What is the best sunscreen?

My 1 year old has super fair skin and burns very easily. What do I do if he will not leave a hat on? His hair is so blonde (almost white) and thin that his head gets burnt everytime we go out i the sun! Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

I put baby sunscreen on my babies head since she barely has any hair

3 Likes

I put sunscreen on my kids heads. :joy:

1 Like

Put sunscreen on his head. That’s what I did with my son.

1 Like

I put sunscreen on my head especially my part

1 Like

My girls are the same way. Put sunscreen on his head . When mines hair was short I’d even put some on their scalp over their hair :joy: sounds weird but it worked lol

1 Like

Put sunscreen on even if it looks greasy hes protected

1 Like

I would put sunscreen on his head. They sell special scalp sunscreens. Also get a hat with a chin strap and keep putting it back on. Make sure he has lotion on his whole body before you go outside and keep him in a long sleeve surfshirt…he can swim in it and it dries quickly but adds an extra layer of protection.

1 Like

My kid was the same I found a hat with a chin strap she couldn’t get off lol

2 Likes

Use baby sunscreen. It make their hair greasy, but it’s better than burning.

1 Like

I used sunblock on my kids head. Lol.
Keep trying the hat tho.
I started to wear one and that helped my kids keep it on. :heart:

1 Like

We have the same problem. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat when we play outside.

1 Like

my son had the same issue we got one of the hats that had the strap on them so he couldnt take it off easily

1 Like

No judgment, but as much as they love to play outside, maybe make him stay in. Especially at certain times. My oldest is 15, and being looked over for Melanoma. Wish I paid closer attention back then!

1 Like

I just rubbed sunblock on my bald babies head when he was little

Just keep on putting the hat back on and say no when they go to take it off … he will eventually give up x