What is decent pay for a 15-year-old babysitter?

I’m so surprised by these numbers, my parents would pay 10 an hour for short hours and 15 for longer times needed. They are watching, feeding, taking care of your children doesn’t matter if it’s a 15yo.

5 Likes

It is a job, you are paying her to take care of your most prized possessions, your children! Remember…you get what you pay for…nothing under minimum wage. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8-12 hours is a long day I would say at least $20-$25 a day.

2 Likes

More like 40-50 a day…you do realize 12 is half a day…for 20.00 I pay my nephew for like 3-4 hours… I buy him food or make sure I give him food…my 2 kids are fed, showered dressed snacks are already prepped and organized in the fridge everything is left out for my 1 year old if he needs a diaper change… would you watch someone’s kids for 12hrs for $20.00

1 Like

She’s babysitting. Might as well get a different babysitter if you’re gonna be cheap about it. 12 hrs for 20? Shoot when i use to babysit yrs ago. I use to get paid $18 an hour for long stays like that and $12 an hour for stays less then 6 hrs.

8 to 12 hrs may not even be legal if your talking about 1 day. If that 8 to 12 is broken up a few days its 10$ and hour period

Look up minimum wage for that age where u live and pay that.

1 Like

At least $10 a hour . Gotta think what it’s worth. What would you baby sit for

1 Like

The same you would pay anyone! She is babysitting

10 Likes

Ask her what she wants per hour. 2.00 a hr seems to low of pay theses days.

1 Like

My sitter watches my 11 yr old. About 6 hrs. Get 20 a day.

If she isn’t doing much depending on how many days 10-15 a day doesn’t sound bad. 15 is more if she does some light house hold duties.

2 Likes
  1. 15 year old for 12 hours???

25 to 30 dollars minimum

8 hours for 2 no matter how old 25.00 / at least $2.00 a hour time is money. An $2.00 dollars a hour after that. Don’t be cheap if a good teen, shows up on time and can stay later at a drop of notice. Cheap people get what you pay for? Buy some snacks they like too, you’ll find appreciated you’ll get that added help.

To everyone saying minimum wage, this is under the table cash so taxes aren’t taken out.

6-7 dollars an hour to babysit a self sufficient child isn’t bad at all.

1 Like