What is the recovery like for a tubal?

Has pain was the worst part about it. Was :100: by the next day

I had an emergency C - section then had my tubes tied months after. Then a year after that I had my hysterectomy.
Tubes tied was the easiest recovery.
Good luck :heart:

I was up and going the next day

I was sore for two days then fine. I only had to take ibuprofen.

I had my tubal done with my second emergency csection and this one was much easier than my first. I’m sure has nothing to do with the tubal but definitely wasnt worsening anything pain wise from my csection. My friend had hers done outpatient snd went back to work next day

i had my tubes tied (went old school cut tied and burned ) 8 weeks after my daughter was born for same reason… incisions were very small… it took about 6 weeks to heal (mine took longer as i had a toddler at home who would unknowingly pull at my incision as he climbed up on my lap when i would pick him up his leg would rub against the belly button incision …etc…) i got vicodin for pain. overall it itself wasnt that bad the worse was about days 3-10 …

My Tubal ligation was done one month after giving birth to my daughter. Piece of cake. Tender for a couple days and gas pains were bad but thats it. Was a SAHM and had no issues

1 Like

My belly button was the only thing that hurt when my kids hugged my belly and that was it. Even that only lasted a day or two it was pretty easy

Be sure to talk about the side effects, can cause early menopause symptoms.

I had my tubal ligation done when my girls were almost 4 and almost 2. It was the easiest thing to recover from. It was back in April 2005. I had my son in December of 2005. Yes, I was pregnant when they did it. The pregnancy test they gave me before surgery was negative.

I had my tubal done the day after I had my daughter who will be 6 the end if the month and it was maybe 2 to 3 days…I had one little incision bottom of my belly button took a little over. a year to get the feeling back was always numb but never hurt never had any issues with early menopause after my tubal. was an easy recovery

I did it with 9 kids at home. You’ll be fine. I needed help for two days plus the day of the surgery.

1 Like

I lad mine done 6 weeks after #5. Recovery wasnt too bad.

I tied my tubes 5 months after I delivered. Was the worst recovery ever. And very painful. Dont be coughing😂 and lord help u if u sneeze.

My daughter is having it done today and her doctor told her 3 to 6 weeks depending on how she heals . careful on lifting bending .you heal beter if you just leave the housework alone as much as possible …she has a two year old girl and a baby boy so her husband and her set things up in the house so to eliminate the bending over lifting of too much weight one being the boy as he is over the size on what the doctor said plus every two days someone else will be helping with the children

It depends on how fast your body heals everyone is different .

Could your husband possibly have a vasectomy? It’s just an outpatient procedure, done in the doctors office, and the the recovery and side effects are minimal. Just a thought?

I had mine done on a Friday and i was begging to go to work the following Monday😂

Had my tubes tied 6 weeks after baby number 5 and had no issues, was able to do everything like normal right away

I had my tubal ligation 6 weeks PP. They did everything through my belly button. Was only a little sore for a day or two.