What is placenta previa?

I am currently 26 weeks and 1 days pregnant. At 22 weeks I was diagnosed with vasa placenta previa. My doctors are watching me closely and I’m currently on pelvic rest until I have our baby. I’m scared to death of this whole situation and would like to hear positive stories from other moms whom have dealt with this. Thank you so much!:heart:

6 Likes

My sister also had placenta previa, she was admitted to the hospital about 3 months before her due date until she gave birth. She ended up having a c-section and now she’s got a healthy little guy who will be 2 in June :blush:

1 Like

My placenta previa corrected itself. I’m currently 37 + 4 and dilating. No plans for a c section.

There are LOTS of healthy babies born that occured with placenta previa. Some moms are lucky enough for a correction and some mom’s have a cesarean but the babies are healthy and happy just the same.

Just take it easy.

I’m a placenta previa baby from the 80 s and I was born healthy and my mom was healthy too

1 Like

My sister had placenta previa from 20 weeks till 35 weeks and then it moved? And she was able to have an all natural birth. Baby is now 3.5 years old.