What is a good bedtime for toddlers?

My 2yo goes to bed between 8-9pm & wakes up around 8-9am. He takes a nap around 11:30am & wakes up usually around 2pm, sometimes a bit earlier. He also refuses to take naps some days & refuses to go to bed until 10pm on some nights​:woman_shrugging:t2::sweat_smile:

Bed time: 8-9
Nap time: about 2( sleeps for about 2 hours)
Wake up: 6-7

My 2.5 year olds bedtime is at 8pm. We get up pretty early so she can go to daycare, get up at about 6:15 her nap time at daycare is after her lunch so about 12:30-1 and the nap varies

Bedtime starts at 730 sleep by 8 (most nights). My 4 and 5 yr old same schedule. They both wake up within minutes of 7am. (One wakes the other).

Mine has tea at 4.30 bath at 6 then a bedtime story and cuddle and he likes one bottle and he tends to fall asleep between 7 and 7. 30 he dosent nap during the day we, stopped naps around 6 months ago and he wakes up at 7 to 7.30 i love a good bedtime routine it really helps them to know, when it’s quiet time and settle down time we don’t get toys out after tea time which he’s absolutely fine with as he looks forward to his stories but every child is different you can tell if they still need to nap during the day or roughly what time they start to get tired at so you kinda work it around that :slight_smile:

7:30 - 7:30 , naps 2 hours during the day

8pm-8pm and nap from 1pm-3pm

18month old goes up at 6:30 asleep by 7 then awake at 6 nap at around 11 for 1-2 hours

Awake by 630-7. Nap at 1 til 3 maybe 330. Bed between 715 and 745 depending on when dad comes home for work

8-10pm over here. 10 pm if I let him have a 3 hours nap. 8a-8:30 is our average. He usually has a nap around 1ish-3ish. Wakes up 7-7:30

2 Likes

At 2 my son slept about 12 hours from about 9pm-9am and quit taking a nap. Now he’s 3 and goes to bed about 8 and wakes up around 7.

When my kids were that age, they went to bed at 730. Woke up at 630, breakfast by 8, lunch by 12. Nap time was 1-3:30 ish, dinner around 6 and bath and bed time at 730

My 3 year old wakes up at 8. Naps from 1-3. Goes to bed at 8pm

My 2 year old, went down anywhere from 8-10pm, woke up anywhere from 4.30-7 am and no naps during the day. She sometimes hear her pop leaves for work

1 Like

He wakes up around 7-730am and naps from 12-2pm and then bedtime around 830pm

Just turned 2 in Dec, she goes down at 7/730, has done since 1. She naps 2/3 hours around lunch, drops to an hour if in the car, she wakes about 7. Her big brother is about to be 5 and on the same schedule but stopped naps about at about 3 years :slightly_smiling_face:

8pm bedtime up at 7 or 8. Nap should be around d 2 or 3 if they’ll do it. My 2yo son has days he won’t, this age is rough.
Creating the routine around food makes it easy. Dad has to know how important routine is for development.
Once lo is up, breakfast, play form of exercise then lunch n maybe a snack then nap time in early afternoon should be easy most days. But like I said it can get tricky depending on what mental and physical phase or growth spurt is going on with a toddler at the time.

My daughter is usually up at 8ish takes a nap 12:30-2ish and bed time is at 8:30

My 2 and 3 year old daughter sleep from 8pm to 7am and then a nap from 12-3. We have a strict schedule to ensure they get enough sleep and aren’t super grumpy through the day :relaxed:

Daughter gets up at 8 AM naps 2:30-4 bed time is 10 PM

my 18 month old naps from 12pm for roughly 2-3 hours

he goes to bed nightly during the week by 7-8pm and wakes during the week by 7-7:30am … weekends are different as we are home so he will nap 1-2 times on a saturday or sunday from 10:30am-12:30pm then 2:30pm-4:30pm then we let him stay up until he is super tired cause he will sleep in … so like 9/930pm and wakes around 9am then.

every child is different you just have to find something that works for you and your schedule and for them. you also have to be consistent

Almost 2 year old(will be 2 next month) goes to bed at 9 and typically gets up around 9 and naps around 2 or 3 ish.

2.5 year old:
Wake at 06:00
Nap time: 12:00/12:30 to 14:00
Bed time: 19:30/20:00

1 Like

My 2 year old bed time 730-8. Wakes up between 7-8. One 1.5-2 hour nap per day. Usually around 1 after lunch

1 Like

My 2 year old refuses to take a nap lately. 8pm is her regular bed time and she usually wakes up between 6:30am-8:30am

My son has and always has gone to bed when he pleases. No routine as sleep times change anyway. So yeah he goes to bed when he’s tierd lol he’s 3.5 now and will sleep whenever , sleeps in on my days off and wakes up at 8.20 on kindy days lol don’t make shit hard for urself just relax

4 Likes

Bed at half 3 in morning, up 15 minutes later. Need to toughen them up.

2 Likes

Bed 6/30 PM morning all depends on the child average about 7 Nap time 1 hr everyday same time about 2 … works well when you havea routine , an the child becomes so happy too …GOOD LUCK …:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My 3 year old and 9 month old sleep from 8-9 or 10 and nap from 1-3. Sometimes the baby falls asleep in the car between those times as well.

7-8 pm bedtime. If he would nap it would be for about an hour- hour and a half after wherever he had lunch.

My 2yr old goes to bed 7.30-8 and wakes anywhere from 6.30-8
He doesnt nap during the day.

No naps anymore (turned 2 on 1/6). Bed between 6:30 and 7. Up at 7.

I have a 3 year old, she does really well on a schedule, she will go to sleep any time between 7:30-8 and wakes up at 6:30, also she doesn’t nap at all. She just doesn’t want to. :relaxed:

Bed at 8 awake at half 7/8 some times i have to wake her and naps at about half 1/2 or not at all

He usually wakes up around 7. Naps at 12 for couple of hours and in bed by 8-9. Sometimes in bed 730 if he wakes up earlier in morning which means earlier nap time then. Sometimes he sleeps in lol so really depends on how the day goes

We all go to bed at 9pm we get up at 7am and naps are at 2pm to 5pm

It depends. My son napped at 2 but my daughter didn’t really. Usually she was up by 7, napping at 1230-1, up by 2 and in bed by 8.
A shorter, well placed nap can help get them in bed earlier if needed.

We are a little more lenient with our schedule. We go off of his cues mostly. He is 22 months old. Wakes up between 8:30 and 10am. Takes one naps usually around 1 or 2. Goes to bed anywhere between 7:30 and 9. We are firm on no later than 9:30. He dad stays home with him during the day while I work as well.

My 2 year old wakes up between 6 and 7. Naps around 12-1230. Sleeps 2-3 hours.
Bedtime at 9.

Bedtime 8:00 PM
Nap time from about 2:00 to 4:00.
Gets up between 6AM and 8AM.

My daughter is in bed by 8 the latest and sleeps til about 7 a.m in the morning!