What is the best birth control?

I personally like the IUD or arm implant ones, pill medications are hard for me to remember to take on time daily with my hectic life & even With reminders & alarms I’ll hit snooze or off & have every intention to go take them but get distracted en route :woman_facepalming:t2:

I have nuvaring, and I love it .

1 Like

I prefer the pill. If you start having side effects, you can just quit taking it instead of worrying about a doctor’s appointment or the ER to get it removed/meds.

1 Like

Babysitting some obnoxious kids usually works

3 Likes

I love my mirena. Every other bc besides the mini pill I’ve had bad reactions to. But not this one.

1 Like

I have had Mirena for several years and love them.

1 Like

Nuvaring has been the only one that I haven’t had bad side effects from. And I’ve tried a bunch. Do some research and see what you think would work best for you. :heart:

Like a few others here, I have the mirena and it works great for me.

1 Like

I have the mirena and I love it. I ducked at taking my pill, now I don’t have to think about it for 5 years at a time. Lol. And it’s gotten to the point where I don’t have a period anymore either ( some spotting once in a while but nothing heavy) I’m on my second one

1 Like

Best birth control is absentnace

5 Likes

I have Nexplanon (Arm implant) birth control and I have had it for over 8 years… of course you have to get it changed out every 3 years…
I know every person is different and we aren’t the same but these are the issues that I have had… they say having Nexplanon it stops you from having a period every month… Which is true! I get a period almost every 6 months.
The only issue I have had with this is that when I first got it after a couple months I started my period and I bled alot for the first couple days then I was spotting very lightly… I’d go without a tampon or pad thinking I was done bleeding then bam next thing you know is I’m back at it :pensive: I did this for almost 2 months straight… now everything is fine and I haven’t had any issues (I never went to the doctor to see what was going on I just let it pass)… yes I know I should have went in :unamused:

Mirena! Had mine for 10 years with no periods!

Implanon is what I use, no side effects from it, it’s in ur arm for 3 years.

I had the nexplanon and it got stuck in the arm. Attached to my muscle and was hard to remove. Only the Dr who put it in would take it out

Combination of IUD and condoms?

I had the mirena and had to get it removed when I was 6 weeks pregnant!! So it didn’t work for me x

best birth control is not having sex or a hysterectomy :slight_smile:

I did a lot of research on birth control after I had my son. I am very forget full as well. I ended up going with the pill any way. And when I started it I got a case that is like for credit cards and I put it in the back of my phone. I set an alarm on my phone to take it. You could also put it next to something you do everyday. You have to give your baby a bottle in the am at 5:30 put it next to the bottle and it will help you to remember to take it!

I had mirena. Never again. It embedded into my uterus, removal was excruciating. I have second hand infertility now, had bad hormonal changes when i had it in, weight gain, skin issues

No sex for six weeks after delivery

I had a paragard IUD for 10 years, removed it as we wanted a child and I love it, my son is now 4 and I have another one in, it’s the easiest birth control ever, paragard has no hormones

I have the Liletta iud which is a generic version of mirena. Been 5 years. I have another two years before I need to worry about it. I’ve had no issues. I intend to get mirena in two years. Best choice I ever made

My mirena fell out 3 yrs in on it’s own. All my exs complained it would hurt them cuz they would hit it during fun time. N it would hurt me if they hit it too hard. Was a mess

Mirena love it no issues

There is no “best birth control” nothing is 100% except for abstinence or outercourse… Up the bum no babies…

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-is-the-best-birth-control/19602

1 Like

Well the best is not to do anything

I had the Jadelle and absolutely loved it haha didn’t need to worry or anything like that,
No weight gain or pains etc although getting it in and out sucks.

I’m now on the pill and I HATE it

Personally my favorite is the NuvaRing. No side effects for me and my periods only last 2 days

I’m 9n the Depo shot and love it.

I have the copper iud and love it. No side effects at all. I switched from nexplanon because all of the side effects I was having.

The Shot. It did wonders for me.

I think you just have to find what’s best for you. I had Mirena 3 times and each time it effected me differently. I’m on oral birth control now, the first one their prescribed I loved it. It regulated me, did wonders to my acne, I could tell exactly when I’d start my period, period was light, didn’t have mood swings. Then they switched it up and the one I’m on now I hate it.

Most BC is meant to have their recommendations followed. For example I’m on the Mirena and I was the " percect" candidate for it based on: I have already had kids, my weight, age ect.

If you wan long term and no periods I’d say an IUD. I didn’t have any issues.

The shot has worked for my youngest daughter but she has gained a few pounds, my middle daughter has had a period fir 3 months straight.

I’ve always heard that ‘Nosexatall’ was the best.

6 Likes

Not having sex is the best bc

I personally always recommend the nuva ring. It has potential side effects but it’s the only form I’ve ever felt comfortable with though. I used it for 8 years before taking out to start a family

Natural family planning

My Granny always told me the best method is to hold an aspirin between your knees. :joy:

7 Likes

I have the patch Ortho evra I think it’s called one patch a week and off the 4th week for your period I haven’t had any side effects

I reacted horribly to every birth control I ever tried, shot patch at least half a dozen pills and still wound up pregnant like6 times was supposed to have a Cooper IUD but I still reacted poor to it so my dr finally “allowed” to get my tunes tied they FORGOT to remove the iud and it shifted and shredded me, I still got pregnant with my tubes tied too all of them are a gamble and I wish you luck

3 Likes

Loves loestrin24fe but can’t get it (idk if insurance or company supply issues) so I’m on junelle 21 day. I had nexplannon for almost 2 years and hated it, asked for it out (weight gain, anger, pain in arm, bleeding more and more). Been on pill again for 7-8 months and only have period every 3 months.

Depo gave me a stroke, severe weight gain, and horrible periods. Stay away from Depo!

1 Like

Sorry…just had too !!!

Non hormonal birth control help prevent all those awful side affects.

I’ve been on SO many bc. The only ones I got little to no side effects on was nuvaring and annovera(like nuvaring but replace once a yr instead of monthly) only thing I havnt tried is the one in the arm. Shot, was terrible (gained 80lbs and lost fertility for 18months)and I’ll never recommend it to anyone but everyone’s body is different.

1 Like

I have had side effects with the few I’ve done and the one I have recently taken was called Slynd I had no side effects at all! It’s expensive as it has no generic yet but you can get a manufacturer coupon. I have no insurance and paid $25 a month for jt. It’s also estrogen free.

1 Like

None. They were all terrible for me. I tried Mirena, Nuvaring, and a couple different pills all within a year and my body was all jacked up. I now have cysts on my ovaries. Birth control is poison.

3 Likes

I’ve been on the depo shot twice, once for 5 years… I will say the period after was horrible and long but I got pregnant within a a couple months… and been on it again for 9 months so far. i have gained weight but I hate healthy food lol, and I had a 3 week long period a few months ago. my husband is getting snipped soon so I’m getting off every thing bc any birth control can mess your body up

I had Mirena for 8 years. Never got pregnant on it but I started having pelvic pain, weight gain and hair loss. Took 3 different kind of pills and had horrible anxiety and mood swings. The depo is the only thing I didn’t have side effects too but I only did the shot twice. And stopped all BC and got pregnant 6 months after.

Stay away from Depo… horrible side effects plus I gained so much weight :tired_face:.

I’ve hated every birth control I’ve been on and I’ve tried the patch, pills, iud, the ring, the arm thing, depo.

Depo was the best for me but going to the doctor every 3 months isn’t realistic anymore.

Come get my 10 year old and my 3 yr old grandson
And you can keep em free of charge until your ready for another baby
Return with a small restock fee of $999.99

Natural family planning. Clearblue digital ovulation tests every single month. Worked for 2.5 years for us until we were ready for another. No risk of cancer blood clots infertility as with all hormonal birth controls.

My body just does not like birth control depo was my first and last I had my period for 6 mo straight…then did the patch that was ok but can’t get it wet fairly impossible so it peeled off again had period whole 7 mo.
The pills very bad effects caused my to have diarrhea and bleed my entire time
Current have the nexplanon hate it been since Jan and dramatic weight gain and once again severe cramping and bleeding

Depo screwed up my cycle for over a year after stopping, atm I’m using madrena iud I’ve had no issues, I get light spotting or no periods at all Wich is normal , been using for 4 years ,I’m not ready to get tied yet will be renewing for a second round in may , hope you find something that works for you

Not pills if you want to prevent pregnancy. Pills are low doses and condoms should be used with them. Depo or NuvaRing are probably best. Really, condoms should be used with all birth control to prevent pregnancy without hysterectomy.
All hormonal birth control can change cycles, weight, and take many some time for the body to go back. Pregnancy taking 1-3 years (or more) is normal even without ever having birth control so it’s expected after using it. Average is a year of you try.

Just putting this out there, I literally got pregnant with my only child while using the NuvaRing and condoms together. Followed the instructions to a T. Did some online investigating and found out many women have reported pregnancy while being on the NuvaRing. I’ve been on the Mirena IUD ever since, and it’s done wonders for me. Every form of bc comes with risks unless you’re choosing abstinence. I’d recommend doing some research on your own and then discussing those findings with your doctor.

1 Like

Abstinence… no birth control is 100% effective not even vasectomies or getting your tubes tied.

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17253 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarEarn130.pages.dev/

If I had known I would’ve started my Crypto investment with Mrs Mary a long time ago… lt was just so hard to believe, until I got paid by the platform, A lot of people do complain about scam and all that but I’m’ happy my first time gave me what I wanted and luckily I met the right platform that changed my life, you can contact her

Everyone keeps talking about her diligence and honesty I must say this that she’s the best crypto trader, thank you for transforming my life for the better financially👉

l get paid over $167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18485 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning440.pages.dev/

The first one I had made me fat and moody, the second one I had caused a stroke. You just have to see what works for you and check ALL the side effects.

Get a better financial future for yourself and your children… children are of great importance to us today, so let’s plan for their future. Invest in fx trading today with a reliable and trusted manager like Mrs Mary. Forex trading investment is changing lives today both young and old.
Contact Mrs Mary today via the link

I’ve had my share of experiences trying to make profits in forex trading & crypto, I made losses trading by myself & little gains too, not until I met Mrs Mary Cooper. She’s the best I’ve encountered in a short period and she’s the best trader there is. Feel free to make contact with her.

Choice made plays a better role in giving lives meaningful outcomes, I knew the moment I gave it a try, positive results as expected.Thanks to you Mary. Send a dm via the link below for information

Hello everyone! I found an expert trader who trades for me and I earn weekly All thanks to the Good works of Mrs Mary for helping me earn huge profits weekly and I want to use this opportunity to recommend her Good work kindly contact her below and start earning Mary Cooper

Thank you so much Mrs Mary you’re doing a great job for me and my family may God keep you safe good health and rewards you a thousand folds God bless.

Don’t focus on short term results. Focus on building income streams that will help you maintain consistency forever. Build sustainable income through gradual progression. I am grateful to have met you Mary and ever since it’s being from one testimony to another

I’m really blessed to have Mrs Mary Cooper as my account manager. Since I started trading with Mrs Mary I have made much profits in just few weeks investment with Her. Mrs Mary is reliable and trust worthy kindly click her name to start trading

Don’t have sex. :rofl::rofl:

No really for me it was Nexaplanon.

How are some of these people accepted in this group ?? All u scammers, F off! She is asking a question totally unrelated to your crap!!!

2 Likes

This has really changed my life for the better the only platform I can trust in terms of consistent income.
If you wanna learn how to make money from your smart phone without any discomfort click on the link below to get the proper guide.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I’m sharing this cos I’ve been blessed with her guidance and skills she has helped me achieved a lot financially from her platform in less than one week I’m so happy God bless you ma

I thought I should let y’all know about Mary Cooper too… you know good work deserves good recommendations check her out no pressure click on the profile below and contact her

Through her trading platform I earned so much I don’t have to wait for my monthly pay anymore. I started trading with her few weeks ago and I promised to testify if it works out finally everything works as she promised. You can contact her if you’re interested

Copper iud no side effects for me at all. I will say once it got to the end of its life it did cause pain with sex but I got it removed and everything was fine. Once I have my baby I plan to get back on it. It is said to last 10 years. I’d say that’s a stretch bc like I said I started having pain I was only in year 9

I loved the paragard iud. Non hormonal and worked great. But you do have a period every month

That’s between you and your doctor, Hon. I’m not a good judge. Had a pill baby and an IUD baby.

The only two that I have liked was nuva ring I can’t use it until I am done breastfeeding but when I am done I will go back. The second is the depo I don’t 100% like it because I always gain weight and get acne but I don’t have to worry about a period but do remember everyone is different I have tried every birth control and these two are the only ones that haven’t caused me to have surgery or get pregnant and miscarry or like the IUD and get stuck in one of my tunes and kill me

I’ve always been a fan of the depo shot. You take it once every 3 months and I don’t have a period on it. Only down fall I’ve found is it’s hard to lose weight on it but I haven’t gained a large amount either.

Keeping your legs closed.

2 Likes

Apparently Mary Cooper has all the answers to all life problems on this page… :woman_facepalming:

Not depo shot if you want more kids. I’m 41 and was on depo from 16-18 with normal periods before and I didn’t get one with depo the whole 2 years and now I’m lucky to get one every 6 months to a year. I have never been able to conceive

It’s all about trial and error. Medications can effect us all in different ways and therefore we all have different experiences. Talk to your doctor about narrowing down what options are best for you.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What is the best birth control?

This is something that differs person to person, your best bet is to speak with your OB about options and get a list of side effects of each. I, personally, have used the mini pill for the last 2.5 years and have no complaints with it. It’s the best option for me though because I’m still breastfeeding and I deal with chronic migraines. The lack of estrogen in it helps keep my migraines to a minimum.

Obligatory Everyone is different
I absolutely adore my IUD. Dont have to think about it except doing some simple math in Octobers to figure how long I’ve had it in. No periods. It’s the best

Everyone’s different: but for me the rod has been good. The pill made me have heavy painful periods. The rod I put on a little weight but not too bad.

I’ve had absolutely no side affects with nuva ring, and it’s working been using for 4 years now

Mirena IUD!No problems and no babies for me for 9yrs then got it out and was pregnant in 2wks.

1 Like

I have the copper iud and I just have some really mild spotting and a little heavier period. That’s it

She never said she didnt want kids right now, it could also be to regulate her cycle to have a child or relieve period pain. Just because someone wants bc doesnt mean its to avoid pregnancy :woman_facepalming:t4:

I have the nexplanon. Other than a little break through spotting…I haven’t had any issues.

Vasectomy has no side effects. :joy:

2 Likes

Mirena IUD has been incredible for me. Completely eliminated all menstrual pains. :raised_hands:t2:

Keep A Dime between your Knees.

1 Like