What is it like to get your tubes tied?

Ohio mamas who got there tubes tied… what was the procedure. Like how long after birth did they do it. And are you awake or asleep for it

1 Like

I was awake during mine the day after we had our daughter. Honestly no different than delivery pain after at least for me the grassiness was annoying though and could get uncomfortable.

Had mine with my c section

I had mine done the day after I gave birth. They put my asleep. I had no issues.

I’m from Canada, I got mine done 2 years after my second born. Fought to get it done too. I was definitely put to sleep for it. Took about 2 weeks to full recovery. Everyone is different though.

I was scheduled to have mine taken out the day after delivery and was to be put to sleep for it. However, had to have an emergency c-section so the did the procedure at the same time.

Had mine with c section. Worse decision ever. I have never had cramps and bleeding this bad. Have to take birth control just to ease the bleeding and the cramps.

I got mine in. 72 and had no problems. Had twins on Tuesday and they tied tunes on Thursday.

1 Like

I did mine when I had to have a c-section.

2 Likes

Wasn’t bad at all highly recommend but I’ve noticed periods are worse after.

I had mine done when my baby was about a month old. Same day surgery out to sleep and was fine by the next day. The thing they do t tell you though is how much it affects your period

1 Like

I had mine done in 93, the day after had my 3rd baby. I felt no different after than I did after first 2 babies. I was asleep during and went home day after.

Had mine done at 26, 3 kids, 2 miscarriages. Was put to sleep, discharged a few hours after. Recovery was alittle rough, not to bad. I was caring for a baby tho.

I had my daughter last year in April and had to wait till July to get mine done. They put me to sleep and was done in less then 45 minutes. Honestly wasn’t very painful and was able to give myself a shower that night.

I was awake. They did it as they had me open for my c section

I didn’t have mine tied I took them out when I was like 26 I think.it was nothing they do put you to sleep it’s done pretty quick I was up moving around right after no pain

Had mine done 25yrs ago. 2 small incisions and home same day. Was put to sleep for procedure. Back to work in 3 days.

1 Like

I had mine done on 10/26 and walked around trick or treating with the kids on Halloween.

I had a tubal ligation on December 23rd(happened around 2pm). I had my baby December 22nd(759p) I went home/was discharged late on the 23rd(shortly after 10p I think) but they took mine out. Three small/micro incisions while I was sleeping. 35yrs old and 5 kids(4 girls, 1 boy). I was suppose to do it back in 2022 after my 4th baby but it was terrified of being put to sleep and talked out of it then by one of the doctors I seen

Make sure they still don’t require a waiver. When I had mine done 14 years ago. It require the waiver signed and 30 days has passed.

1 Like

They tied and burned mine while I was already cut open for my 3rd c-section. I was awake, but obviously very, very numb. I could smell the burning as they were doing that part.

Had money done in 2008, two small incisions — through the belly button and right above the hairline—rest for a few days but no pain. I was put to sleep for it.

I’m from Utah I had my son 4.5 yrs ago… I had my tubes tied 8 weeks after having him… surgery was same day and was less than an hour long surgery two small incisions… everyone’s heal time is diff get rest… only two things diff for me was I needed help for the day and one night with my son and my cramps were way worse and my periods were strong the first two days my periods though only lasted four days… I had signed paperwork to have my tubes tied while I was still pregnant so that way there would be time for the paperwork and insurance to process so that when I went to my 6week postpartum checkup if I was clear I could just make the appointment to get my tubes tied…

if you are having a c-section, you are awake and they do it after delivering baby.
If you don’t have a c-section, you go back at your 6 weeks and they do the forms (you have to sign a waiver stating what this surgery means and then your surgery has to be at least 30 days after signing that) it could possibly be done before your 6 weeks but you are put to sleep for it.

I’m in TN but that’s the info I was given, I don’t have c-sections with any of my babies so my husband will be getting :scissors: since it’s a lot harder on us vs him. His idea. :crazy_face:

Had mine done in 1999 give or take, I had 18 stitches then but now I hear it’s way easier

I was a little crampy for a couple days… but i have a high pain tolerance. Wasn’t anything compared to the 2 c-sections I previously had…

Had mine done in 2017, I was 23 years old. After 3 babies.
Day surgery, put to sleep, 3 small incisions, home the same day. Got send home with pain meds. Was up and moving 2 days later :blush:

I’m a oa mom and had mine done. Period is 1000 times worse with your tubes tied m