What happens if you take birth control while pregnant?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

22 Likes

As per my google search I found the following… Don’t worry if you kept taking your birth control pill because you didn’t know you were pregnant. Despite years of this accident happening, there’s very little evidence that exposure to the hormones in birth control pills causes birth defects. Once you learn that you’re pregnant, stop taking the birth control pill.
www.mayoclinic.org › art-20045136
Birth control pill FAQ: Benefits, risks and choices - Mayo Clinic

2 Likes

I had taken alot of medicine and antibiotics thinking I was sick etc but after a week or two of feeling so shitty and nothing working I figured it out… I was so worried about it. The doctor literally looked at me and said “people smoke crack and do heroin while pregnant and pop out perfect babies they don’t deserve. I’m 99% sure you’re fine don’t worry about it”

Lmfao I will never forget it.

11 Likes

I think there is a lot worse things people do while pregnant and deliberately aswell.

No birth control is 100%. I got pregnant with an IUD.

1 Like

not interested in barbaa powers…

Talk to your dr ASAP

2 Likes

You have to talk to a health professional

I don’t understand why you would? Did you not know you were pregnant and were still taking b.c.?

2 Likes

U kill ur baby if u take it knowing u pregnant

I know someone who took it for 4 months not knowing she was pregnant. All was well🙂

1 Like

you risk harm to the fetus & yourself.

1 Like

These questions are seriously stupid lately

Why would you want to?

I got pregnant with twins while On BC. I didn’t know until my doctor told me I was pregnant. We needed up loosing one of them.
I only found out I was pregnant because I went to the doctor. I stopped my weekly injections. I wasn’t even supposed to get pregnant because I purposely shut my ovaries down by this medicine. Didn’t even have a period (for a Surgery).
Now I have a 7 month old baby girl.

3 Likes

I ended up super sick. Went into er how painful it was. Was told to either flush my system out to save the baby or keep going with pain obviously it was hurting to kill the baby. I decided to flush my body out to save my baby. And my child is a teenager now. I never forget how b painful it was.

1 Like

I did it with my first on accident and I just threw up non stop it was awful, its how I realized I was pregnant because I didn’t get periods regularly.

Does no one consider that women get pregnant while on BC without realizing and someone might be asking what damage it could do to the baby to continue taking BC because they were unaware they’re pregnant??

20 Likes

i took bc the 1st month of pregnancy i didnt know i was pregnant though. Nothing happened…she was born a healthy baby girl.

I had a miscarriage. I didn’t know I was pregnant. I was only 2 weeks pregnant at the time but it was still heartbreaking

I feel like you formulated the question wrong.
From what I gather, you got pregnant while on pills without knowing and continued using it and you want to know the risks? Right?

To get a satisfactory answer you should probably talk to your doc. Good luck!

16 Likes

Just don’t breed if this is a legitimate question :woman_facepalming:t4:

33 Likes

More often than not, nothing will happen however there are some serious life threatening issues that can happen depending on the type of birth control.
I heavily advise asking a doctor these kinds of questions.

2 Likes

If you’re pregnant and know that you are you need to stop taking it immediately and see a doctor because some will cause miscarriage and other issues, at least that’s what my doctor told me.

You won’t get pregnant while pregnant :joy:

13 Likes

You should definitely stop birth control if you are pregnant or it may cause miscarriage or birth defects

3 Likes

Maybe more to this question but…1).why would one want to take birth control while pregnant 2) talk to your obgyn

1 Like

That’s what plan B is. It will definitely cause a miscarriage.

4 Likes

Why would anyone want to do that? Kinda pointless anyway?:thinking:

6 Likes

Why you need pills, it’s too late🤷‍♀️
Or are you afraid to get twins?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Simply…
GO ASK DOCTOR

I would seek assistance with a doctor by going over your situation with them :heart:

Why would you still take it? You’re already pregnant, you can’t get pregnant any further.

4 Likes

This page posts the most stupid crap lately. The other day they asked “what is a miscarriage”? There used to be normal topics on here like relationship advice and parenting tips. This is become google for 12 year old who missed sex Ed class and are trying to do their homework. Unfollowing.

1 Like

Itd make u sick and possibly cause a miscarriage. Honestly who are these dumb cunts that keep asking these questions? Like if ur pregnant u should stop taking ur birth control

honestly you can’t be that dumb… :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

well first thing is ya get called a dumb ass

Relax people. I don’t think it’s a stupid question at all because maybe she accidentally took BC while pregnant and is now panicking wanting to know others experience who have been through the same thing, or maybe she’s trying to abort the baby herself and wanted to know if it worked on anyone else. In my opinion don’t breed if that’s your plan. There is google, but maybe she just wanted different answers from different experiences to ease her mind. People have a one way way of thinking and do not consider other reasons. Instead you assume it’s a stupid question. Very annoying!

11 Likes

I took birth control pills while pregnant of my third. I took it for almost 2 months and I didn’t know I was pregnant. I was getting morning sickness, but nothing out of normal. I swear I was feeling pregnant, but took several pregnant tests (all negative) and my doctor told me to not worry about until I took a blood test and it came back positive. She is 6 years now and best thing ever happened to me, she is great child.

I was on birth control while I was pregnant didn’t realize I was pregnant till 4 months. Luckily no side effects to the baby. She’s 14 now

I think she’s asking because maybe she just found out she’d pregnant but has been taking birth control. That happens yall.
I don’t think it’s a stupid question at all.
But call and ask your doctor

2 Likes

I think what would happen isnt good being its to prevent pregnancy🤷 maybe we should all google our own research before we post these questions… Im just sayin​:sweat_smile::joy:

I took it for 3 months…didn’t know I was pregnant.
No issues whatsoever.
Oh yeah, I had twins :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s not considered to be a risk to the developing fetus. I’ve had this conversation with my own doctor because I thought I was pregnant at one point and still took it because I wasn’t sure yet. I wasn’t , however I had to ask the doctor if it would be ok if I had been or do I stop taking until I know for sure(which in turn could have led to me being pregnant :joy:)

Why would you do that?

My Obgyn said nothing could happen. As soon as you dont see your period when your suppose to, then pee on a stick :joy: his exact words to me.

1 Like

It will not terminate a pregnancy if that’s what the question is really about.

This is why I’m waiting until I start my period (EAT is Saturday) before beginning these BC pills🤞🏼

I got pregnant with my daughter while on bc. I didn’t find out until I was almost into my 2nd trimester that I was. That’s when I stopped taking them. She’s a healthy happy 9 yr old.

You can harm the baby. It’s not rocket science people

You should probably ask a doctor that… Yep, definitely

Why tf would you do it like it’s too late :pregnant_woman:t2: :skull:

you’ll still be pregnant