What is your cleaning schedule like?

Does anyone have a perfect cleaning schedule that they adhere to that allows you to keep up on dishes and laundry, as well as other cleaning chores and reorganizing/decluttering at the same time? Do you have a specific day for certain tasks? Do you go room by room? Looking to prioritize things a bit better, to have some leisure time and time to work from home while keeping up on chores

17 Likes

I ‘tidy’ every evening after kids go to bed which includes the days dishes a quick vacuum/sweep.
Friday’s are for mopping.
Saturday’s are for bathrooms and Sundays are for laundry. (I work 9 hour days mon-thurs)

1 Like

How old are your kids? Honestly they can help clean up. My 5 year old knows to put his shoes in the shoe rack plus the toys away. That would help alot in the cleaning process.

2 Likes

Cleaning day is Saturday morning, dishwasher is run during the night and emptied first thing in the morning and I do a load of laundry every day or so and fold and put it away so it’s not a huge task.

1 Like

I try to fold my laundry as soon as it’s done drying now and I do all the dishes each night after my kids go to bed. I do floors/dust etc on Saturday or Sunday and I vacuum then too. We live with my mother and I think she vacuums during the week when I’m not around to witness it bc she’s anal.

Bathroom once a week, I do dishes in the morning, hovering everyday (I have a very messy 2 year old daughter and 3 dogs and 2 cat :joy:) laundry is every two days, dusting,beds,and everything else is once every week

We load the dishwasher as we go during the day. My husband sets it to run at night after he hand washes any dishes that can’t go in the washer after dinner. The kitchen is straightened up together after dinner.
Deeper cleaning is done on weekly on weekends. My husband does laundry on Friday nights. Each family member has their pile of laundry that has been folded to put away. Dusting, floor cleaning, etc is done at the least weekly. My son is responsible for his bedroom, playroom and bathroom. My husband and I both work full-time, so it takes everyone pitching in.

3 Likes

This is gonna be long but here we go, I’ve been following this schedule for years. Sunday- make pancakes and waffles or other breakfasts for the week. Laundry, dishes, sweep, declutter, school (if you homeschool) and prep all outfits and projects for the week.
Monday- wipe down all appliances, school, laundry, dishes, declutter, vacuum.
Tuesday- laundry, dishes, school, sweep and mop, clean up bedrooms, clean switches and knobs and handles, declutter.
Wednesday- laundry, dishes, school, vacuum, bathrooms, water plants and clean windows, declutter.
Thursday- laundry, dishes, sweep, school, meal plan, shopping list, dust, tidy homeschool closet.
Friday- laundry, dishes, declutter, grocery shop, budget and pay bills, family time and eat out sometimes.
Saturday- laundry, dishes, declutter, all fun activities no school and no deep cleaning. “Day off”

I wash dishes as soon as im done using them, if im cooking im cleaning as i go. I clean in and under couches once a week. The key is really not letting everything pile up. Clean .as.you.go. If you used it, put it away right when youre finished. Lifesaver

2 Likes

Yeah clean every five minutes :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What is cleaning?!? :rofl::rofl:
I have a 8 and 6 year old doing distance learning at home so can’t really clean too much since they need my help. I also have a 6 week old who is EBF and I pump for freezer stash. I clean when I can. Husband helps do bathrooms on weekends but kitchen is cleaned everyday if possible and laundry once a week maybe every other week

1 Like

Does anyone clean everyday and still have to clean everyday? Hahah THATS ME

4 Likes

How do i posy something anonymous in this group does anyone know…

I clean every day and do laundry every day and fold and put away before my kids get home from school and then after they go to bed I pick and put away what they missed from playing and homework. My kids are 7 & 13

I work 12 hr night shifts so I clean as I can. Usually on my set days off is when I do a deep clean and laundry. I wash dishes as I use them in the week, and pretty much do a 52 pick up while on my shift.

Every morning, I go “room by room”. Learned this year’s ago…just a few minutes in each room each morning helps tons. And…go to bed with empty clean kitchen sinks.

2 Likes

I pick up after my one year old all day long lol

1 Like

I don’t know if you call it a routine but my daily must dos are one load of laundry washed dried folded and put away and I load the dishwasher all day long and after dinner run it and empty if before bed so it can be loaded all the next day and no dishes stack up in the sink. We also change our trash daily. Other than that most things are as needed.
I just find that if I mess up my routine on laundry or dishes it makes a big difference.

Clean as I go. Dishes are washed immediately after using them. Living area cleaned everyday before I go to work. Husband has the kids clean their room every night before bed. I do all the laundry on Sundays cuz that’s my only day off.

Straightening up happens every night when the kids go to bed. Deep cleaning happens every other weekend.

Only thing I have an everyday routine is, when I get up I start fresh dish water. Then anytime a dish is used I go wash it off.

Load of laundry a day (make yourself wash, dry & fold) I try to dishes twice a day (kind of a stay at home mom I work one day a week). I try to tidy everything every day. I pick 2 days and do floors twice a week. Bathroom is once a week & I dust every other week. I wipe down kitchen every day :woman_shrugging:t3: I do the stove once a week. My daughter is 5 & has to pick up her room every day & then I deep clean it & reorganize her toys once a month.

I sweep/vaccum, load/unload dishwasher daily. I scrub and bleach the bathrooms at the end of the week. I bleach my kitchen countertops after every single time I cook. Once every few weeks I wash windows, dust, wipe walls down and do a whole deep clean. I live in an apartment with no washer or dryer hook up so I usually do laundry once a week.

Sweeping and cleaning the kitchen are done everyday. Bathrooms and mopping are twice a week. Wash bedsheets once a week. Laundry is every other day, sometimes everyday.

I’ve fallen off the wagon recently, :weary: but I used to do a chore calendar. Like vacuum, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, laundry Wednesday, Saturday, clean bathrooms on Thursdays, etc… it was helpful. Its easy to fall off that schedule when you have a 2 & 3 year old and no help though. :confused:

1 Like

lol. my cleaning schedule is a mess. but i try doing the main things every day and the extra deep cleaning maybe once a week.

but right now im on bed rest. so i have to clean slowly and takes me a bit longer.

Dishes are done everyday as well as cleaning the table and benches. Vacuuming and sweeping done Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Moping done Wednesday. Rooms cleaned Wednesday. Toys packed away at night time after a shower. Clothes washed whenever the basket is full. Towels, bath mats, hand towels and sheets washed every Thursday. Bins taken out whenever it’s full or needed.

1 Like

I wash whatever dish I use as I go through the day. I do laundry every couple days and I dont allow toys in my living room or kitchen. Toys stay strictly in my sons room, we’ve had a few accidents where someone has hurt themselves on a toy that is in the rooms they shouldn’t be and my nephew was playing in living room and busted his eye on table. My son cleans his play room every night and my supper dishes and pots and pans are loaded into dishwasher every night. So by time I go to bed at 830 every night my house is clean.

I do a deep clean once a week, then do the kitchen and living room every morning while little one is having breakfast. As long as kitchen, living room and bathroom are presentable if someone happens to pop by then its fine. The bedrooms are another story :rofl::woman_facepalming:

I have started trying to dedicate each day of the week to one specific task so I don’t get overwhelmed and if I feel like I can do anything extra that day, I do it to help stay on top of things.

As a rule now, I start with my morning coffee and any dishes from the night before, make breakfast and take care of Little’s then continue on from there.

1 Like

I do dishes every night before bed and laundry nearly every second or third day depending how much is there.
I dedicate Tuesday or Wednesday to bathroom, vacuuming and moping.
Beds are made and room tided in mornings.
Its just became a routine after a while.

1 Like

I do 2 loads of laundry a day, everyday. I do dishes 2x a day
I change sheets every 3 days
Take out trash at the end of each day.
Dust once a week
Sweep & clean kitchen everyday
Mop kitchen as needed
It’s easier to clean as you go. Things stay clean that way. IMO.

Pick a DAY to stay home all day and do your overhaul like BIG clean , I liked to get up EARLY before kids and partner that way you have the quiet time to wake up properly before the madness and demands of the day start, have a must do before rule as per must get the washing done before going to the shop or where ever , time management is crucial there’s sooooo maaaany things that can be done while waiting for the washing machine to finish etc , make yourself FOLD the washing regardless and put away you will thank yourself time and time again . I’m not trying to be a smarty arse but I was a sole parent and worked kept the home and garden , did sports runs and the whole hog while maintaining a reasonable tidy clean home it’s time management and staying on track .

i just clean whenever i have time too… usually i can keep up with my cleaning but somedays im so exhausted i just let everything build up and than ill get it all done the next day… i never have time but i always seem to get it done lol

2 Likes

Ok, lord I HATE DOING CHORES :disappointed: but three kids, one on the way, large dog, and mechanic husband. . Things need to be done every day or else we get behind. My fav YouTuber does power hours. 1 hour a day, broken up into however many increments you need. (10 mins here, 5 mins there, etc) I don’t feel like I’m Cinderella all day. It touches a little bit of everything.

1 Like

Mom with 3 kids doing Hybrid school. Kids are home M-W.
We deep clean the house on Sat (top floor) and Sun (main living floor). We have ‘reset Wednesday’ where we repeat chores at lesser level (sweep,not mop, tidy rooms w/out vacuum or dusting, bathrooms cleaned without deep details.
I do all laundry on Sunday/Sat and Wednesday.
I clean kitchen daily.
Kids help with above, help clean up after every meal, and walk dog 3x/day.
It’s teamwork, but it makes the dream work :+1:t3:

1 Like

I’m a stay at home mom and I clean as I go. I try to tidy and contain mess all throughout the day. I usually do laundry on Monday and have a deep clean every 6 months.

I do everything after supper… dishes then living room bedrooms sweep vacuum and all and laundry I do laundry everyday in the morning clothes from yesterday. It’s always a load or two depending on how that day went. And scrubbing the entire house (deep clean) Sunday’s

Downloaded a “clean my house” app and u make a list of chores to do and how often u do them. Then do the list it gives u each day

I do dishes every night after bed and than I do my and husband laundry on Sundays and my child’s laundry on friday

As far as cleaning rooms just when it needs done maybe like once a week and I do bed changes once every two weeks

We do a full clean up once a week and try to.maintain it during the week. Its hard at first but it’s what works. Being a clean freak certainly helps too

Honestly I’m a disaster at following schedules and staying organized so my motto is it gets done when it gets done, and it might not get all done, but that’s okay.

3 Likes

Check out pinterest there’s alot of ideas on schedules with cleaning

I tidy up every morning and every night.
I do dishes every night or in the morning depending on how tired I am and I was laundry once I have 2 loads. Then bathrooms and everything else i do when I start to notice it’s needed. These work for me but might not work for everyone.

1 Like

12 year old does dishes/wipes counters after every meal.
10 year old cleans up table/dining area after every meal.
6 year old empties small trash cans daily.
5 year old helps pick up toys.

Everyone is responsible for their own rooms/putting away their own laundry.
I use the tineco on the floors daily.
Bathrooms are deep cleaned once a week.
Laundry is done daily - rotating through each bedroom. Bedding done on weekends.

Check out the CLEAN MAMA FB page or website. She has a nice daily schedule for busy families.

Cleaning schedule? What’s that :sweat_smile:

We’d cleaning dry laundy

My kitchen and batroom i clean everyday mop floor once

I clean day in and out and it’s never clean…

1 Like

it whats called a routine

I really wish I could get a schedule down but as 5 and lots of fur babies and the youngest nursing on demand its hard

I just try to pick up every day and do the dishes as often as I can muster up lol. My house is sooo far from perfect but its usually tidy. I declutter and organize when I notice certain things getting a little too wild. Laundry though? Its literally the bane of my existence in my family of 5, almost 6. I have baskets of dirty laundry waiting to be washed that I just cannot keep up on. Im honestly on the verge of throwing the clothes out and starting over :joy:

2 Likes

I used to have a daily routine but it only lasted a few weeks…I’m a full time working mom of 2 littles and the older one has belly issues so it’s hard to stick to anything lately. I do laundry as a basket fills up and vacuum every few days. My husband usually does the dishes during the day when he’s home and I clean the bathrooms on the weekend after I do my weekly grocery run. I try to declutter as I buy things or as I’m cleaning the kids rooms. I do try to at least pick up the toys after I put them to bed each night so it doesn’t get out of hand.

Dishes after every meal. A load of laundry daily including putting it away. Deep clean the bathroom and kitchen weekly and spot clean daily. I don’t have clutter and am really organized. I assign everyone in the house a task or responsibilities because I don’t live here by myself. Works pretty good.

1 Like

Kitchen/bathroom every 2 days. I have a family room i clean once a week . And deep clean once a week, along with laundry. No order…the bathroom and kitchen are my priorities!!!

Yup. Cleaning person comes every two weeks.

The biggest thing that has helped me is cutting down on the number of hampers in the house, we used to have 4 (one for each kid, one for me and hubby, and one for hubby’s work clothes) and it overwhelmed me. Now we have two, one for regular clothes and one for hubby’s work clothes and it seems SO much more manageable.