What is it like having a csection?

Thursday I go in for a scheduled c section and I’m so scared! At 23 weeks I was diagnosed with placenta previa, after rushing to the hospital with heavy bleeding. I’ve been on bedrest since then and have had 2 more bleeds which resulted in getting 4 steroid shots for baby’s lungs. I’ll be 36 weeks and 2 days when I go in for my c section. I’m not just worried about baby I’m worried about myself as well, my doctor has told me from the beginning of this pregnancy that with this being my fifth c section it could be dangerous she also told me today that if the placenta doesn’t “want” to come out she will have to remove my uterus. I’m terrified that something is gonna wrong and it’s making me sick to my stomach. I can’t eat and I can’t sleep, my nerves are tore up! Anyone go through anything similar?

2 Likes

I had placenta problems during delivery and my daughter was born at 36 weeks. I was fine, she needed to be intubated and went to children’s hospital for 2 weeks. But now everything is great. I had a vaginal birth and she was my third, but the doctors know what they’re doing. It’s scary but calm your self and breathe, the baby will be perfect and you can do this mama