What is up with my neighbor?

We had a neighbor move in next door about two months ago! We tried to be neighborly ya know mutual respect, helped her move some heavy items in wave when we see her… about two weeks after we moved in she started having extremely sketchy people visiting at odd hours which isn’t our business but they beat in the door so loud, honk horns and are overall just obnoxious to the point it wakes my newborn up! She even had a man looking in our backyard at my kids and nephews playing until my husband went to ask If he needed something and he ran off We’ve tried speaking to her and she just apologizes or acts confused we’ve talked to the landlord and he said she told him she’s in bed every night by 930 only has females over during the day time. I don’t think I should have to move, we love our home but idk how to handle this situation.

14 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-is-up-with-my-neighbor/14547

Get it on video and send it to the landlord. Or call the cops. Only so much you can do.

21 Likes

Call the non-emergency number for your police department and ask them to add extra patrols during the hours you see these people normally visiting. But if someone is in your yard looking at your kids, call 911.

16 Likes

Get it on video to show the landlord and if people are there being loud late at night call in a noise complaint with the local police.

12 Likes

We have had a similar situation…called local police and they started watching traffic come and go at the neighbors house. Eventually the cops started pulling people over and arrests were made for drugs. As more arrests were made they busted the neighbor for drugs also! If this is not your case it may be that she has teenagers and they have disrespectful friends. Do call police as much as you can to become a nuisance that they have to watch for awhile… good luck!

7 Likes

Either dealing drugs or doing drugs. Is what my assumption would be especially if she is acting odd as well. Get cameras set up around your house.

8 Likes

They probably sell fentanyl or some heavy shit like that. Dont worry about the people, they dont care about you. Just keep on living your life.

The way you described what’s been happening , there may be illegal activity going on there .

4 Likes

Get it on video…take pictures of the odd people at the house…or better yet, call the police. Tell the cops your landlord said she’s in bed every night at 9:30 and you’re concerned because people keep knocking on the door at odd hours.

4 Likes

Get cameras (that record and retain about 30 days of video) up around your house and motion lights.

2 Likes

Honestly this sounds like a drug house and business. Which I would say mind your own cause more than likely they are being watched. But the part of looking at children is a big deal and that should be reported

11 Likes

Next time it happens call the cops :woman_shrugging:. And get it on video get a security system that you can record everything outside. But it sounds like there’s drug dealing going on tbh. And u don’t know for a fact she put the man up to watching your children n nephews playing he could’ve done that himself. But only thing u can do at this point is call police and get a security system that records everything outside.

5 Likes

She prostitue or she selling dope. Or both

7 Likes

Get a bright outside light too. So they know you are watching them. Also, let your city councilman know, mark it as a nuisance property.

4 Likes

Get cameras that record 24/7 and floodlights that detect motion and at least you will have evidence and can show it

6 Likes

My main concern is that someone was looking at your kids & then ran when confronted. That warrants a police call in my opinion. Don’t mess around when it comes to your babies.

9 Likes

Everyone needs video proof now days. Next time you see someone looking in your yard record them n

Mind your business, move, or deal with the suitation yourself

6 Likes

Call the police to have a record of the sketchy people and take photos when you can. Having a record of what happens will help.
I know, had a snarky neighbor who bulkyed and harassed me from the day he moved in including making the center of my garden second base when he and his brothers played baseball in his too small backyard. I only called for a big problem but if I had called for all his bullying and harassing I would have had record of his harassment.

1 Like

Get cameras for around the outside of your house. Ring even sells ones attached to flood lights. So when it detects motion it would not only start recording but also light up. Definitely sounds like drug users at the very least. I’ve been in that situation before. It definitely sucks.

11 Likes

Drug dealing from the sounds of it

2 Likes

She’s a prsitut. Keep an eye on your kids. Her pmp may be looking for kids to cndition. Cops aren’t going to do anything.

6 Likes

Sounds like you live next door to a drug user. I doubt she’s dealing, because dealers don’t like people coming to their residence; sounds like the people showing up at “odd” hours are the ones bringing her drugs that she may be paying for in an unconventional manner which is why they are all dudes. Just send a few obnoxious and disrupting videos to the landlord- Lock your cars, take ALLLL your valuables out. Even if it doesn’t look valuable, they might mistake it to be valuable and break in your cars to get it. Hey, I could be wrong, but I’ve lived next to a few druggies in my life and this just screams druggie to me.

8 Likes

I’d say get cameras that record 24/7 and make sure they cover all corners of your yard. It’s scary that a creep was watching your kids.once you have video evidence then show to the landlord.

4 Likes

I would file a police report and set up a camera that faces towards her property but not enough to where it would be invasion of privacy

6 Likes

Sounds like drug dealing though they are normally quieter . You cant be the only one getting disturbed so get together with neighbours and complain
People watching your children…video and call the police immediately every time it happens

2 Likes

This should be good :hugs::joy:
Let’s delve into these comments :rofl:

4 Likes

Get security cameras so you have proof and call the police next time something sketchy happens.

This is what I have to deal with every day

1 Like

Get a double barrel shot gun for that pedo watching your kids. Made him mouth the barrels.

2 Likes

She is trouble and most likely there are drugs coming in and out. So yes get cameras and asks for a police drive by at night . Good luck

3 Likes

Start documenting it. Videos and pictures

2 Likes

Put cameras up and let the cops know next time it hapoens

I don’t agree with the ones saying drug dealer because they tend to be quiet and don’t bring any unnecessary attention to themselves, at least the ones in my neighborhood :woman_shrugging: but she could definitely be selling herself I used to live next to one of those too but she would go to them they didn’t come to her house either way I’d definitely get security cameras up outside they’re not stupid expensive anymore and talk to your local police department about maybe uping their rounds in your neighborhood at night

3 Likes

get cameras and keep a close eye on your kids do not let them out of your sight at all

1 Like

Get cameras. It’s definitely not good things, and you need to protect your family.

Cameras and big signs stating you have cameras. They even sell fake cameras. I would put up a few of each so they are completely visible. I have had tenants that get daily meds delivered because they can’t be trusted with a 5 day supply. They took a patch of some sort and extracted the medication and cooked it in a spoon. They sold one portion each day. Lots of sketchy people would randomly visit these people looking for a fix. Be careful!

I remember every day hearing them after the meds were delivered. He would yell at her, Karen, Karen, your face is in your cereal. Repeat. Every morning! I reported them and evicted them after I had enough on camera.

Set up security cameras if a grown man is watching your kids and looking into your property you can go to police.

Get cameras put up all around your house. Looking into your backyard is invasion of privacy and they can get in trouble for that if it continues so you want to have proof so if it starts to get out of hand and you can go to the cops and will probably be eligible to file for a restraining order.