What kind of job did you get after being a SAHM?

What kind of jobs do SAHMs go into once the the kids are school-aged or a little before? I really can’t physically do the job I did before and to be honest, I need to make more money than that anyway. But, I’m so torn between getting a job to help my husband feel less of the financial burden and making sure I can take my kids to their activities and be there for school functions. I need a “real job” (saying that because my old career still pays less than many entry-level jobs. It’s demoralizing and upsetting) but I honestly don’t even know how to change careers at 40 years old

29 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. What kind of job did you get after being a SAHM? - Mamas Uncut

I do in home child care and make bank. I’m able to be there for my children and husband while working and bringing in nice money. I was a RMA and it wasn’t a good fit for my family and decided to watch children and been doing it for 8y in 3 different states.

2 Likes

I do part time in realestate ( have prior experience tho ) 3 days a week- works out well
Mainly admin work, I am very lucky to have a flexible place of work

1 Like

Remote life/health and property/casualty insurance agent

1 Like

I went to nursing school, it was not easy but i made it !! Teen mom to RN

9 Likes

Medical receptionist and deli clerk.

1 Like

I’d temp for government (agencies have contracts) then with some experience apply for permanent jobs directly with the government.

1 Like

Work at the kids school

3 Likes

Retail, house cleaning then now janitorial.

1 Like

I’m a preschool teacher

1 Like

I’m a teachers aide at my kids school

1 Like

How about applying at one of your children’s school as a part-time clerical assistant of sorts or even a teachers aide? That way you can have off all the same holidays as your children and even enjoy the summer with them and so on…

3 Likes

School bus driver. You can take your kids with you and you only work the days your kids are in school. Then you get paid to go on field trips! And where I am we get health benefits too!

1 Like

Try home health aide most places are very flexible with schedules

1 Like

Def need a job that is okay with leaving when you have to for the kiddos. Or even try getting some job at the school so you will be off/out the same time they are.

1 Like

I became a court reporter. I freelance & make my own schedule. I make more than double what my husband did, he stays home now with the kids.

1 Like

Cleaning motel s then went back to school to bring my shorthand up to speed and eventually got back in into legal office

2 Likes

My daughter worked at a check cashing office while raising 4 kids,they were allowed to have one sports or after school activity pre years,three of her kids are grown and have a good work ethic ,her youngest is still in school, but has a summer job

1 Like

I worked for an attorney filling out paperwork during COVID. On call Spanish interpreter for a rural hospital. Both were from home.

1 Like

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18985 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning796.pages.dev/

Be a sub at their school.

2 Likes

After 10 years of being a SAHM I became a Realtor and it’s been the best thing ever. I’m still always available and home most of the time. My husband does it too and our kids love having us home all the time. Just as long as you are with a brokerage that doesn’t have certain requirements like desk time and quotas to meet.

1 Like

If you tried get job at there school or otherwise depending on job cleaning lunch monitor,or whatever have u can still be there to get your kids from school on time.

1 Like

l get paid over $ 165 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17596 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarinfopaid419.pages.dev/

I used my sahm years to go to nursing school. I’m not always available for everything but I only work 3 days a week.

1 Like

911 Dispatch it’s not for everyone but I enjoyed it before I got pregnant and I’ll probably be returning once my kiddo hits school age

2 Likes

I work nights. Sleep when kids are in school. Summers gonna be rough🙈

1 Like

Mother hours, so school hours. Working in the schools.

1 Like

Can you work at your kids’ school?

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my c0lleague makes over $ 13788 a m0nth doing this and she c0nvinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://LifeStyle45.pages.dev

See if your child’s school is hiring. Ours is almost always looking for cafeteria workers and aides, which just require a HS diploma or substitute teachers, which since COVID times just require a couple college credits. Then you’re working a school schedule and not necessarily full time.

1 Like

Look into the school department. I know where I am there are lots of job openings.

1 Like

Have you considered becoming an early childhood teacher? I changed careers in 2009 and entered the field. I’ve been director at our center since 2013. I love that I was and am off when my kids were off (weekends, holidays, summers) The bonus is that young children are happy to see you every day! :hugs:

1 Like

It’s not a lot of money but anything helps. Be a substitute teacher or a cafeteria worker.

Work for Doordash.I average 20-30 an hour.Save gas receipt to write off on taxes.You make your hours. If kids get sick,end dash and go get them.

I work as a home health aid , I get to work when my kids are in school and home when they are out.

I ended up getting a job as a lunch lady. I need a schedule conducive to my kids because my husband occasionally travels for work. He’s typically away for a week when he does go away. There is no way I could work opposite his schedule. The pay isn’t great, but the job also isn’t difficult and the schedule couldn’t be better.

1 Like

Correctional officer

Look into cosmetology or esthetician schools! Can pick something where you can sit. Or maybe an office/remote job? Maybe look on Instagram for at home businesses people do (clothes, candles, crochet projects, etc) and sell stuff on your own website?

Women always bear these burdens☹️

5 Likes

I’m going through this in my mid 30s so I understand it a little. I started bookkeeping from home for 1 small business when he was 3 because they allowed me to work from home all but one day a week. When he starts school, I’ll be applying for jobs with the school system. I hope you find something that fits you well.

I was a nanny, then I started working with my cousin cleaning houses & vacation homes. I’m about to find something else though because thanks to the shit show of a president, no one can afford someone cleaning their homes. Idk what I’ll do next but I’ll find something and closer to home to save gas

1 Like

My first job somewhere was FedEx package handler for flexible schedule. Before that, I babysat or cleaned houses as a SAHM for 13 years.

I went to college while mine were in school. I racked up three degrees with a toddler in my lap. Do some research. Find something that interests you.

Special Ed para in the school systems. Same schedule as your kiddos.

1 Like

Went straight into mining work after 10 plus years of being a SAHM…

Well I can tell you this your not alone went to school for year to be a nurse and it’s all gone now that I have been a stay at home mom for 6 going on 7 years :sob: not to mention the hours are just to much with all my kids know and absolutely no child care where we live and own our home :woman_facepalming:t3: nothing their is nothing !! I started my own company which had been hard and I’m still struggling to get things off the ground selling product is easy it’s the advertising and making web pages ect that are stressfull and taking forever and finding a store front in this housing market and dang near impossible even finding a rental is impossible for an affordable price :pensive::pray:t2: so for now I’m look at customer service rep jobs at home I can do with the kids home …. And then next year I’m hoping to go to law school threw our local community college really crossing my fingers in this one starting in the fall when the kids go back to school ps I’m my late 30s

1 Like

At 37, I was hired to be a Sheriff’s Deputy.

3 Likes

First it was fast food then janitorial the money is decent 

I stayed home with the kids for 10 years. When it was time to go back to work I got a job working on the cafeteria at our yongests school. I only work part time but it works perfect. I am off all the same days that the kids are and I get payed to be at home with my kids in the summer

4 Likes

I’m a school bus driver, I bring my kids to work with me.

4 Likes

I worked cafeteria at school. School out no problem you are with the kids.

My plan after my girls are in school is to get my degree is psychology. It doesn’t pay well but it’s my passion. Perhaps you can find something you love and go for it? Life is too short to be at a job you don’t like.

1 Like

I never had the privilege of being a stay at home mom.5 kids.last year i got burnt out on the job i was doing and opened a cleaning service we are in a small tourist town air b&bs have taken over.in one year we have been successful enough for my husband to quit his other job to help me.id start investigating what is needed in your area and try to acomadate that.especially if you need a flexible sced.providing a service of some sort is less of an initial investment than other start up companies.the possibilities realy are endless.choose something you are good at or passionate about.our area has so many needed things daycare providers lawn service cleaning companies care homes there realy are endless possibilities.

2 Likes

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18953 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning916.pages.dev/

When my daughter turned three I decided it was probably time for her to get into a solid routine with school. So I took a job at the Academy she goes to. Once she is done there I will probably take a job at the private school so we can get a discount on tuition and she can get a good education. None of this is what I want to do for a career but it allows me to provide and still be a mom.

1 Like

Could you be an aide at the school? Then you’d automatically be off when the kids are and be on the same schedule.

2 Likes

With school ages kids becoming a substitute at their school can be IDEAL.
High school diploma, AA, BA taken and paid depending on which. Go to your local
School district web site and see who to contact. Usually you do a day of “training” and how to manage the calling system and online to accept or decline jobs and you’re set!

1 Like

Companion care around my neighborhood.Already a a CNA, which I do per -diem on the weekends.Need that flexibility.

It’s called transferable skills now. Many skills we have learned as being SAHM are the same skills you use in a job. Resume layouts how changed so much to this format. With all places looking for jobs the bigger question is what do you want to do? Pick your hours and how many days a week you want to work :woman_shrugging:. What I am going to do in September. Tuesday to Thursday. Mon and Fri tend to be holidays and pro d days. I don’t have child care so that will be what I have to do. Good luck! You got this. A business from home sounds like an amazing fit. Feel free to pm me if you want.

School system lunch room
Worked hours my kids are in school
And have all the holidays off

Fortunately, this is a time when employers are STARVING for staff. Ask yourself: What are your background, skills, abilities? What do you enjoy doing or would like to try? What are your physical and time restrictions? What starting pay would you except? Is this job temporary or the start of a carrer? Is responsibility advancement something you want? Work alone or with others? What are your strengths & weaknesses (be honest)? What type of work would use those strengths and minimize weaknesses. Make a list and see if any patterns emerge. Look at various job posting sites and see what seems a good match.

Depending on your area, there may, be community resources on how to get back into employment. If not there are great resources on the web.

Research, study, explore and have fun. The right opportunities are out there. Good luck!

I went back to work after having a high level position and had to start at a much lower level. It’s okay because my kids were benefitted greatly from our choice. Would do it again only better in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Ive done residential and community care work and also delivery work

I went back to school and got an Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies. I then completed my Batchelor’s in Criminal Justice. I ended up being a Civil Rights investigator. :upside_down_face:

Got a job as an Instructional Aid at a middle school about 10 min away from my kids school to be close by. I love being on similar schedules almost… weekends off,holidays and summer off ect.

Noon aides at school. It can always turn into more down the road.

Then you better make plans for Whean you are 80.