What is a good book series I can start getting my niece?

For each holiday I get my son one of the Pout Pout Fish book series that tells a story about that holiday. I want to start the same tradition for my niece but I’m having a hard time finding another series, one possibly a little more “girly”. Any suggestions? Thank you!

6 Likes

No suggestions here , but is she a ** girly ** girl or would she enjoy the * boyish* books
?

Magic treehouse, goosebumps, anything scholastic

1 Like

Depending on age. Llama llama has holiday books. Or older the rainbow fairies have holiday books. I believe there is a few holiday geared books in the “if you give a…” series as well for a younger child.

1 Like

Definitely need an age :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dork diaries, Ramona series, Nancy Drew, The Princess in black, The baby sitters club.

1 Like

My almost 8 year old loves the Junie B. Jones, Ivy and Bean, and Phoebe and the Unicorn series.

Little House on the prairie

Ask her what kind of books she likes. Not every little girl is into pink and princesses.

3 Likes

Depending on age, my daughter is into captain underpants series and she’s also into diary of a wimpy kid series

2 Likes

It’s not about holidays or anything, but, the fairy garden books were amazing, and definitely an adorable read :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If she’s little Llama Llama books are adorable! If she’s a little older, The Owl Diaries are good!

I always loved “The boxcar children” and “The babysitters Club”. My daughter loved “Michigan Chillers”

This sounds more like a picture book about holidays. Another series like that is “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed”… product-detail-page

4 Likes

My daughters love listening to the silly antics of Amelia Bedilia. That was my favorite book series growing up. Or perhaps Eloise, not sure who writes those books but they are good for a girl as well

1 Like

My girl loves Fancy Nancy, Tallulah books (by Marilyn Singer) We add to her series at the holidays too. Also Narwhal and Jelly books by Ben Clanton.

The Boxcar Children. Little House on the Prarie. Lemony Snickets. These are good for older kids. There was no age mentioned in the post.

Llama Llama series… all my kids love it

Junie b Jones… Babysitters club…Harry Potter depending on age

1 Like

Judy blume is a great author junie b Jones is good what is the age? If you have a barnes and noble go there they have a great displays like that

2 Likes

How old is she?
Is she in school?
What are her habits?
Personality?
What does she like to do?
Does she have a favorite tv show?

Depending on age, my 7 year old loves Hiedi Hickleback book

How old is the niece? Very different answers will be appropriate for a 2 year old than a 40 year old.

Fancy Nancy maybe. My girls really enjoyed her when they were little

Candy fairies or the cupcake diaries

I always enjoyed Chronicles of Narnia. Then of course there’s always Judy Blume.

3 Likes

Depending on her age of suggest the Wandla Series. My daughter loves them

This really isn’t a “girly” book but growing up, I absolutely loved the Goosebumps series. They have many books with girl leads, if that makes a difference

Both my girls loved the princess in black series of books.

Anything by Shakespeare would be excellent. If she prefers something more modern, Edgar Allen Poe or even Stephen King would work. WTF kind of post is this??? Is your niece in her 50’s or is your niece a toddler??? Like all Dearly Mom’s questions, there’s not enough info to properly answer the question!!!

1 Like

You get her a gift card and take her to a bookstore and follow her lead. You cannot anticipate what a person will want to read until you take the time to learn.

You didn’t specifiy the age but Junie B.Jones are cute and Owl Diaries.

1 Like

Pendragon by D.J. McHale. Seriously it’s a great read, 13 books including the subplots and it even keeps me entertained as an adult I’ve read the whole series twice.

It’s not about holidays or anything but Junie B Jones books by Judy Blume!

How old is she? Dork diaries is cute

1 Like

Junie B Jones books?

5 Likes

Go old school with the babysitters club :joy:

4 Likes

The princess in black, my daughter loves them!

Good books… read most of them… to my grans of course!

Ivy and Bean series!

Junie b Jones dr suess nancy drew

1 Like

Pete the cat my granddaughter loves them

Puppy Place books :+1:t2:

The Shoe Books
By Noel Straitfield

American Girl books, there’s a history lesson in each

1 Like

Enid bliton the magic faraway tree

Dont know her age but Nancy Drew mysteries.

Little house on the prairie

1 Like

I like the series about mary Poppins

nancy drew or what about Harry Potter

Can’t beat Enid blyton

The emeraldicious, pinkalicious, etc.

Amelia Bedelia. :relaxed: or Junnie B. Jhones

American girl books and dork diaries

Age and interest is a big factor. My older daughter enjoyed Fancy Nancy, Eloise, American Girl Books and my younger daughter preferred the Magic Tree House, Dork Diaries and Harry Potter…

Yes! These fairy books are the best they have them holiday and birthday themed, I have three girls and my cousin started buying them for them, and I’ve added to their collection. The first one we got was Camilla the Cupcake Fairy. They are so fun to read, I love them as much if not more than they do!

1 Like

I used to buy all the “biscuit” books for my daughter every holiday and they have them non holiday related as well. Quick easy reads but to this day she loves them. Reads them to her younger step sister now! This is the original where you meet biscuit

Owl diaries have holiday specials

My husband and I got separated when i found out he was having an affair with another woman, when i confronted him, we had argument and he broke up with me, i tried all i could to get him back but all to no avail. I cried all day and helpless looking up to God to help me with the problem in my marriage. All I need is my marriage to be restored back, we’ve been together for years and he has done nothing but cheated and lied to me. but I know it’s something that can be fixed I still love him the same way when I first met him. However I decided to seek help from Priest Andrew, he reunited my marriage back together as it was in the beginning. now my marriage is perfectly fine and I know there are lot of people out there who have different kind of problem in home, marriages and relationships. Here is Priest Andrew email: priestandrewcureservice123@gmail. Com
and whats app him +2349064356977

Junior B Jones!! I loved to read them along with my daughter!!

Judy blume books are great

My husband told me that he was no longer in love with me. He moved out of the house and into another woman’s home” I was heart broken when my husband of three years left to be with another woman.Thank you Dr Uzo for saving my broken Marriage and brought my husband back to me”
Me and my husband are living together happily again… All thanks to Dr Uzo. If you have any problem contact Dr.Uzo now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Here’s his contact,Email him at: [email protected] or you can WhatsApp him on +2348117952155.

Lurleen mcdaniels she is amazing

My girls love fancy nancy and junie b jones

I love Pinkalicious. :heart:

Junior B. Jones are wonderful!

3 Likes

The Thea Stilton series is a fun group of books.

Good day to you, here is a quick one, just in case you are desperately in need of a trustworthy spell caster to help revive your crumbled relationship. Here is one that is truly versatile, compassionate and reliable when it comes to spell casting… Doctor Abolo spelling home is the right choice for you. Contact and explain to him and I can assure you that the rest would be complete magic, my love life was on the verge of collapse until I ordered for a love spell while all due procedures were properly followed, I am a living witness that Doctor Abolo spell magic does work that is why i’m using all medium to let the world know of this great witch doctor who brought back peace and unity to my home, Talk to him today and have your emotional setbacks wiped out totally.
You reach him at these contacts! [email protected]

Heartland series by Lauren Brooks! There are about 20 books in the series. They’re about a family who lives on a farm and takes in abandoned and abused horses. Heal and rehabilitate them with some bumps and drama along the way. They’re so heartwarming and I actually learned from them. They are very light and good pre-teen-teenager books. I started reading them when I was in 6th grade and continued until I finished the whole series. I still have the whole collection and plan on giving them to my daughter in the future.