What is considered a stay at home mom?

Do you consider yourself a STAHM if you are home Monday - Friday with your kids and work PRN (as needed) on weekends doing doubles?I feel so grateful to be home with my kids m-f but I’m getting so overwhelmed and then I pick up weekend doubles sometimes so I feel like I am technically a working mom?Just not sure if I am considered a stahm or working mom lol. Both I guess?

27 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What is considered a stay at home mom? - Mamas Uncut

Words don’t matter. You provide for your family with both. Labels suck

You work…you are a working mom

I’m a stay at home mom tech i guess I work from home and im always with my kids

If you work outside the home, you aren’t a Stay at Home Moms :fire:

3 Likes

Y’all get on here asking the dumbest shit…wth does it matter!?

Yes. I do consider that since weekends you have coverage by I assume dad or family. Great set up!

You’re the hidden third option: a SAHM who picks up shifts when your schedule allows
I dont think you can say “working mom” when you bring in less than what social assistance would offer

To me it sounds like you’re trying to do best by your kids. :black_heart: Forget about the labels.

But in all seriousness, if you have a job outside of being a mom & taking care of the house, you are not technically a stay at home mom.

7 Likes

a mom that stays at home takes care of kids and cleans house and does everything else and get no time to her self.

Working mom, stay at home moms don’t work outside the home in my opinion.

5 Likes

you work. ur a working mom. u get time away from ur kids, at your job.

2 Likes

Why can’t stahm be a job? Your not sitting around doing nothing. Taking care of kids is a full time job so either way your a working mom

4 Likes

You work and bring in an income so you are definitely a working mom :muscle:

I would say you’re a working mom

1 Like

I called myself a part time sahm when I was just working weekends, but it was retail, and I was only doing 4 hours shifts on both Saturday and Sunday so it was easier to just throw in the towel and quit.

Stay at home mom is a homemaker. They cook, clean and take care of the house

Sounds like badass mom to me :woman_shrugging:t2:

I would say you’re a Part time working mom. SAHM are with their kids all the time, taking care of the house, dinners, bringing the kids everywhere and don’t usually bring in income I feel like. At least for me.

If you work for a paycheck, you’re a working mom.

I’d call that a working mom. I stay home with my kids and I get a break on the weekends when my husband is home. Even if I don’t go do anything alone I still get time to relax and help with the kids. You go to work and that is not time to relax no matter how much you might love your job.

1 Like

You’re a working mom. You’re bringing in an income and blessed to be home with your kids through the week! Try to get out from under being overwhelmed. It’s hard to work and still manage the day to day weekly mom stuff but find ways to appreciate the opportunity to do both. It’s worth it for the extra $ and extra time with kids and also out of the house on weekends!

Lucky! Would have loved to be able to watch my children grow up.

1 Like

I’m a work from home stay at home mom. I make handmade stuff from home. But I only work a few hours a day when I want to/can. I never really get a break from my kids. :sweat_smile:

Stay at home does not mean you aren’t bringing in income, it just means you take care of your kids & house the majority of the time. You can be a sahm & still have an income, just not a 9-5.

So would I be a SAHM or Working Mom if I only pick up 1 shift most months? I take care of my boys take them to appointments, activities, events, pick them up from school (I’m not a morning person so my mom takes then to school) I can cook and clean but my mom, my boys and I share in all that. When I pick up shifts I’m only missing dinner and bedtime as I work NOC shifts soooo I’m with my kids almost all the time outside of their school hours and the couple or shifts I pick up here and there. I consider myself a SAHM but maybe that’s not true!

Working mom or SAHM, you’re still a mom getting it and doing what’s best for your family and your needs abd that’s what being a mom is all about!! :muscle: :heart:

Stahm is exactly what it means. Stay at home mom. You’re working. So you’re a working mom.

I always told people I was a stay at home during the week and on weekends I switched to nurse mode. You are definitely a working mom!

I’d consider you a working mom.

You work outside the home, even if it’s not a traditional schedule

I would say you are a working mom.

1 Like

You are a vital part of your family. We do both and are both. We teach our children family is above all more important but, when needed to put in extra to pay bills do what it is needed to put groceries on the table and a roof over their heads. Money is earned and with it comes respect and honor and pride. These are the morals and values that gives us self respect and make us stronger. God bless. Don’t worry what you are just do the best you can being a great Mom.

2 Likes

You’re a working mama :muscle:

1 Like

What does it matter? I would say a working mom. I work full time(9-12 hour days) night shift, usually 6 days a week… my husband puts in close to 70 hours a week… we stay on opposite shifts for the kids.

You work… so you’re a working mom

1 Like

You just are iucky to have 5 days off.

Some of us do both. Working remotely. At home. With kids. So I guess both is now a thing in todays world lol

You are a working mom.

I work weekends and I consider myself both! Home m-Friday till lunch. And then work all weekend.

You’re a working mom. It doesn’t matter what your schedule is. You’re not with your kids 24/7. You’re juggling home/kids & work.

2 Likes

Working mom. The label of SAHM needs to stop having such a bad rap. Even those of us who don’t work outside of the home do a hell of a lot too we just don’t get paid for it.

1 Like

A stahm doesn’t work at all so technically you are a working mom

2 Likes

Working mom … As soon as you get a paycheck for working … ur a working mom… Even if work from home…ur still a working mom …

1 Like

You’re a working mom. You work.

1 Like

SAHM and working mum are both exhausting! I was a SAHM for first two years now I work hybrid remote/in office. I needed to go back for my sanity! Honestly it doesn’t matter what you are as long as you and your family are happy… both ways are great :heart:

1 Like

You would be considered a working mom because you work a job to earn income for the family.

1 Like

I consider myself both. I work 8-6:30, then I come home and I’m up pretty much all day with the little person. I get a half hour to a couple hours sleep off and on. I’m not really functioning. Then I go back to work. 4/7 days. He goes to a grandparents house on Thursdays.

All MOMS work! And they are working 24/7!

3 Likes

What is your goal? What are you trying to accomplish? You are incredibly valuable and many people depend on you so you are worth more than you think. Don’t ever worry about your title. Those that tell you how lucky you are or how great you have it only comment from their outside perspective. That’s it. No one truly knows you and how important you are except your family and of course you. Don’t forget it!!!

U are a working mom that is lucky to have the flexibility to be there with ur family during the week

1 Like

Definitely working. A job is a job not just 9-5

1 Like

All moms work. Whether in the home or away from the home, whether they get a paycheck or not.

In your case, you are a mom with a unique work schedule.

3 Likes

Technically stay-at-home mom means you don’t have a salaried job outside of the home you stay home with your kids instead of putting them in daycare

7 Likes

I would say it’s a bit of both. I’ve been laid off so I’m home and working for my husbands business freelance lately. Aka doing all the work with 0 pay other then UI So I’m going with I’m a stay at home mom the last few months

If you work for pay then you aren’t a SAHM

7 Likes

I consider myself a sahm. I dom’t work at a traditional job.

1 Like

Whether you have a job or just a stahm you are a working mom no matter what in my opinion. Both take energy,patience, and sometimes your sanity lol

5 Likes

If you work your not a stay at home mom.

2 Likes

I don’t think it really matters. Either way you’re working.

1 Like

I still consider myself a sahm even though I’m out of the house three days a week babysitting. Most people don’t consider that a job though

I dont think we need a title as working mums or stay at home mums both are so hard and weather you work 2 hours a day or 8 its hard maybe try not taking doubles every weekend you need a relax day too

3 Likes

To be honest, that should NOT matter to you

2 Likes

Working mom. You have a job outside of the house. It doesn’t need to be full time to be considered a job right?

1 Like

You aren’t a sahm. You work weekends and sometimes double shifts at that. Those make for very long hard days. Yes you get to stay at home with them during the week but you’re still working outside the home.

2 Likes

SAHMs is a full time job on top of your other job. You’re definitely a worker bee :honeybee: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

First, all moms (parents) are working moms (parents). Raising kids is tough and should never be viewed as not having a job.

Second, within the context of your question you are a working mom for sure. That sounds like an exhausting schedule so be kind to yourself, invest in things you can enjoy for your own pleasure, and if anyone disagrees Im willing to put a posse together to take care of them :joy:

1 Like

You’re a mom. You don’t need a label.

1 Like