What formula did you start your baby on?

Moms that have recently had your babies and formula feed, what formula did they give in the hospital and what formula did you choose for outside of the hospital for your baby

1 Like

My grandchild uses similac . She loves it !

I always start with the Costco brand and go from there

Just had a baby on the 23rd. They gave him neuro pro. Yellow box.
I’m switching him to gentle ease purple can soon as I finish the rest of this formula.

1 Like

Gerber good start is the best. You have to request it.
But don’t buy any until baby is here. I used good start for my son and still wound up donating cans because he déicides he was going to develop of dairy allergy and needed soy :roll_eyes: you just never know.

For the first month of life they are supposed to be on liquid formula only. We did the enfamil liquid, the hospital started us off on it, but after she turned a month we used the enfamil powder and she started spitting up constantly so we switched to the Kirkland brand (Costco) and she was fine

Enfamil at my hospital they do have Similac but I’ve always gone the enfamil route. I always start off with gentalese (purple can)

1 Like

Similac sensitive in the hospital and when I got out enfamil gentlease cuz that’s the equivalent to the similac one since my wic only allowed enfamil

They have the regular yellow Emfamil at our hospital, but I’ve requested Emfamil gentlease. My son had a hard time with the yellow one and we ended up going through three others before we got the gentlease and it worked wonders! So I requested it from day one with my other two and haven’t had a problem!

Similac 360 total care blue can in hospital and at home

4 kids, started all on regular Similac. With my oldest, ended up switching to Similac sensitive after leaving due to lactose sensitivity. 2nd switched to Similac (I think the purple can), due to lactose intolerance. 3rd was on Similac sensitive after about a month of being home. 4th stayed on regular Similac. Currently pregnant with 5 and hoping we can stay with regular Similac. It’s also what the hospital provided too and I had them all at different hospitals.

Similac 360 (my youngest needed the sensitive) but there’s also other amazing formulas from over seas like Kendamil (if its in your budget)

You will have absolutely no idea what you need until child is born.

2 Likes

My hospital gave us Similac 360 (blue) ready to feed to start. Right away, I could tell it wasn’t agreeing with my youngest. They made me wait 24 hours using it to see if he adjusted before they switched him to Similac Total Comfort, which he tolerated much better.

When we came home, I switched him to Enfamil Gentlease (it’s my preferred brand) and we noticed some tolerance issues. At that point, I did some research and found that Gerber GoodStart Gentle has the lactose proteins broken down the most of all formula brands, so we switched to that. He did AMAZING on it.

Different hospitals use different brands

My baby never took a bottle, but I research a lot of formulas, and ultimately would’ve used Bobbie. I don’t trust the American based formulas. Bobbie is a European formula.

4 Likes

The hospital gave us the premade yellow emfamil. My daughter hated it. I got more sample ones from the doctors office and she refused to eat it. I use the parent choice from Walmart gentle advanced formula. My doctor said that is all made with the same regulations. It is way cheaper then brand name. My daughter does great on it. No issues.

We started on regular enfamil but ended up switching to Similac Sensitive. I would just start a regular formula and then you can adjust if your baby needs it

All of my kids used Similac Pro Advanced for supplemental feedings.

I’m giving my daughter Enfamil, that’s what the hospital give her. She’s doing good with it.

Used gerber gentle with all 3 of mine. Pretty much for 9 years. Purple can for colic and gas. Never had any issues with it and all the babies loved it. The kind the hospital gives is so expensive and pretty much the same thing as any others. It’s all a brand thing in my opinion for the price differences. Formula is so expensive especially when you pay out of pocket and don’t have wic.