What is the best baby cough medicine?

Has anyone tried little remedies honey cough syrup 12 mo+ and what else would you recommend for a lil 1 1/2 year old?

2 Likes

It works amazing for my kids!

Lemonade is a natural cough suppressants

Pineapple juice it has the main ingredient in cough syrup and honey from local pollen

2 Likes

I have but none of the meds for little ones seem to help. I give mine pineapple juice for coughs and congestion and that helps more than any baby cold medicine.

1 Like

Childrens Motrin. Honestly though call the doc. They may say something different then all of our docs. They know your child better. This is just what worked for me.

1 Like

It worked very well for us. It’s basically a liquid cough drop. I also like Zarbees.

I did zarabees they also have a chest rub that works great

1 Like

Hylands cold and cough!

Yes. My daughter has cystic fibrosis so i try to stay as natural as possible. Zarbess works really well too

1 Like

Little remedies didn’t seem to work for us we use Zarbees.

1 Like

Garlic and cinnamon tea with honey and lemon

Epsom salt and baking soda soak for 15-20min!! Helps my babies so much

Use these they also have a daytime tiny cold tablets

2 Likes

Sorry picture was bad🤷‍♀️

Everyone keeps saying Zarbees. Zarbees has melatonin in it. If the child is very young and goes into a really deep sleep and gets really congested then can’t cough up the congestion in their sleep there is a potential for choking. If my grand children are giving Zarbees or anything else that will “relax” them to sleep I make it a point to stay awake and watch them just in case they can’t cough up the congestion in their sleep. Just because a child is passed the SIDS age doesn’t mean they can’t choke in their sleep. I myself have sleep apnea. Waking up choking on congestion can be scary even for an adult.