What is the process of donating eggs?

I’ve been really thinking about donating my eggs lately. I would love to give someone else the chance to have a baby that isn’t able to on their own. Has anyone donated their eggs before? Wondering pros and cons!

I went through Shady Grove Fertility. It’s a long process. You have to pass all of their criteria (age, weight, and medical history), make a profile, and if someone selects you to be their donor then you start the whole medical process. During each step of the process you do earn some money. You will have to get lots of blood work done before hand. You also have to be off birthcontrol and certain other medications in the mean time. There’s a lot to it, so I definitely recommend calling them and reading about it online.

As a mamma that can’t have any more and would love to have one more now that I am with my soul mate ( my sons fathers has never been on his life) and my fiance and I would love to have one of our own but can’t afford IFV… God bless you… sorry I don’t have advice just wanted to tell you that you are an awesome person to want to share that experience with a family

1 Like