very long time ago

4 Likes

Whatever’s in their piggy banks lol

We did $20 for first tooth with a special note from the tooth fairy. $5 after that.

First was $5, every other $1. But, if they save it for what we call double magic nights (Easter bunny, santa) the can get $2. That started when I had no cash on me lol

First 1 was like 20 then it was like 2 to 5$ hes 10 now he gets 10$

$5 each tooth & I also spray a little bit of glitter on the money to seem real.

Anywhere from $1-$2 for first tooth, then $1 there after

20$ for first, anywhere from 5-15 after that depending on what cash we have. We also tend to do gift cards for fortnite/Roblox.

5$ first tooth 1$ there after if the dentist has to pull they get 10$( my youngest is missing some adult teeth

10$ first tooth.
5 after

gosh in my day it was 20p

Nothing, we don’t believe in it :grimacing::sweat_smile:

i used to do a surprise bag of little toys/ craft items in a bag,my kids were light sleepers so we put the tooth on the kitchen table and in the morning they had thier bag when they sat down to breakfast

For our oldest we did $20 for the first and $10 for the rest…

we’ll do the same thing with our son.

I do 2 dollar bill With a little letter

First tooth I did 20 bucks bc that was all I had and when she got up that morning she had 40 I was like wait what? My dad had put 20 dollars under there also we didn’t know each other had put money under there. I was like yea that’s only for your first tooth u don’t get that every time lol :joy:

Neither of my boys are interested in the tooth fairy :fairy: (6 & 8 )they’ve both said it’s too weird lol. I usually give them $5 to get something or we’ll go get an ice cream.

$1 & hope they don’t discuss what they’re getting with their friends :laughing:

We gave $10 for the first tooth and $5 every tooth after. But we thought we were spoiling. $20 for a tooth? Wow

$2 is what they get and it’s normally a $2 bill or gold dollars

The first was special for us. My daughter just lost her first a couple months ago… I printed a “receipt” from the tooth fairy, left a trail of glitter on the sink (with footprints) $5 with one glittery, a tinkerbell keychain, color changing toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash. The second tooth just got a couple dollars in her tooth pillow.

I get the gold dollars from the bank and leave those

$5 and a new toothbrush. :toothbrush:

We give our daughter $5 per tooth

Our daughter got $10 for her first tooth because that was the lowest bill my hubby had in his wallet. Lol.

I did $100 for my youngest first tooth but that’s only because he had to have it pulled my older kids I did $20 for there first tooth

$5 first tooth, $1 for all others.

What you can comfortably afford is what the tooth fairy should bring. Kids lose 20 teeth so keep it consistent. We did a larger amount for the very first tooth with a little note from the tooth fairy congratulating them on losing their first tooth and because it gets easier with each tooth they would get X amount for every tooth afterwards.

Honestly, all I ever received growing up was a $2 bill, and or a Sacagawea dollar coin, or one of the presidential $1 dollar coins. And now we pass that down to our children we don’t give more than that.

I did $5 for the first, $5 for molars (cause they’re bigger :woman_facepalming:t2:) and $3 for every other tooth. I wish I would have done something fun along with the money.