What happens when you get your tubes tied?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

2 Likes

I wish I would have never done it. My periods are awful between cramps that feel like the pain of a thousand knives and the God awful half dollar size blood clots and the not knowing if I’m going to have a period that month it sucks. This is all the stuff they don’t tell you about. I had it done for medical reasons after I had my second child at 26 and I so wish I hadn’t. I’m not 32 and I regret it every day.

1 Like

So happy I did it :cowboy_hat_face: My periods suck too but they did from the get go. The pill made a huge difference but since I was a c-section I opted for a tubal. I don’t feel any different otherwise.

Haven’t got pregnant in 11 years and nothing changed for me so it went well and don’t regret a day of it

1 Like

I didn’t have any issues after having mine done. No pain. And I haven’t had anymore kids after. So that is a plus

1 Like

Worst decision I ever made. Periods are times worse and severely painful. And my periods are random and not on schedule anymore

Best thing I ever did.

1 Like

Best thing I ever did. Nothing changed. Actually my periods got better. I’m not pregnant is a plus. So much less to worry about.

1 Like

It looks like it’s 50/50 in the comments… I’m one of the ones who have horrible periods and pain on the right side of my c section scar but deeper inside… The pain isn’t all the time though just when I stretch a certain way or something…

I got mine tied in 2019 and I haven’t had a period since and I’m not pregnant!

I had mine clamped with the filche clips and got pregnant 3 months later! My periods were heavier and the worst cramp pain I’ve ever had! I now am taking bcp every day and the one my dr put me on I only get my period maybe 3-4 times a year

I had the worse periods after mine. I would miss work from being in so much pain and how heavy my flow was. I talked to my doctor and got mirena iud and haven’t had a period in almost 2 years.