What is the best birth control?

Best but more affordable Formula? I cannot breast feed :disappointed_relieved:

11 Likes

I love Enfamil…but honestly it all dépends on the babes:)

Costco has a Kirkland one and it is excellent and a fantastic price

2 Likes

Just curious why you can’t breastfeed? (Not judging-most woman are not educated and receive wrong information)

But there’s always donor milk and it’s free.

2 Likes

I got the Sams Club formula. It was by far the cheapest and comparable to Enfamil.

Just throwing this out there. It doesn’t matter what is best or affordable. Your baby may have issues with different types of formula. So even if you want to go affordable, you may have to go expensive if your baby can’t handle it.

Other than that. My son had gerber and parents choice.

11 Likes

They are all pretty expensive, we had to switch our formula a couple times to get the best for our son

Honestly check amazon! I saved a ton of money ordering my formula instead of buying in store. Diapers and wipes too!

1 Like

We love Parents choice!!!
I didnt like Gerber bc I felt like the end milk was too watery compared to parents choice or emfamil. Which we use use both Parents choice rice added and enfamil AR and my 3 month old loves and does great on both

2 Likes

Parents choice all the way

Karicare was great for my kids :heart:

Fed is best momma! My friend is using parents choice. It’s the same as other basically. Just watch out for allergies

Sam’s club. You can also call enfamil and ask for samples for free

Enfamil but also apply for WIC!!

1 Like

Hey, I’m a breastfeeding counselor but I also work in mom to mom support. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Is there a WIC program available to you?

Aldi, parent choice(Walmart), comforts(Kroger), Sams club

I can’t say much for formula as I don’t know the costs, but if eligible, WIC could help!!

If you have WIC in your area, they help with purchasing formula and baby food. They are at your local health department or department of human resources. You tell them which formula is best for your baby, and they will give you vouchers that cover the cost. With my first child we couldn’t afford formula, and they helped us greatly.

1 Like

Sam’s club member mark brand it’s just like similac but affordable

Get an organic formula. If you can’t breastfeed, you don’t want to fill your baby with GMO’s

1 Like

Parents choise from walmart has been a life and money saver and my son does amazing with it never spits up or anything.

1 Like

Aldi brand gentle formula competed very closely with Enfamil gentle. Worked for my little guy!!

1 Like

Also, you can get free similac samples. Just google free baby samples. Sign up for a bunch

1 Like

I use presidents choice. Same as parents choice. $17 a can

Just remember that all formula have to have the same basic ingredients per the fda. Store brands are just as good as name brands. If you know someone with a sams club or Costco memberships this will be the best prices you can find.

1 Like

I used members mark from Sams on formula and still use their diapers & wipes!!!

Parents choice. Thats what I used. They come in GIANT containers

1 Like

Walmart has a generic brand that is double the size of enfamil and is just as good in my opinion.
#momof8knows

Most insurance companies will accept a Dr prescription for formula , saved me thousands

2 Likes

Free from your pediatrician, they get tons of it from reps!!

Parent’s choice from walmart. Was about half the price from Similac for my baby.

Ask Dr for samples and sign up for WIC.

2 Likes

I use Gerber good start gentle. It’s like 16$.

depends on your insurance but some insurance pays for it

1 Like

But yes ask doctor and sign up for wic such a lifesaver

1 Like

If you call Enfamil they will send you a full size tin for free and send you multiple coupons every month

2 Likes

when I got wic they told me anyone can get it, not sure if that’s true for every state?

I used parents choice

2 Likes

Sams club or Costco store brand is almost identical to the name brands. Seriously even if you don’t have one near you it would save so much money totally worth it even if you’re just ordering online.

1 Like

We used parents choice from walmart. Huge containers and half the price. Compare with Similac if your baby needs a special kind you’ll be able to find which one matches.

1 Like

I used parents choice from Walmart. A lot more for your money and the same quality.

2 Likes

We started my son on Similac Total Comfort when he was 4 days old, I couldn’t breastfeed either, it was a sample can we had on hand. We tried switching him to the Parent’s Choice brand because aside from the fillers everything was the same. If my son hadn’t gotten so gassy from it we would be stayed on it.

Costco. Double the size half the price. Or president choice organic formula

Can you apply for wic? I got 9 cans a month when I applied then it gradually gets lower as the baby grows

Just a question? You say you “can’t” breastfeed. If it’s a physical situation that won’t allow you to but you’re able to produce milk, have you considered pumping your milk? That way, your baby will still get the benefits of your milk. If that isn’t an option, ask your pediatrician & then have him/her write a prescription for it or sign up for WIC.

Good luck sweetheart & don’t be sad. Even though you may not be able to breastfeed your baby will still benefit from all the love you’re going to give them.

1 Like

Parents choice comfort

Parents choice! My son actually did better on it than similac.

1 Like

WIC is a great way to get formula. If you have state medical, you already qualify. I use Similac.

I couldn’t bf after 3 months and we tried different brands and the Walmart parents choice was just as good as the brand named ones !

Parents Choice! $20 for their largest container. I live by it. I tried breastfeeding but never produce enough milk and had to switch to formula. We tried Similac first, and it made my daughter terribly gassy and not poop as easily. Then we tried Enfamil. She liked it, and it didn’t make her gassy, but she seemed like she was always hungry, and it is just so expensive. Now we use the Parents Choice Gentle; which is the equivalent of Enfamil Gentlease. She loves it, she’s rarely gassy, she has regular poops and she has a regular feeding schedule. I highly recommend it. It’s a Walmart brand, in case you’re not familiar.

2 Likes

I used parent’s choice from Walmart, because that’s what we could afford. :woman_shrugging: My daughter had steady growth, and is healthy as a horse. :grin:

1 Like

I used to use similac but when i put my daughter on wic they made me swap to Enfamil. I like similac better just cause ot doesnt stink as bad and i got coupons for it threw strongmom rewards

Your baby will decide lol. Our daughter liked enfamil gentle (the purple one) and we tried the Walmart brand purple and she didn’t notice a difference :slightly_smiling_face:

Kroger brand is what I used. Look at the ingredients on the regular formula and compare to generic store brand. Kroger brand was the best for me it’s just like the expensive stuff.

We use parents choice sensitive, our Ped herself told us it’s the exact same as similac sensitive

walmart brand is deasent prices and pretty much the same as similac

Yes wic will help alot when my milk supply barley came in i had to formula feed and wic gave me vouchers for gerber formula so go to your local wic office and sign up

We don’t qualify for wic anymore, and we just switched my 10 month old to parents choice from Gerber. Tbh I kind of wish we would have done it sooner

Parents choice. Go to your local health Department and see about getting WIC. It will cover the majority of the formula. You might still have to get a can of 2 but it will help tremendously.

My daughter didn’t do so well with president choice, the hospital put her similac lactose the orange one Because the store didn’t have her kind we ended up having to buy president choice but it didn’t do so well with her so my mil travelled an hour and a half to get her milk, and we put her on the liquid kind and she’s doing great.! My son did good on liquid to!

The Kroger brand, it’s insanely close to enfamil and so much cheaper

Parents choice or if you have a Sam’s club nearby I used that as well. Any store brand really. It’s the same ingredients and all. Just cheaper.

2 Likes

The parents choice brand

I always bought the Sam’s club brand. It’s the same as parents choice but cheaper. It’s well worth a Sam’s club membership to buy your formula, diapers, and wipes there. They have sales on them regularly too

Parents choice or target brand version of enfamil gentle always worked well for my son and the big containers were only $20

Sams club has their own brand it’s a huge tub for $21 it’s like 3 cans of new brand

Costco! Kirkland formula. It and the Parent’s choice brands are almost identical to Similac.

Costco Kirkland brand. 16.99 for a plastic tub of it.

enfamil liquid concentrate

I used Costco formula. It was by far the most cost effective and virtually the same as Similac formula. (I even compared all the ingredients on the back of each to make sure)

I also bought parents choice or the sams club brand.

Members Mark from Sam’s Club…great 4 tha $ & same as Similac Pro Advance

Depends on what your baby can handle.

Do you have WIC where you live?

1 Like

We use Enfamil but parents choice is just a good

Costco 16 for q huge can I’d buy 4 q month and lasted me

This one is a good one

This one is a good one

Join Enfamil n Similac

Parents choice and wic

Parents Choice (Walmart) is made by enfamil. I’ve always used that.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What is the best birth control? - Mamas Uncut

I use junelle. Low estrogen. No weight gain, & no periods when u take it continuously, instead of the 21 days on /7 days off. I’ve been on it since 6 weeks postpartum & my youngest will be 4 in August!:blush:

I think the question is if you will be breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding, you have a few options as you can have a progesterone only birth control. Another thing with birth control is that weight gain is a side effect of most of them. So I’d say to make a pros and cons about the ones you are most interested in and weigh them out!

3 Likes

Condoms. No side effects.

3 Likes

I didn’t gain weight with nexplon. I did however bleed the entire time I had it. I had it for about 8 weeks.

I gained the least amount of weight on nexplanon

I also got pregnant with nexplanon and again with Mirena Soo…

1 Like

Have it and love it! No weight gain and I don’t even really have a period. Maybe 1-2 days of light bleeding. I got it 6 weeks pp in oct 2020

A penny…place it on the inside of your left knee and hold it with your right knee. :grin:

4 Likes

Nexplanon was one of the worst decisions I ever made!!

I have pcos, I got the nexplanon but the dr who put it in never told me that it wouldn’t be a good fit for me because of my pcos. I have gained such weight and have actually had to start taking the pill on top of still having the nexplanon. I was very disappointed.

I bled for 4 months straight on the nexplanon then had it removed, the IUD embedded itself and I had to have it removed. Ended up getting my tubes removed which the recovery sucked for about a week and a half but my periods are super light, only side effect I’ve noticed is I get the night sweats still and it’s been 5 months.

Copper (non hormonal) iud. LOVE mine

I really really like my iud. But I’ve had problems with pills and the shot.

I gained weight with the nexaplanon and it made me rage like a lunatic, I knew I was raging but I had no control over it. I’ve had the mirena for a few years now and the bleeding/cramping was terrible for the first 7-8 months but since then it’s been pretty good. I do have to wear a liner 24/7 because I will randomly spot but that’s it

Paragard👌, nexplanon gave me alot of side effects and gained 20lbs in a month

Everyone will have different experiences.
My experience with it, was horrid. I gained 15lbs in the first two weeks, bled nonstop for an entire two months. I couldn’t deal with it. If you’re anemic, I’d stay away from it.
And the way it works, can in some cases result in infertility

I recently got nexplanonwith a lot of hesitation. Everyone is different but what I can tell you is that I am always the 1% and have every side effect. This is my first birth control after nearly 10 years. I was hesitant bc of my past experiences w BC and bc of the weight gain warning. It’s been since feb and I’ve only lost weight and not had any periods

I had an iud it was very uncomfortable and it failed me as it came out and I have gotten pregnant twice since 🥲:sweat_smile::joy: love my kids though

My friend had the nexplanon and it broke in her arm and caused a whole slew of issues for her.